Fix this ONE thing and I'll be happy for now

stendarrs

Sound...that's it.

Why is it that after 1.2 myself and everyone else has to alt-f4 out of an op at least 2 or 3 times because the sound drops out?? Why should it be an acceptable bug to lose sound and play in complete silence when one of the things that the developer is most proud of is the sound? All that voice acting...yeah....I can't hear it because the sound crapped out.....again. Every patch I eagerly await the news that the sound is fixed and it never comes. It's now basically as acceptable as having to go to the bathroom. "Okay, let's break here so everyone whose sound has crapped out can restart the game". Right now TOR is really setting a new bar for disappointment. I almost feel bad for future games, I don't think they'll ever be able to reach this level of disappointment :confused:

Sound...that's it.

Why is it that after 1.2 myself and everyone else has to alt-f4 out of an op at least 2 or 3 times because the sound drops out?? Why should it be an acceptable bug to lose sound and play in complete silence when one of the things that the developer is most proud of is the sound? All that voice acting...yeah....I can't hear it because the sound crapped out.....again. Every patch I eagerly await the news that the sound is fixed and it never comes. It's now basically as acceptable as having to go to the bathroom. "Okay, let's break here so everyone whose sound has crapped out can restart the game". Right now TOR is really setting a new bar for disappointment. I almost feel bad for future games, I don't think they'll ever be able to reach this level of disappointment :confused:

I love the music in this game and, now that I don't hear it much anymore, i miss it...(except for the cantina music...)

Sound...that's it.

Saying "everyone else" is false, I have never had the issue of which you speak any where within the game (pvp, FPs, zones, OPs) ever. My GF, my buddy and his GF have also never had this problem (4 different installs, 4 different sets of hardwarem 2 of them are on XP still ...)

Trying updating your drivers?

As it would seem like its just his pc, no it also happens to me and many friends, sure not everyone but enough to cause attention, I have tried updating and re installing my drivers multiple times but nothing fixes it, and if it were my pc that was the problem why did this start happening after 1.2? Edited by biRdyxLoCo

There is already an 80+ page thread on the sound issue in the Customer Service forum. I have it happen to me quite often. I notice it more during a Civil War warzone where suddenly all I can hear is artificially created static. It is really bad on my ship after that. I can't do quests and hope to hear the voices much at all. It will work for some speech but not for all. It is rather frustrating and I am honestly surprised that this isn't one of the top priorities for them to fix bug wise.

There is already an 80+ page thread on the sound issue in the Customer Service forum. I have it happen to me quite often. I notice it more during a Civil War warzone where suddenly all I can hear is artificially created static. It is really bad on my ship after that. I can't do quests and hope to hear the voices much at all. It will work for some speech but not for all. It is rather frustrating and I am honestly surprised that this isn't one of the top priorities for them to fix bug wise.

Yes, it's pretty bad in WZ's too. If I'm lucky I'll make it through 2 or 3 before the sound craps out and just random bobbles and clicks come out of the speakers. This isn't a driver issue with my computer. There's not a single person I play with that doesn't get the "sound bug" every time we raid or PvP. If someone doesn't get the bug then I guess I'm jealous. But, this is a real issue for a large population of the small population that's left playing the game. I guess who really cares though because there's neat new legacy stuff on the way.....SOOOOON. Am I the only one that ever gets the feeling I'm at a carnival and some guy with a cane and tophat is saying "step right up and see the most amazing thing in the world for the small price of only 60 dollars and 15 dollars a month" ? I'll save you the suspense, when you walk in the tent it's not very amazing.

I've had the same problem as the Op, except namely doing FP or in cut scenes. All the time now I'll be doing them and the character on screen won't have their mouth move and the sound is cut out, every once in a while they get a line in then it's silence again. It's not an issue of sound drivers, it's an issue of them breaking something yet again from a patch.

After 6 weeks of the sound bug, this is the best we could get:

Since 1.2, we have been monitoring the threads about sound issues carefully. However, the problem is not isolated to one or even a few individual bugs. Rather, there have been multiple (sometimes overlapping) problems - some with similar symptoms. Thus far, we’ve been able to address several of the prominent issues like the “jet engine” and other loud noise on the fleet (1.2.0c, 1.2.1 ) and sounds stacking when getting multiple PvP medals (1.2.2), and we haven’t stopped working on fixes for other issues that you’re seeing, such as sound that “crackles” or losing sound gradually and/or randomly.

Your reports surrounding issues are always helpful when they’re ongoing and/or complex (and when they’re not!), so please don’t hesitate to add information and details to existing threads if you are seeing problems. Thanks for all of the details and information you’ve already given! o/’’\o

Basically the Devs do not know what they are doing or how to fix it. This is why it has taken 6 weeks with only very minor "fixes". The issue did not exist before 1.2, but they will spin it as much as they can do buy time to actually fix it.

After 6 weeks of the sound bug, this is the best we could get:

Basically the Devs do not know what they are doing or how to fix it. This is why it has taken 6 weeks with only very minor "fixes". The issue did not exist before 1.2, but they will spin it as much as they can do buy time to actually fix it.

Seeing as you know more then the developers tell us how to fix it

Sound...that's it.

Delete your W T F folder.

Edited by metalgearyoda

EA outsources the code-monkeys overseas. I expect poor quality from this kind of an operation. Remember when someone accidentally over-wrote large parts of patch data and it had to be reverted? Oops!

Remember when the sound problems seemed to be mostly resolved before 1.2? Now it seems like all of the problems have come back with a vengeance and are multiplying! It's not even a top priority right now. The transfer system is supposed to magically fix the steadily declining server population, but it won't unless issues around guild transfers & character/legacy names are addressed. Even then, there are a lot of big problems with the game engine itself. In hindsight, it's looking like they might have been better off starting from scratch instead of using the Zero engine.

EA executives have seen the writing on the wall and are already preparing investors for another big drop in subscription numbers by downplaying the importance of this game's success in the 'overall portfolio' of brands. I think the poor decision to use the Hero engine is at the root of most of this game's woes, and it's unlikely to have any major effort to fix everything. Maybe in 2013 the game will be in a better place.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.