Republic vs Empire Crafts?

blindxsecrets

Okay, I have a slightly strange question and I apologize if it's been asked before but I didn't see anything in my search. I usually play one faction and have recently dipped my toe into the waters of Empire. I'm about to get to the fleet and I thought I'd ask first before taking any crafting. This is all on the same server. On the Republic side I have an armormech, but I was debating taking it on my Empire character also. Do they make the exact same schematics? Or do you need to have the same crafting on both sides in order to cover all the bases? I don't want to take the same crafting if they make the exact same gear.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.

There are some schematics you can find that are class specific. Those are always (in my experence) limited to one faction or another. However you can learn Republic schematics on Empire toons and vice versa. Only exception would be Campaign/Black Hole gear shells.

So short answer is no, you don't need one on both sides to cover everything.

Edited by jamescloutier

There is no difference between republic and empire crafting...

*however*

There IS difference between republic and empire mission skills. Some missions are empire specific, some missions are republic specific, and it isn't terribly uncommon for republic to not have any "rich" missions in a particular level range where the empire does have them and vice versa. (i.e. I don't believe the empire has any rich yield mat missions for diplomacy for grades 4 and 5, while republic doesn't have them for grade 3. Pretty sure I saw a similar thing with grade 3 or 4 scavenging compounds)

There is no difference between republic and empire crafting...

*however*

There IS difference between republic and empire mission skills. Some missions are empire specific, some missions are republic specific, and it isn't terribly uncommon for republic to not have any "rich" missions in a particular level range where the empire does have them and vice versa. (i.e. I don't believe the empire has any rich yield mat missions for diplomacy for grades 4 and 5, while republic doesn't have them for grade 3. Pretty sure I saw a similar thing with grade 3 or 4 scavenging compounds)

Very interesting observation sir. This would seem to imply factional supply imbalances that could theoreticly be exploited by....*smiles*

ummmm...saaaaay, how about that local sports team?

Hello,

once you unlocked your Lecacy (completing Chapter one at about level 30-33) you can send mails between characters in your Legacy no matter if they are Imperial or Republic.

Some crafted armors can only be worn by Republic or Imperial classes, but the recipies can all be learned no matter what side a character is.

The recipes are aquired with mission skill missions.

Sumary: do not pick the same crafting-only crafting skill on different characters.

Might be more useful to put biochem for using reusable stims on the 2nd character, but stick to the actual crafting skills' gathering and mission skills.

e.g. the Sith Warrior companion Vette does have a +5 crit on Treasure Hunting - I think one of the highest crit ratios for missions. :) So I kept that, but twinked with Biochem for stims; also took slicing to find special missions.

Regards,

A