New content announced, but isnt this what we alrdy have?!!?

ISDcaptain

ok BW announces for swtor the following

new race = cather , does not solve endgame problem

new planet = makeb

new lvl cap = not sure what the new cap is

new OP = terror from beyond

new WZ = ancient hypergate

new space mission = nobody cares

first of all, i could care less about playing as a cathar but some ppl are really anxious to play as one so that still doesnt solve the problem of endgame content for anybody either way

New planet, ok so its another themepark area that people will explore for a couple of weeks and then get bored with it eventually ending up back on fleet like always, fails to solve the problem of lack of endgame

new lvl cap, there a couple of issues with this, what will be the new lvl range for lowbie WZs? if new abilities are added then some classes might become OP or we might have another FOTM class arise, how will BW compensate the people who grinded WH gear, by giving them new gear to grind for? no thanks BW that is a bad idea, does not solve endgame content again

new OP, as always the new OP will be cleared by some guild within the first day and then other guilds might grind this OP for a couple of weeks then log off to wait for teh next op, this again does not solve the problem of no end game content

new WZ, ok let me get this straight, only ONE NEW WZ? why cant BW release 4 or 5 of them at a time, its like they are giving us pieces of the cake instead of letting us enjoy the whole thing, 1 WZ is not enuf to destroy the boredom of the 4 WZs that people are tired of playing again and again, this does not yet again solve the problem of endgame content since people will play this WZ for a couple of hours and get bored

BW!! you need to come with something unique, come up with a fun time sink, stop making all these hamster wheel grinds that WoW has, we are all tired of it and the lack of population is showing that

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

new planet = makeb

new lvl cap = not sure what the new cap is

Just focus on those two - that's a lot more content all of a sudden to run through a few alts on a new planet for a complete story arc - and if they're adding something like that in there's every reason to think Ilum might get some more attention (although of course they don't want to say - hey, we've fixed Ilum now!!! - in their trailer).

Is it perfect? No. But in the past couple of weeks it was starting to look like maybe there were no plans for SWTOR, let alone solid new content. It's still just announcement-ware, but honestly I think it was more than a lot of us expected. If they were just talking about 1.3, then I'd worry about the future of the game.

So yeah, we'd all like to see pazaak gambling, and competitive swoop racing, and multi-player space combat, and of course more chapters to the main story, but they are adding content and raids, so we're getting somewhere...

Edited by jgelling

I believe this is a troll post.

Complaining about new content doesn't make any sense. End-game means raiding. There's a new raid and a new difficulty mode on the way. Don't tell me it's not enough until you have cleared hard-mode EC and the other two raids, thanks.:rak_03:

Complaining about new content doesn't make any sense. End-game means raiding. There's a new raid and a new difficulty mode on the way. Don't tell me it's not enough until you have cleared hard-mode EC and the other two raids, thanks.:rak_03:

this isnt trolling, the fact that once ppl clear the raids and get the loot they need, they no longer see the point to play until another raid comes out in another patch

how many times will people repeat the same raids again and again, if BW wants this game to survive they need to find a groundbreaking idea that will break the longtime standard that WoW has put out which is the "hamster wheel" idea of content,

my guild has cleared EC HM, and now those ppl are logged off until the new OPs comes out, then the cycle repeats with ppl grinding that OP till all the gear tehy need drops

so in the end, these raids do not keep ppl around for a long time, im saying BW needs to get rid of this hamster wheel type of content and come with something fresh

Agreed. Some would whine and cry if they were handed a solid pure bar of gold.

this isnt trolling, the fact that once ppl clear the raids and get the loot they need, they no longer see the point to play until another raid comes out in another patch

how many times will people repeat the same raids again and again, if BW wants this game to survive they need to find a groundbreaking idea that will break the longtime standard that WoW has put out which is the "hamster wheel" idea of content,

my guild has cleared EC HM, and now those ppl are logged off until the new OPs comes out, then the cycle repeats with ppl grinding that OP till all the gear tehy need drops

so in the end, these raids do not keep ppl around for a long time, im saying BW needs to get rid of this hamster wheel type of content and come with something fresh

How would you change things exactly to your liking? Be constructive and point out ideas how to improve the game. Or else people will just think of you as trolling as the spammers tend to do here. I already have 10 of these spammers on ignore because they are just trolling to get people upset.

im totally baffled on the hate turned to this and can only assume its hate for the sake of hate, lets take wow for example, a great game in many peoples eyes, a new playable race is announced and bam happy happy bunnys, a new zone is announced and bam, happy happy bunnys, a new pvp zone......... very rare in wow and happy happy bunnys.

So why is it that the self proclaimed overlords of the interwebz on here find hate for something they would probably praise the gods of wow for giving them yet slap the face of bioware for the exact same thing.

Agreed. Some would whine and cry if they were handed a solid pure bar of gold.

And some will always be cool-aide drinking fan-boys, even when the server pop is dropping like a rock. Ask yourself why that is? No freaking endgame content that is worth a damn and the same 4 pvp zones that get old withing 1 day of playing them. This game is nothing but a joke, sadly. Piss poor design from the very start with trying to be a WoW clone. We have WoW already, we don't need another. Be original or be gone.

How would you change things exactly to your liking? Be constructive and point out ideas how to improve the game. Or else people will just think of you as trolling as the spammers tend to do here. I already have 10 of these spammers on ignore because they are just trolling to get people upset.

