Hk-51

RevanKnight

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The foundry is half the reason I will not play the empire. Having to destroy hk and fight Revan, no. The false emperor thing also ticked me off. Hk is Revan's droid (with the only exception being Meetra Surik). Doing malgus's dirty work, thats just not right.

So you'd rather skip half the game than skip one FP :p

Edited by Evgen

Uploading a video of the possible instances a previous poster mentioned in the Fatality Crash Site, one of the two is what he's talking about. I'm pretty sure it's the first one I pass by at the Fatality and not the second.

Will edit this post when the video is uploaded.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPMC5xVMliQ&feature=youtu.be

Bam.

Northern center of the world map of Hoth. Pub medpost is also near by it. Currently guarded by White Maw pirates. Will edit this post when I get an SS.
Edited by Ovan_Oh-One

Nice video i believe the second phase is a republic phase or they both are part of the HK-51 story line. but what i'm wondering if its possible for me to use my stealth ability to get past those ''hard fights'' for the quest line. that might give me an unfair advantage.:D

The first time HK-47 met Malak Malak asked what HK thought of him. HK informed Malak of his 'meatbag' status and it amused Revan so much that he programmed HK to refer to all organics in that manner. LOL! I loved that bit of backstory...

I don't think Revan programmed him to refer to all organics as meatbags, but he certainly encouraged it. I know this goes partially against the wookiepedia, but I've always felt HK-47 was better thought of as partially "alive" LIke he actually has a taint of the darkside in him. I've always thought of him like Steven King's Christine, or Leland Gaunt from Needful Things. He pretends to be your servant, but slowly manipulates you into doing things you wouldn't have otherwise done. Before you know it, you are having him murder everything in sight, and when it comes crashing down, he fades away as a harmless protocol droid again, looking for another victim to manipulate.

When I found the missing dialog between HK-47 and G0TO on Malachor V, i was disgusted that the game wasn't finished. It was clear that HK-47 is something different from the copy-cat models based on his design.

So I'm glad HK-51 doesn't say "meatbag" because that is something that HK-47 says, because he's unique.

Instance entrance (and location of codex entry): 510, -840. Codex entry in the spoiler tag.

The Fatality Crash

Among the Empire's losses in Hoth's fabled space battle was a sleek, fast warship designated the Fatality. Until recently, the ship's manifest had remained a mystery to all but the highest Imperial echelons. The only certainty was that the Imperial Moffs were most distressed at the ship's loss.

The wreck of the Fatality was recently discovered by Imperial and Republic forces, but their initial scouting parties soon learned that White Maw pirates had beaten them to the prize. The combined attacks of these enemy forces eventually drove away the White Maw invaders and reveled the Fatality's precious cargo: a legion of deactivated HK-51 assassin droids, the galaxy's most advanced extermination machines.

I want to know how its such a hard quest and why it requires an imp toon and a republic toon if we have already found the instance????:confused:

We don't know if it is a hard quest or not because it isn't in the game yet(and honestly it will likely be three or so quests in a chain rather than a single quest). As for why it requires a character on each side, the real reason is to reward people who vary up the characters they play on a server. The in universe reason is likely explained by this portion of The Fatality codex entry(empahsis added):

The wreck of the Fatality was recently discovered by Imperial and Republic forces, but their initial scouting parties soon learned that White Maw pirates had beaten them to the prize. The combined attacks of these enemy forces eventually drove away the White Maw invaders and revealed the Fatality's precious cargo: a legion of deactivated HK-51 assassin droids, the galaxy's most advanced extermination machines.

I am so much looking forward to HK-51 :D

Good thing that I have some time to lvl my little lvl 10 SW before he arrives as well. Currently I only have a lvl 50 on the republic side. Hope we will get more info soon!

Edited by SilentKitty

We don't know if it is a hard quest or not because it isn't in the game yet(and honestly it will likely be three or so quests in a chain rather than a single quest). As for why it requires a character on each side, the real reason is to reward people who vary up the characters they play on a server. The in universe reason is likely explained by this portion of The Fatality codex entry(empahsis added):

The wreck of the Fatality was recently discovered by Imperial and Republic forces, but their initial scouting parties soon learned that White Maw pirates had beaten them to the prize. The combined attacks of these enemy forces eventually drove away the White Maw invaders and revealed the Fatality's precious cargo: a legion of deactivated HK-51 assassin droids, the galaxy's most advanced extermination machines.

It's supposed to be a massive quest chain and quite challenging. So says Bioware.

It was said HK 'is very difficult to obtain'. What does it mean I wonder? I doubt soloable quest falls under category 'very difficult'. Thus, i think, this should be group quests or we can be asked to get something from current FP bosses.

There is also variant some quest from a chain to HK are daily and we will have to grind some parts or badges... What do you think?

Edited by Zaemiel
grammar

It was said HK 'is very difficult to obtain'. What does it mean I wonder? I doubt soloable quest falls under category 'very difficult'. Thus, i think, this should be group quests or we can be asked to get something from current FP bosses.

There is also variant some quest from a chain to HK are daily and we will have to grind some parts or badges... What do you think?

I just wish it isn't some mindnumbing RNG grind in HM FPs or otherwise, with 0.5% drop chance per item... Hopefully they'll come up with some truly difficult quest, something that doesn't involve killing the same mob for dozens of times.

Im going to ask you something, and you may be disturbed, but i have to ask, without that comment WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING HK??????

Also will he make comments during your story?

i take it you never played KOTOR 1 or 2 lol anyone who as played them knows how kool the HK models are

didn't they say you need a high legacy level or something not sure

Never liked sith anyway, so yeah. :p

Have you tried it? I always played the good guys and wasn't very interested in the empire, but they really set it up so you can play light side. Most of the companions are light side. As an inquisitor you start as a slave, perfect reason to not really support the empire. Then there is the bounty hunter, not really empire at all.

I love the imperial side voice acting and dialog options. I'd give it a try if I were you.

I don't think Revan programmed him to refer to all organics as meatbags, but he certainly encouraged it.

They definitely said HK-47 was programmed by Revan to say Meatbags after he refereed to Malak that way.

And HK has his own will for sure, and manipulates others to his own end. Even if he can be reprogrammed ;)

• 3 weeks later...