The Grind, The Grind...Aion 1.0

Cempa

Aion had a horribly balanced PvP system and it was the epicenter of ganking. I mean, the game actually showed you on your little compass minimap where enemy players were.

I'm not sure how any one could put up with it.

You're gonna have to show that to me in http://www.askmrrobot.com/ as I can not see how you can reach 1800 WP.

Actually would be nice if you can show me your optimized end-game set.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/b141268e-6540-4fcf-b710-a599ff8db457

Change WH wrist /belt to customized ones with pve armoring and pvp mod, and use rakata +112 willpower stim.

Edited by Dmasterr

Minus the mods/enhancements you already have from stock gear.

Are you telling me that those differences are GAME BREAKING? give me a break. You have in full gear 1800+willpower, 19k HP, 700 points split between power/crit rating

I have never said anything about game breaking. You wanted numbers and I gave you them.

The thing is you can not optimise your wh gear with battlemaster because there are no decent enhantments in them (no power/surge or crit/surge) just ******** of accuracy.

Why do you keep talking about willpower? You do not optimise main stat just the secondary ones.

Edited by Abukko

Grind? What grind?

And what is everyone even arguing about... sure we're all going for that little extra stat boost. But it's not THAT important. A good player will do fine without it. Want proof? Come to Swift Sure and watch me do work with my BM gear and my recruit relics and implants. :D

Sure it makes a difference... but not a huge one. I like the way it's set up cuz it doesn't feel like a grind. I get it as it comes... and looking forward to the upgrades. But I'll be just fine up until that point... not sweating it.

Grind? What grind?

And what is everyone even arguing about... sure we're all going for that little extra stat boost. But it's not THAT important. A good player will do fine without it. Want proof? Come to Swift Sure and watch me do work with my BM gear and my recruit relics and implants. :D

Sure it makes a difference... but not a huge one. I like the way it's set up cuz it doesn't feel like a grind. I get it as it comes... and looking forward to the upgrades. But I'll be just fine up until that point... not sweating it.

It does not change from the fact that it is indeed a grind and feels as such, needing to get x5 or x6 of a boot that is not even part of your set just for the mods/enhancement only to need x5 or x6 more chest/head is the definition of grind if just look at the sheer number of hours required to do so.

Time sink = no content = design crutch.

It does not change from the fact that it is indeed a grind and feels as such, needing to get x5 or x6 of a boot that is not even part of your set just for the mods/enhancement only to need x5 or x6 more chest/head is the definition of grind if just look at the sheer number of hours required to do so.

Personally... I like a grind and would like a tougher grind from this game. And what MMO doesn't have a grind?

Also, I think the amount of content for a 6 month old game isn't bad. It's enough to keep me on my 50, 2 months later and I still feel like there's things I need to do. It's all perspective though, can't keep everyone happy.

First of all i was talking about using BM mods/enhancements to optimize your gear. And that they have 2-3 stat points difference compared to their WH counterparts.

They are also CONSIDERABLE faster to acquire.

I'd like to know what BM enhancements don't have +accuracy. Oh, they all have +accuracy? Looks like WH is the ONLY way to optimize.

The whole reason people optimize with WH gear is for the +power, instead of +accuracy. And that +power instead of accuracy, is a lot greater than 1% difference.

You play an operative. You should know full well how much of a slap in the face all the +accuracy is to us. The best we can do with BM, as a DPS Op, is optimize with alacrity enhancements, for what little healing we might do.

Edited by MobiusZero

yes, please ignore all the legitimate math in the thread and continue your ranting

You really compare swtor's ezmode to Aion?

Liek you get 100-300AP for a kill and you need 1 200 000 AP just to buy a mainhand? And you get even less if your rank is higher then your enemy's? And you lose AP if you get killed in PVP. Liek you lose 15 000 AP if a Rank XX warrior kills you when you're a General. And you get around 20AP from him.

This....if you think SWTOR grind is anywhere near Aion's grind, I want whatever you are smoking

Aion had a horribly balanced PvP system and it was the epicenter of ganking. I mean, the game actually showed you on your little compass minimap where enemy players were.

I'm not sure how any one could put up with it.

No it didn't show my old lv34 assassin in hide 2/shadow walk as I jumped and kicked those lvs4x butts in Eltnen and Heiron :p

I'd like to know what BM enhancements don't have +accuracy. Oh, they all have +accuracy? Looks like WH is the ONLY way to optimize.