What he's asking for is impossible, nor should anyone try. Just as a farmer cannot possibly grow a crop big enough to withstand the ravages of a swarm of locusts, so too a developer cannot create enough raid content to satisfy the Content Locust.

He has a good point, the hamster wheel content is not enough to keep people playing. If BioWare can't use their creative minds to come up with something new, then they are not worth supporting, we may as well just play WoW since that is exactly what BioWare are copying at this very moment.

He has a good point, the hamster wheel content is not enough to keep people playing. If BioWare can't use their creative minds to come up with something new, then they are not worth supporting, we may as well just play WoW since that is exactly what BioWare are copying at this very moment.

It's plenty to keep a LOT of people playing. My entire guild and I are Day One Early Access players. After leveling alts, and experiencing all the storylines and flashpoints (we're still not done with all the storylines) we just did our first HM three days ago. Haven't even done any Ops yet, there's just so much content we're still enjoying now.

But, then again, we're not Content Locusts.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

read the post and during the post its just you complaining about stuff you think is not great.

BW!! you need to come with something unique, come up with a fun time sink, stop making all these hamster wheel grinds that WoW has, we are all tired of it and the lack of population is showing that

Like what? not trying to be rude or anything just curious what YOU would want to see. Instead of complaining how about you give ideas and try to HELP.

Example:

I don't think <blank> is really needed to make this game more unique, how about we see <blank> instead?

What point does he have exactly ? the so called hamster wheel content you suggest should be done differently only has one alternative at this moment in time and that is pure sandbox social mmo. if you can think of another please please please state it here.

As for his point about warzones what point does he have there exactly, and your point about bioware copying wow. How are they doing that exactly, as from last time i checked wow did not invent the mmo concept nor the gear advancment/ content advancment genre, they arnt even close to inventing it when infact mythic are closer to actualy inventing that concept and who are mythic.

Edited by Shingara

once again this isn't trolling, you can take to it to be if you like but it isnt trolling

the basic idea that i am trying to get across is that introducing new raids, new thempark planets is not what is going to keep people around for the long term

so let me break this down

new raid = 1st week of release of new raid, everybody is excited ppl are gathering groups to go run it

2nd week of release, many guild have ran it, people try to pug, but now it starts to get somewhat stale

3rd week of release, man guilds have now cleared the highest difficulty, lots of people have the loot they need, seems like everything is coming to an end

4th week of release = raid junkies go back to hibernation by unsubbing and waiting till next patch for new OPs and FP

cycle repeats with next patch that comes out 1.5 or 2 months later

thus what you have created is a commuter community that comes to the game for a some period of time, sucks up all of the content and then leaves, there is no sense of open endedeness to keep them around for longer than a month

so what im trying to tell BW is that they need something "NEW" or "NEVER THOUGHT OF IDEA" that would break this cycle and give an incentive to players to stay in the game for longer periods which woudl then result in a live breathing community that we all look for when we log on,

i cannot fully point out new "IDEAS" for BW, i can only point them to a certain direction to where tehy can start off of, it is up to teh devs to use their creativity and experience to make a game that revolutionizes the MMO industry with limitless endgame

What point does he have exactly ? the so called hamster wheel content you suggest should be done differently only has one alternative at this moment in time and that is pure sandbox social mmo. if you can think of another please please please state it here.

As for his point about warzones what point does he have there exactly, and your point about bioware copying wow. How are they doing that exactly, as from last time i checked wow did not invent the mmo concept nor the gear advancment/ content advancment genre, they arnt even close to inventing it when infact mythic are closer to actualy inventing that concept and who are mythic.

Wait...what?! How DARE you! Infidel!!! Heretic!!! WoW most certainly DID invent the MMO! They did it RIGHT AFTER Mr. Al Gore invented the internet!!

Sheesh...such ignorance...

Wait...what?! How DARE you! Infidel!!! Heretic!!! WoW most certainly DID invent the MMO! They did it RIGHT AFTER Mr. Al Gore invented the internet!!

Sheesh...such ignorance...

LoL, want a like button for posts :D

once again this isn't trolling, you can take to it to be if you like but it isnt trolling

the basic idea that i am trying to get across is that introducing new raids, new thempark planets is not what is going to keep people around for the long term

so let me break this down

new raid = 1st week of release of new raid, everybody is excited ppl are gathering groups to go run it

2nd week of release, many guild have ran it, people try to pug, but now it starts to get somewhat stale

3rd week of release, man guilds have now cleared the highest difficulty, lots of people have the loot they need, seems like everything is coming to an end

4th week of release = raid junkies go back to hibernation by unsubbing and waiting till next patch for new OPs and FP

cycle repeats with next patch that comes out 1.5 or 2 months later

thus what you have created is a commuter community that comes to the game for a some period of time, sucks up all of the content and then leaves, there is no sense of open endedeness to keep them around for longer than a month

so what im trying to tell BW is that they need something "NEW" or "NEVER THOUGHT OF IDEA" that would break this cycle and give an incentive to players to stay in the game for longer periods which woudl then result in a live breathing community that we all look for when we log on,

i cannot fully point out new "IDEAS" for BW, i can only point them to a certain direction to where tehy can start off of, it is up to teh devs to use their creativity and experience to make a game that revolutionizes the MMO industry with limitless endgame

Limitless endgame aye, a new idea never thought of before, something that no company has come up with in the last what...... 15 years. ow im sure if we push you a little you can come up with this ground breaking idea for limitless endgame content and you can become a billionare for patenting it.

I wait with baited breath................

Edited by Shingara

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.