The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New content announced, but isnt this what we alrdy have?!!?

ISDcaptain

LoL, want a like button for posts :D

LOL......honestly I don't see a problem with new content....EVER infact. New content is what keeps the game "Fresh."

Although I see OP's point. Something NEW and unthough of would be interesting to see.......maybe another WORLD EVENT? Possibility?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

once again this isn't trolling, you can take to it to be if you like but it isnt trolling

the basic idea that i am trying to get across is that introducing new raids, new thempark planets is not what is going to keep people around for the long term

so let me break this down

new raid = 1st week of release of new raid, everybody is excited ppl are gathering groups to go run it

2nd week of release, many guild have ran it, people try to pug, but now it starts to get somewhat stale

3rd week of release, man guilds have now cleared the highest difficulty, lots of people have the loot they need, seems like everything is coming to an end

4th week of release = raid junkies go back to hibernation by unsubbing and waiting till next patch for new OPs and FP

cycle repeats with next patch that comes out 1.5 or 2 months later

thus what you have created is a commuter community that comes to the game for a some period of time, sucks up all of the content and then leaves, there is no sense of open endedeness to keep them around for longer than a month

so what im trying to tell BW is that they need something "NEW" or "NEVER THOUGHT OF IDEA" that would break this cycle and give an incentive to players to stay in the game for longer periods which woudl then result in a live breathing community that we all look for when we log on,

i cannot fully point out new "IDEAS" for BW, i can only point them to a certain direction to where tehy can start off of, it is up to teh devs to use their creativity and experience to make a game that revolutionizes the MMO industry with limitless endgame

Let me be the first to welcome you to MMO's

This is the same thing that happens to all MMOs. New content comes out, people enjoy it for awhile, get bored and take a break. new content comes out, they come back, enjoy it, and leave.

In my experience, it's been like this in EverQuest, EverQuest 2, World of Warcraft, and other MMO's. It's all part of the giant hamster wheel we are all running on.

Also, be realistic. I have yet to see any developer push out limitless end game content in short amounts of time. I think the only contender for that would of been SOE pumping out an expansion for EQ once a year (or less).

LOL......honestly I don't see a problem with new content....EVER infact. New content is what keeps the game "Fresh."

Although I see OP's point. Something NEW and unthough of would be interesting to see.......maybe another WORLD EVENT? Possibility?

Read what i quoted, and i dont think what the op is on about is a new world event, hes wanting the revolution equal to the founding of the internet.

I apologise if this thread is not in fact an intentional effort to cause a fight and do further harm to the game. Often text is hard to interpret without eye contact to back it up. I can only answer what I see written.

The level cap increase will please some people. and give some an incentive to again play their 50s, even if short term.

I like space combat, please remove the "nobody" from your post now. ( or write IMHO, )

I think the announcements were "as much as they can currently do".

I am only a recent addition to the game arriving with the new asia-pac servers but I find this game very similar in development to those I have played from 1997 to now.

The load screens and wait for pvp queues are not greatly pleasing me but I waited through the UO/DAOC/EQ/EvE/Horizons/Lotro/Rift development cycles and I tend to think 6 months is the bare minimum to give a game to get on it's feet.

To a suggestion;

Personally I would prefer an open non linear quest exploration planet with an anything goes region in it, but I am prepared to wait.

Edited by Elkirin

I'm trying to be realistic here. thats all.

Yes but the op is not.

Lets look at the options available,-

a social sandbox game mixed to this, that involves playerhousing, decorating etc, player towns and shops and an economy built around real crafting not the grab 3 of that and 2 of this and send companions off todo it. Player created quests and some kind of ingame map editor for player created instances.

an fps stlye element to it, never going to happen as the coding and game design would never work with it

What we have now which a themepark game in the solid sense of a themepark game

So what alternative to those are there.

Edited by Shingara

So.... you're not complaining that they are releasing new stuff, just that they are not releasing ENOUGH new stuff to your liking?

Maybe its just me but after playing console games for years with absolutely 0 new content, and a few with lousy PAY FOR extra content that gives you maybe 10 more minutes of fun.... I would much rather have this type of frequent new FREE content even if I want even more ;)

Who doesnt want MORE and MORE content, but they HAVE BEEN keeping it coming right? We had the exclusive color crystals pre 1.2, the 1.2 patch with new content, the Rakhoul event with exclusives, and now upcoming 1.3 with new content.... all in a span of 6 months, I'll take that any day over nothing.

If I was the guild leader and people abused my fellow players by going inactive after using their guildies to get their gear and then going inactive until the next patch, I'd blacklist them from raiding.