The whole reason people optimize with WH gear is for the +power, instead of +accuracy. And that +power instead of accuracy, is a lot greater than 1% difference.

You play an operative. You should know full well how much of a slap in the face all the +accuracy is to us. The best we can do with BM, as a DPS Op, is optimize with alacrity enhancements, for what little healing we might do.

My gear was completely optimized as a battlemaster, and It stayed optimized for each piece of war hero I got. Not all enhancements are accuracy, sorry to break a very simple truth to you, and if you needed to, you can still use rakata/campaign enhancements to make up the difference.

ATM I am sitting at 1150 expertise because the two enhancements in my weapons are campaign level. I'll replace them with War hero in due time, but stat optimization is more important than some expertise loss.

It's not a big deal to keep optimized, it's not hard, and the grind is only in place because they messed up with rated wzs and didn't get them in when they promised. If they did, the "grind" would be 3x as easy.

My gear was completely optimized as a battlemaster, and It stayed optimized for each piece of war hero I got. Not all enhancements are accuracy, sorry to break a very simple truth to you, and if you needed to, you can still use rakata/campaign enhancements to make up the difference.

All BM enhancements are +accuracy or +alacrity. And using PvE enhancements is even worse, since you lose the expertise.

Granted, if you optimized pre-1.2, you could have used Champion enhancements, but that's not possible for post-1.2 players who didn't get several champion sets to play with. And even so, I'm not sure what the difference is between the champion enhancements and the WH ones, but it's probably more than 3% difference.

All BM enhancements are +accuracy or +alacrity. And using PvE enhancements is even worse, since you lose the expertise..

Here's a hint. You don't need to only purchase gear for your class to rip the enhancements out. Check around and get the enhancements you want.

Also, using a couple PVE ones to get the surge you want is not worse. Your ideal stat optimization is far more useful than 50-100 expertise.

Here's a hint. You don't need to only purchase gear for your class to rip the enhancements out. Check around and get the enhancements you want.

I did. There are none.

Also, using a couple PVE ones to get the surge you want is not worse. Your ideal stat optimization is far more useful than 50-100 expertise.

No it isn't.

I'm sorry that you are unable to competently check all items, but they are there.

Also, the difference between 60% surge, and 75% surge is indeed worth 60 expertise. If you don't feel so, then fine. Grind the battlemaster surge or crit enhancements( which exist if you look)

I'm sorry that you are unable to competently check all items, but they are there.

Also, the difference between 60% surge, and 75% surge is indeed worth 60 expertise. If you don't feel so, then fine. Grind the battlemaster surge or crit enhancements( which exist if you look)

I would actually most gratefully admit I was wrong if you could point me to the item you are talking about!!

And hitting 75% surge doesn't require the use of PvE mods.

Trooper weapons

I just looked at them to double check, and they all have the +accuracy or +alacrity enhancement. So it looks like I was correct.

Again, find me a BM item that doesn't have a +accuracy or alacrity enhancement, and I will most gladly admit I was wrong (because I'd freaking love to find one.). Too bad there isn't...

Edited by MobiusZero

I just looked at them to double check, and they all have the +accuracy or +alacrity enhancement. So it looks like I was correct.

Again, find me a BM item that doesn't have a +accuracy or alacrity enhancement, and I will most gladly admit I was wrong (because I'd freaking love to find one.). Too bad there isn't...

Battlemaster Eliminator's Cannon

http://www.torhead.com/item/2TxcubQ/battlemaster-eliminators-cannon

That weapon doesn't exist Imp side.

In fact, now that I know about this, it pretty much is the largest advantage I have ever heard of, of one side having over the other.

Imperials should get an equivalent.

Edited by MobiusZero

In fact, now that I know about this, it pretty much is the largest advantage I have ever heard of, of one side having over the other.

i can hear the 'devs favor the republic' threads coming in droves now xD

Because having 500 surge is pro.:rolleyes: L2 DR

The WH grind is a long term goal that fits with themeparks, but it seems swtor is limited to gear grinds.

We need other long term goals, and other money/time sinks in the game.

Player housings/ seiging/crafting

multi player mini games

3d space combat

The problem is the grind is only one thing and extremely extensive, when open world pvp can help getting WH gear and other gear related to that situation, and helps to make the grind more bearable... however it would be better to introduce more tiers inbetween instead of playing for hours per day and not getting anything because of an extremely extensive grind.. but having other long term goals means getting the gear in other methods, but also spedning money on items like housing, pvp ships, guild ships/castles and siege weapons etc