Approaching 50, tips?

colakaine

Hi all,

I am nearing level 50 now, and I want to maximize my PvP gear purchasing power by the time I get there. I currently have 1950 Rated Warzone Commendations and 1300 Warzone Commendations. Do I want to cap my regular Warzone Commendations by level 50? Or do I just want as many Ranked WZ Commendations as possible? Also, what gear should I purchase first? I'm assuming a weapon is the first priority, I am a Sith Juggernaut. If anyone knows of a guide that discusses PvP gearing strategy, I would love to look at it. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Hi all,

I am nearing level 50 now, and I want to maximize my PvP gear purchasing power by the time I get there. I currently have 1950 Rated Warzone Commendations and 1300 Warzone Commendations. Do I want to cap my regular Warzone Commendations by level 50? Or do I just want as many Ranked WZ Commendations as possible? Also, what gear should I purchase first? I'm assuming a weapon is the first priority, I am a Sith Juggernaut. If anyone knows of a guide that discusses PvP gearing strategy, I would love to look at it. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

What spec are you? That matters in choosing DPS or tank set. I saved 2000 comms and 3,500 ranked comms for 50, this means that at 50 you can buy your weapon, your offhand, and your 2 piece set bonus right off the start.

The rest is recruit. To do the above you need to buy your weapon, then transfer your ranked comms back to warzone comms to get your offhand and then 2 piece set bonus.

On my recently 50 slinger I got both weapons, my body and my legs right when I hit 50. I have a guardian, so if you have any other questions let me know.

Best advice....pucker up...it's gonna be a ROTFLstomp. :D

Actually, you sound like you have a good plan. Only thing I can think of is to possibly get some warzone adrenals and med stims stored up. Of course, you probably already have that from the dailys in <50 WZs.

The recruit gear is a pretty good gap closer until you can get some BM gear and then War hero Gear. It won't take you long, you'll see. Have fun...that's the best advice!

record your /whispers of people raging on your gear

Eh, I hit 50 yesterday. Only BM pieces I'm missing now are waist and earpiece on my slinger. Only have lost one game and finished the new weekly yesterday when I hit 50.

It's honestly not that bad. Good players > gear unless those players are powertechs or assassin tanks. At least on my slinger.

I just hit 40 and am looking at starting to build up for the 50. But 50 cant be any worse than the pugs in the wz anyway that is usually faceplam all the way most matches. If anyone found a way to get them to stop deathmatching please let me know.

What spec are you? That matters in choosing DPS or tank set. I saved 2000 comms and 3,500 ranked comms for 50, this means that at 50 you can buy your weapon, your offhand, and your 2 piece set bonus right off the start.

The rest is recruit. To do the above you need to buy your weapon, then transfer your ranked comms back to warzone comms to get your offhand and then 2 piece set bonus.

On my recently 50 slinger I got both weapons, my body and my legs right when I hit 50. I have a guardian, so if you have any other questions let me know.

I don't suggest this. That's a lot of wasted effort when realistically he/she is just going to turn around and trade in his/her BM for WH. Just my opinion.

Edited by Stradoo

I don't suggest this. That's a lot of wasted effort when realistically he/she is just going to turn around and trade in his/her BM for WH. Just my opinion.

It's the quickest way to play competitively. I wasn't going to spend them on anything else from 40 to 50, so who cares?

Get Biochem to 380 and get the reusable medpack, endurance/Defense stim and Armor adrenal. Make sure you spec your class to the generally accepted best spec. Find three friends also specced correctly and get on voice.

If you are playing one of the weaker classes get a tank to /follow you all game and guard.

It's the quickest way to play competitively. I wasn't going to spend them on anything else from 40 to 50, so who cares?

I don't. I just have a feeling the OP will be kicking his/herself in the *** when they realize the gear progression. Especially given how easy it is to get BM gear post 1.2.