If your guild is like this, you're in a bad guild. Find a better one that remains active outside of the "post-update" rush.

Limitless endgame aye, a new idea never thought of before, something that no company has come up with in the last what...... 15 years. ow im sure if we push you a little you can come up with this ground breaking idea for limitless endgame content and you can become a billionare for patenting it.

I wait with baited breath................

Absolute BS, because in SWG there were limitless things to see and to do on top of combat, enough to keep people subscribed for years. The groundbreaking idea is called "Sandbox".

Name the things you can do in TOR instead of combat and sending companions on a mission, watching a progress bar. Hint: Railshooter does not count.

So.... you're not complaining that they are releasing new stuff, just that they are not releasing ENOUGH new stuff to your liking?

Maybe its just me but after playing console games for years with absolutely 0 new content, and a few with lousy PAY FOR extra content that gives you maybe 10 more minutes of fun.... I would much rather have this type of frequent new FREE content even if I want even more ;)

Who doesnt want MORE and MORE content, but they HAVE BEEN keeping it coming right? We had the exclusive color crystals pre 1.2, the 1.2 patch with new content, the Rakhoul event with exclusives, and now upcoming 1.3 with new content.... all in a span of 6 months, I'll take that any day over nothing.

IMHO I think the Fallout Series had the best pay for DLC on the console in a while. Same with Mass Effect and Halo and stuff. Call of duty...kinda.

Absolute BS, because in SWG there were limitless things to see and to do on top of combat, enough to keep people subscribed for years. The groundbreaking idea is called "Sandbox".

Name the things you can do in TOR instead of combat and sending companions on a mission, watching a progress bar. Hint: Railshooter does not count.

hiya morning, smell the bacon, sandbox has been thought of, invented and created as an mmo genre, he wants a never thought of limitless endgame, and if you look i said there is roughtly 3/4 options for mmos, themepark or sandbox, thempark sandbox hybrid and first person shooter mmo.

Edited by Shingara

I bet your just sad you lost your little virtual home. Although I can't neccasarily give you any BS either, I never played SWG

Read what i quoted, and i dont think what the op is on about is a new world event, hes wanting the revolution equal to the founding of the internet.

it doesnt even have to be a revoultionary idea, it has to be something fresh

for example

include leaderboards for guild that have cleared raids within such and such times, and display that leaderboard on the fleet 24/7 with the names of the top 10 guilds with the top 10 fastest times to clear the raid, this way you create rivalry and incentive in the community to form guilds and be competitive, heck its what got people addicted to CoD

they could do a similar thing with PVP, have the top 50 and top 10 premades players names displayed on a leaderboard in the fleet, give people the ability to see where tehy rank among the thousands of players playing, that way they have an incentive to push harder with premades in order to improve their rep among peers, this again creates rivalry and drama which in turns creates a vibrant and competitive community that give people a reason to log on

create open world pvp incentives, seriously i dont know why this is so hard to for BW to solve, create a resource struggle among factions, so each side has to fight for resources on different worlds in order to continue crafting armor, stims, medpacs, etc

for example,

on tatooine you could make an area that has mando iron, and that is the only area where you can get mando iron, thus both factions would collide at said area to fight over resources, thus it creates a constant conflict

its simple things like this is what gets ppl addicted,

create player housing and start vanity contests, start business competitions, etc

I simply don't know what else to say to some people...

- Fast leveling -> Nothing to do when you level cap, it's to boring,

- slow leveling -> To much time consuming, to much grinding, it's to boring,

- difficult ops and FP content -> I can't do it, BW sucks, they could make it easier,

- easy ops and FP content -> It's to easy, BW sucks, people get the gear and leave the game from boredom

MMO always was grinding. You have hardcore players that take a vacation when new patch arrives and play 24/7 that week. You get a new content and someone out there in the world will very probably clear it in 1st 2 or 3 days. You can play game for like 16h per day, that's still 48h of playtime for that guild. And for the rest that raid 4h 2-3 days per week, well it will take them 4 weeks to clear. And it takes you an extra month or more to get all the gear when the place is cleared.

What the hell do you want with something new? Character storylines (you say it was fun but now it's not), legacy (they are trying on it but people spit on every new thing that's coming out)...

I'm not saying game is perfect but it's impossible to satisfy this community! Everyone compare it to WoW! If they implement something similar, everyone whines it's boring. If it's not similar to it, everyone says WoW got it right, why are you doing it so wrong? It simply can't happen this way...

