A post Return of the Jedi animated show would be awesome.

gabarooni

I'm gonna say; No. Partly because I hate all the crap they do with the series after RotJ, and because it'll lead into Yuuzon Vong which Everyone hates.

I'd rather see a KOTOR series done in TCW style animation. People would like it better.

I'm gonna say; No. Partly because I hate all the crap they do with the series after RotJ, and because it'll lead into Yuuzon Vong which Everyone hates.

I'd rather see a KOTOR series done in TCW style animation. People would like it better.

Thats why I said start with Dark Nest :)

Once you get over the initial distaste to start to see that the Vong thing isn't bad. The whole Empire vs Republic thing was starting to get overdone and they needed to mix it up, but make the enemy something that could rival the new republic and Jedi. It did better than the LotF series which had so much potential yet failed at key dramatic points and lost sight of what the storyline should have been - The cyclical course of history.

This^ I don't mind the Vong.

I can see why people don't like the Vong though, they are an oddity but I believe things needed to be mixed up. It was always Jedi Vs. Sith and there is more to Star Wars then just the Jedi and the Sith, more than just the Republic and the Empire.

I'm a strong supporter of the vong, next to Bane, Exar Kun, Revan and Thrawn, they are my favorite villains / enemies of the republic. After saying that a post return of the jedi animated show WOULD be awesome. I already watch the clone wars animated series. Although a bit childish at times, its still a good show and its fun see how things will play out.

Preferably because I like the vong so much, I would like a NJO series, similar to the clone wars tv series. While it wont play the biggest roles in the war it will still highlight other major and minor events. I would also like to see Jaina be a major role in this series.

personaly i'd like a tv series because about them well..

Let's also remember the time the Vong were published in, It'd been jedi vs sith, or rebels vs the empire/republic vs the empire for 20 years or so. Till the X-wing books it was all about legitimizing the rebel movement. After that it was all about saving the Solo kids from kidnappers(and apart from a few books, that' basically the focus until young Jedi knights), then Tymothy Zanh did his pop out of nowhere and wrote a book to get luke/mara married.

Then We had the Vong. No longer Han/Leia followed the same discussion/arc about saving or protecting their kids, no longer was Luke Skywalker was able to save the day. The Vong broke Han, and then broke both Han and Leia, you saw for the first time a series where they do not deal with Kidnappers but deal with Loss of their ffriends and kids, you saw most of the order on the fall of falling, you saw the Jedi rig elections. Sure, the Vong could have been made more believable, but they left us a series with possibly more character development then the last 20 years in the Eu.

personaly i'd like a tv series because about them well..

Let's also remember the time the Vong were published in, It'd been jedi vs sith, or rebels vs the empire/republic vs the empire for 20 years or so. Till the X-wing books it was all about legitimizing the rebel movement. After that it was all about saving the Solo kids from kidnappers(and apart from a few books, that' basically the focus until young Jedi knights), then Tymothy Zanh did his pop out of nowhere and wrote a book to get luke/mara married.

Then We had the Vong. No longer Han/Leia followed the same discussion/arc about saving or protecting their kids, no longer was Luke Skywalker was able to save the day. The Vong broke Han, and then broke both Han and Leia, you saw for the first time a series where they do not deal with Kidnappers but deal with Loss of their ffriends and kids, you saw most of the order on the fall of falling, you saw the Jedi rig elections. Sure, the Vong could have been made more believable, but they left us a series with possibly more character development then the last 20 years in the Eu.

i think that is the main problem with ppl and the vong. starwars has always been a feel good read, the hero always wins the end. the bad guy either turns or disappears. the vong thing was too long with too many bad things happening, with too few good guy victory's. which is fine mixes thing up a bit, but its not what starwars fans were expecting. (or at least that is my take on why all the hate exists)

sorry thats kinda off topic :(

Edited by grandmthethird

I love the fact that the NJO broke down Han to a human standard, killed anakin (though I do love em), took out chewie , proving that no character is untouchable and that an invasion or war with any type of empire or religious zealots, should not be casualty free. Hell their were moments where I thought they were going to Kill mara, wedge, even leia at one point. Those books had me on the edge reading them. In then end they were an explosive amount of character development, story, new star wars canon. (and yes some of this is basically agreeing with one of the above posters)

NJO was a breath of fresh air where no other creative mind dared to go back then.

I'd love to see a CGI Series set in the Old Republic Era, the post-ROTJ Era and the Dark Times, between EP3 and EP4.