Thank you for all the replies. I play a Rage spec, and I'm rank 49 Valor. As far as trading in gear, how does that work exactly? I need to purchase Battlemaster pieces with Warzone Comms, and then trade the pieces plus Ranked Comms to purchase War Hero gear? Do I need to be Valor 60 to wear War Hero? I haven't really looked at the PvP gear up to this point, so this is all new to me.

Save up 2,000 Warzone & 3,500 Ranked comms.

Everyone agrees on that.

You now have three choices to choose from:

1. Change ranked comms to regular comms and buy BM gear as someone above suggested.

2. Buy your main hand BM weapon, rip the mods, turnit in along with your ranked comms and but your Warhero weapons.

3. Buy Warhero Ear, Implants, or Relics straight away with ranked comms. You will be able to afford 2. With a third within a couple days of doing dailies weeklies. You can also buy your BM weapon.

I went with number 3 so before I ever set foot in a warzone I had around 950 expertise (If I remember correctly) after adding the recruit gear.

IMO 3 is the best way to go. There is some value in 2. I would not do 1 as it seems like a huge waste as just doing your dailies + a few more WZs a night and you will be in mostly BM gear in less then a week.

I would do #2. Do realize that this will be a bit more painful in the short run, but in the medium run the WH weapon is great.

For a Marauder it's a no-brainer because you can use the BM hilt in your offhand, but you can still use the BM mod and enhancement somewhere.

Recruit gear is fine. Wouldn't be too fussed about route. Do more research in improving skill first as theres more to gain from knowledge/skill than gear.

Depending on your class... 2piece and 4piece bonus is important.

Going for that first is beneficial. Full BM gear is easy enough to farm so it doesn't matter really.

But answering your question.... get the weapon and decide if you want 4 piece bonus of tank or dps

or 2/2 of each.

No matter what class etc... the best perfect player consists of 70% skill, 30% gear.

1. Best gear is Full Warhero with Optimised Mods and 7 Augments

100% gear rating

2. Plain War Hero no Augments

90%

3. Full Battlemaster

85%

4. Full Recruit

70%

5. PVE greens

30%

An amazing player (70Skill) in recuit would be worth: (70)+(30x 70%)

= 91 rating

An average player in 1st rate gear is (50)+(30x 100%)

= 80 rating

I'd say majority of players in WZ are evenly spread between 0-70. If you're really good and are a 70 player you'll get BM just easily.

Thank you for all the replies. I play a Rage spec, and I'm rank 49 Valor. As far as trading in gear, how does that work exactly? I need to purchase Battlemaster pieces with Warzone Comms, and then trade the pieces plus Ranked Comms to purchase War Hero gear? Do I need to be Valor 60 to wear War Hero? I haven't really looked at the PvP gear up to this point, so this is all new to me.

Only Augmented crafted warhero needs 70.

You need to trade in the WH piece for the prereq BM piece.. .just the shell....

- you can remove the mods before hand before shell is consumed

ie: my marauder at fresh 50

I bought 2 Augmented Vibroswords

bought BM Mainhand

stripped mods and put in VSword#2

traded the BM Mainhand for WH Mainhand

Stripped mods from WH to VSword#1

Added augments +str/end to both swords

On my sorc main... bought BM Marauder Chest

- stripped mods and put in Legacy Marauder Helm mailed to marauder (no set bonus)

Sorc: traded BM Chest for Marauder WH Chest

- stripped mods and put in Legacy Marauder Chest (set bonus intact) .. mailed to Marauder alt

As a jugg you want your set piece bonuses first. 5% bonus dmg on charge is more valuable than any combo of stats as you're banking on SMASH.

Weapon dmg is not so important for your main dmg dealer smash.

On another note.. what you need to learn is how to max 8 commendations

i recommend:

75k,300k dmg

5, 50k Protection: Use guard, taunt

5k one life

Solo Kill

Killing Blow

10 Kills

Defend nodes (afk at one if its one sided with no chance of winning)

- stripped mods and put in Legacy Marauder Chest (set bonus intact) .. mailed to Marauder alt
Holy crap, I hadn't thought of this.

(Not helpful for the OP, but an excellent idea for those of us gearing alts.)