EA Press Conference NEW INFO

DarthWoad

Hyperspace gates or something. Seems a bit tied to the new PvE content, 'Monster from Beyond' or some such generic title. Looked rather interesting though.

Ancient Hypergates. I swear I saw a guy come out of one of the triangle things up behind someone. I assume they are the hypergates.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if its a patch or an expansion or what?

No, I'm pretty sure it wasn't mentioned. That fact they didn't say expansion and the addition of free to play 'til 15, suggests to me that these will be updates. You don't do expansions if you aren't comfortable with your current userbase.

Edited by JerokTalram

That content looks way more sword and sorcery than I expect from Star Wars. Fighting a big monster in a dimensional void on floating stone platforms? Come on:( I don't remember anything like that happening in the movies, or the books. A whole universe to explore, and they keep ignoring it and making up their own stupid nonsense. Edited by Gungan

Got this PM ages ago

Available for physical or digital purchase

Increased level cap. 5 additional levels of gameplay

New planet Makeb - Explore Makeb, as the Republic and Sith Empire fight for control over this alien planet with invaluable natural resources.

First-ever Legacy Species: The Cathar. Play as the deadly, powerful, and efficient Cathar--the first-ever species obtained exclusively through the Legacy System.

Luke Skywalker's speeder from the classic Star Wars movies. This is a 2-seat speeder capable of carrying two players.

Kowakian Monkey Lizard similar to Salacious B. Crumb from the classic Star Wars movies

Ewok companion from the classic Star Wars movies

Improved Crafting System - Acquire new recipes, weapons and armor, and experience an all-new crafting system with additional levels to hone your skills.

Exclusive vanity items (special character particle effects, unique lightsaber color, etc)

Who was this "PM" from as you must be the only person to get it. I really doubt it's authenticity.

Just a few things:

Ewok Conpanion - We haven't even heard Endor mentioned yet.

Luke Skywalker speeder. Makes no sense as it's from 100s of year in the future. No mention of Skywalkers in SWTOR.

So it's either fake or a bad troll attempt and it's that although you got it "ages ago" it's posted today with known E3 details lol.

Trailer.

-New planet - Makeb (something to do with Hutts)

-From July people can play up to level 15 for free.

-New playable species Cathar (Cat heads from the Elder Scrolls series) May also mean more character slots.

-New companion HK-51 a robot

-New Operation - Terror from Beyond

-New Warzone - Ancient Hypergates

-New space combat mission

-New harcore nightmare difficulty (or something)

-New level cap!

I'd appreciate it if people could post below and Ill write here if theres anything i missed.

I'm pretty impressed that they're already talking about expanding the level cap. Furthermore, as a hardcore Star Wars fan I didn't really know what to make of the whole "Terror from Beyond" theme, it didn't really seem that much like starts.

Nevertheless, I've come to the conclusion I like it. Judging from the trailer it seem to be well done, and I've always wanted to smash some big aliens with the dark side of the force. It will be good to have something new added to the Star Wars univers, but when I heard about the title I was scared we would be fighting the yushan vong xD.

Btw: HK and Cather YEAH!

I would so love to have Luke's XP-34 landspeeder from Star Wars. It doesn't have to look EXACTLY like the one in the movie, although that would be cool, but they can make some stylistic changes to it to make it look a little bit more classy for the TOR time frame.

Oh and I thought that whole dimensional void thing with the platforms looked incredible. I'm not sure what the story is but we have a universe of lore where machines can kick you into hyperspace, which is some kind of dimensional shift or wormhole technology. We have huge creatures like Krayt dragons, and however large the Sarlacc is. We have the Ancient Empire and Rakata substories going. Who says some species didn't build a huge hyperspace chamber or something, and that there isn't some ginormous creature guarding it?

It can't all be sands of Tatooine or running around on Star Destroyers, can it?

Edited by Kubernetic