There are things that need to be fixed as:

- healthy server population,

- ranked warzones,

- bugs,

- character balances...

But when they talk about this, people say there's no new content. And when they talk about new content, people whine they should fix the bugs 1st... It's a damn neverending circle...

IMHO I think the Fallout Series had the best pay for DLC on the console in a while. Same with Mass Effect and Halo and stuff. Call of duty...kinda.

Call of Duty recycles old maps and or cuts maps out of existing campaign areas... and only maybe like 3 new ones total per game =/

Fallout had good DLC... as did Halo (s) with their map packs.

None of those games however have the longevity of playtime that an MMO does, you can beat most console games storylines in a matter of day (s) lol ;)

Oh and NONE of them had FREE content.... and yeah you didnt have to pay to play them, but if you wanted multiplayer you had to fork over some money to MS for XBL, so thats kinda similar.

How many people here played WoW in its vanilla days? If so, do you remember the lack of content there that continued well after launch? The constant server down time? The numerous bugs? WoW didn't even have battlegrounds at launch-those came several months after and until then, world pvp was all you got. WoW was far from being the "polished" game it is today but in fairness, they've had almost 8 years to work on it.

TOR isn't perfect, but it's new. There are things I wish were done differently but I still have fun playing. If you're not having fun playing the game and can only see things to complain about, unsub and don't look back. It's doubtful you'll be missed.

for example

include leaderboards for guild that have cleared raids within such and such times, and display that leaderboard on the fleet 24/7 with the names of the top 10 guilds with the top 10 fastest times to clear the raid, this way you create rivalry and incentive in the community to form guilds and be competitive, heck its what got people addicted to CoD

they could do a similar thing with PVP, have the top 50 and top 10 premades players names displayed on a leaderboard in the fleet, give people the ability to see where tehy rank among the thousands of players playing, that way they have an incentive to push harder with premades in order to improve their rep among peers, this again creates rivalry and drama which in turns creates a vibrant and competitive community that give people a reason to log on

create open world pvp incentives, seriously i dont know why this is so hard to for BW to solve, create a resource struggle among factions, so each side has to fight for resources on different worlds in order to continue crafting armor, stims, medpacs, etc

for example,

on tatooine you could make an area that has mando iron, and that is the only area where you can get mando iron, thus both factions would collide at said area to fight over resources, thus it creates a constant conflict

create player housing and start vanity contests, start business competitions, etc

I.....actually like those ideas.......I also know how very much my companion would love to move into a house with me. HINT HINT MAKO.

for example

for example,

This is a far better post than the Op and would be a better discussion base. It suits me as a PvP er but not sure how do something similar for PvE players

Totally agree with the poster.... And what bothers me most is the thing that they're working this these things while the server is empty... A new race?? GREAT I'LL MAKE A 4TH ALT!!! A new lvl cap?? Ohhh that'll be fun... all my equipment will prob be **** and will be replaced with higher lvl green item.... And yes, its sooo fun to lvl again!

call of duty recycles old maps and or cuts maps out of existing campaign areas... And only maybe like 3 new ones total per game =/

fallout had good dlc... As did halo (s) with their map packs.

None of those games however have the longevity of playtime that an mmo does, you can beat most console games storylines in a matter of day (s) lol ;)

oh and none of them had free content.... And yeah you didnt have to pay to play them, but if you wanted multiplayer you had to fork over some money to ms for xbl, so thats kinda similar.

what if........all the patch updates........you had to pay.......1200 bw points.........equivalent to $20

for example

for example,

Beyond being epeen to the maximum, not taking into account faction imbalances upon servers thus derailing one sides ability to craft or that pvp servers already exists for this and that player housing on planets would get you scalped by most if not all of the hardcore themepark playerbase for even suggesting it on anything but fresh totally blank planets. what is in there apart from leaderboards which is done on external websites already ?

Added to which how does any of that effect in any way at all what we are being given via the news update provided to us and forced you to create a topic about its all junk ?

Totally agree with the poster.... And what bothers me most is the thing that they're working this these things while the server is empty... A new race?? GREAT I'LL MAKE A 4TH ALT!!! A new lvl cap?? Ohhh that'll be fun... all my equipment will prob be **** and will be replaced with higher lvl green item.... And yes, its sooo fun to lvl again!

Wow you are complaining about being ABLE TO level up more? LOL, so you would rather just sit there and be maxed out with nothing to do and no new gear to get EVER? Sounds like you just want to be the guy sitting on fleet bragging about how he has ALL the bestest gear you canz get :rolleyes:

Edited by JediKalel