Xalek

DragonAgeOrgins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG2jEWfBaHo&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JszOKNbw1XE&feature=youtu.be

These are some short one minute video of our convos. I feel this companion sometimes get's over shadowed by Zash or Khelm. Yes he your loyal supportive person who you must train. He has never dis obeyed and reminds me of myself when I was first starting out.

What do you think of Xalek?

I hate him. :D

Personality-wise, definitely not the type of person I'd want for an apprentice, and usefullness-wise, well, pretty useless to a tank assassin synthweaver.

"One day the servant will be the master."

Yeah, right. I really hope he tries someday, and that BW gives us the option to get rid of him.

I don't like him for the fact of how late you get him and how his personality is. He seems like an afterthought. Like they realized, "Oops, we need one more companion for the SI." If they put a companion that late in the game, they really need it to be someone with a stronger story IMO. Right now I just feel so "meh" towards him because I'm already done with my main storyline and his first few interactions have been like talking to a rock.

I really liked Xalek when I first got him. He's quiet, loyal, and bascially just wants to get out there and kick some butt. I wish they'd developed him a bit more also, but as far as a sidekick goes, I think he's incredibly laidback and wants to take over the Galaxy. I kept calling him "Xanax" when I first got him... so that's been an inside joke with my friends. :p

My favorite companion will always be Khem tho. I just love his personality and his dry sense of humor. And the fact he starts out despising you and always wanting to eat you and consume your sou... only later to genuinely like, respect, and want to go into battle to eat & consumer your enemies souls! Haha.

Xalek is much less useful for endgame content than he is for leveling. Don't get me wrong, it's great to have a 2nd tank who I can actually give my old gear to (it makes him the EASIEST SI companion to gear) but I have Khem as a tank and Ashara does better dps. If you're a tanksassin I'd for for Revel, if you're a DPS assassin/sorc I'd go for Talos or Khem, if you're a healer sorc I'd go for Ash/Revel.

It is nice that Xalek is so easy to gear though.

I love Xalek as my tank. Easy to gear especially as i am a Synthweaver. He holds aggro really well and when i want him to taunt off a mob from me, its never fails to do so unlike Khem.

I love Ashara as my main dps companion, she just kicks major tail. Andronikos isn't that bad but annoying to gear.

Talos is useless to me as a healing spec sorc :) good for those crafting missions though.

Khem's problem is he simply dies too fast for my tastes and his taunt fails like half the time it seems. Love the attitude he gives in cutscenes though :)

Xalek is much less useful for endgame content than he is for leveling. Don't get me wrong, it's great to have a 2nd tank who I can actually give my old gear to (it makes him the EASIEST SI companion to gear) but I have Khem as a tank and Ashara does better dps. If you're a tanksassin I'd for for Revel, if you're a DPS assassin/sorc I'd go for Talos or Khem, if you're a healer sorc I'd go for Ash/Revel.

It is nice that Xalek is so easy to gear though.

Dunno about Assassins, but now that his shield bug's fixed, Xalek's probably the best companion for DPS sorcs. His range-closers and target switching happens a lot faster than Khem's. Because he's always on a target and never between, he holds threat better than Khem, I've found.