On a Side note, why are the animated series, such as the Clone Wars TV Series, not made in the CGI Quality that is in the SWTOR Trailers of Deceived, Return, Hope etc.?

I would totally pay to go see a movie made in the SW Universe with that quality.

I'd love to see a CGI Series set in the Old Republic Era, the post-ROTJ Era and the Dark Times, between EP3 and EP4.

On a Side note, why are the animated series, such as the Clone Wars TV Series, not made in the CGI Quality that is in the SWTOR Trailers of Deceived, Return, Hope etc.?

I would totally pay to go see a movie made in the SW Universe with that quality.

I belive the type of animation you saw in the trailers is very very expensive and time consuming to just do a few minutes worth of film. I think were still a good decade away from seeing this type of quality for any type of animated series.

I love the fact that the NJO broke down Han to a human standard, killed anakin (though I do love em), took out chewie , proving that no character is untouchable and that an invasion or war with any type of empire or religious zealots, should not be casualty free. Hell their were moments where I thought they were going to Kill mara, wedge, even leia at one point. Those books had me on the edge reading them. In then end they were an explosive amount of character development, story, new star wars canon. (and yes some of this is basically agreeing with one of the above posters)

NJO was a breath of fresh air where no other creative mind dared to go back then.

What you loved about NJO I hated. I don't like the "Anyone can die!" style of writing in my Star Wars. Star Wars is science fantasy and a modern day fairy tale for the most part. It is primarily a story about space wizards. NJO felt out of place, it felt too dark, and the 'Vong were well... Silly.

Lets face it... The 'Vong were super-religious ritualistically scarred anti-technology Klingons and the whole, "They don't exist in the Force!" (Dun dun dun!) thing was a bit contrived and nonsensical.

The biggest mistakes in NJO were:

1. Killing Chewbacca.

2. Killing Anakin Solo.

3. Vergere... Just... Vergere.

I always love how people SAY they want POST RotJ movies and tv shows. They always seem to think what they will get is just their favorite books or comics made into tv shows or movies. When did Lucas ever give the impression that he follows the EU stuff?

If they did make a new post RotJ tv show or movie it wouldn't have anything to do with the current EU stuff. It would most defiantly be something completely different and end up pissing all the fans off. Just look at what the Clone Wars series has done to the EU stuff.

I always love how people SAY they want POST RotJ movies and tv shows. They always seem to think what they will get is just their favorite books or comics made into tv shows or movies. When did Lucas ever give the impression that he follows the EU stuff?

If they did make a new post RotJ tv show or movie it wouldn't have anything to do with the current EU stuff. It would most defiantly be something completely different and end up pissing all the fans off. Just look at what the Clone Wars series has done to the EU stuff.

i don't think any1 expects their favorite EU bock to be televised, but there is nothing wrong with a bit of wishful thinking

Despite what people might think of the clone wars, I love the animation style of the CG (it's gotten a LOT better over the years). I always wanted a tv show dedicated to what happened after episode 6. We pretty much all know what the hell happened during the prequels and in between the movies, thanks to books and all that. Granted, there are an assload of books and comics for everything after EP6, it'd still be nice to see it in action.

I like the fact chewie, and anakin died. (Don't get me wrong I wish it was jacen instead of anakin) I like the whole dark setting of NJO. it may be a fairy tale of "space wizards" but I want to know the writers of my all time favorite sci-fi epic are willing to ill of beloved characters. Vergere didn't bother me to much. She had some interested views of the force. She added a whole bit of mystery to it.

If not an animated based series on NJO, I would also enjoy Legacy or Thrawns Era

I like the fact chewie, and anakin died. (Don't get me wrong I wish it was jacen instead of anakin) I like the whole dark setting of NJO. it may be a fairy tale of "space wizards" but I want to know the writers of my all time favorite sci-fi epic are willing to ill of beloved characters. Vergere didn't bother me to much. She had some interested views of the force. She added a whole bit of mystery to it.

If not an animated based series on NJO, I would also enjoy Legacy or Thrawns Era

I'd rather see something post FotJ. I think the interaction between Luke and Ben and Leia, Han, and Allanna, would be far more marketable as well.

For adults it would have the nostalgia factor of Luke, Leia, and Han.

For kids it would have Ben Skywalker - The boy learning to be a Jedi - which is easy for them to relate to or imagine themselves as. Then there is Allanna, and she's a secret Princess... And kids like princesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.