So War Hero Gear...

thetrenentss

Hey guys..

Im full battlemaster geared deception assassin and looking at starting to compile my war hero set.. i already purchased the main hand weapon as most of the abilities are weapon damage based i believe... so now id like to know where do i go from here? do i start uprgading the pieces that will provide the most +power or any other particular stat? the upgrades seem kind of minute in the scale of things just looking for some peoples prefrences on what the swapped out first...

thanks

Optimize your BM gear with those comms first, in my opinion. Some of the WH pieces for some classes have nice default stats, but the expertise gain is hardly noticeable. Especially for an Assassin, just pull out +power enhancements from other BM pieces.

Weapon, offhand, robe, boots, and Sorc class earring are pretty solid upgrades. It'll bring your accuracy to somewhere around 107% but that's still more than enough to hit just about anyone. After that you may actually think about how much accuracy you want to give up, and also all the other slots at this point come with accuracy on WH gear so you'd need extra resources if you want to drop accuracy (i.e. get WH gloves, then get WH robe to rip out mods. This is obviously very expensive in commendations).

Get your focus, its a +31 expertise gain and a decent bonus to your damage. After that, get whatever gives you the best stat increases for the comms.

Something to consider is that some of the Sorceror implants and earpiece may actually have better stats for DPS Sins than the WH stalker ones. If I remember correctly you don't need to trade in the BM ones for implants and the earpiece. So Im looking into maybe getting the Sorc ones myself when I come to it.

I am 6/6 on augmented WH gear but it took me a good month to get this done. I would get boots then a set of sorc gloves they have power/surge mods that you need. Get the sorcs ear chip as well and there offhand.

Is it feasable pulling out their Bmaster mods and replacing the excess acc/crit/surge with bmaster power mods/ enchanments as i gear up and eventually swap them out for rating 61 mods etc with power?

No, because WH robe/boot have the best mods in the game so you're wasting your time. You can just get extra WH robe/boot and pull out their mods. This takes a VERY LONG time, though.

I am 6/6 on augmented WH gear but it took me a good month to get this done. I would get boots then a set of sorc gloves they have power/surge mods that you need. Get the sorcs ear chip as well and there offhand.

Also get the sorc mainhand.

No, because WH robe/boot have the best mods in the game so you're wasting your time. You can just get extra WH robe/boot and pull out their mods. This takes a VERY LONG time, though.

I will go ahead and disagree with you on this one. The force mystic WH have the best mods they are power surge. Power is what you want, its the cheapest piece at 2k compared to 2450? I think for the robe and boots. My surge is capped at 78% and my power is up to 600 now.

I will go ahead and disagree with you on this one. The force mystic WH have the best mods they are power surge. Power is what you want, its the cheapest piece at 2k compared to 2450? I think for the robe and boots. My surge is capped at 78% and my power is up to 600 now.

Eh, for the effort vs. benefit, I don't think trying to get WH Mods/Enhancements are worth it. I am in 3 piece augmented gear (not BM yet on this toon) and once I get WH Earpiece and Implants (Power/Surge and Power/Acc) I will be at 23% Crit, 700 Power, and 75% Surge.

I found that optimized BM gear with BM Mods/Enhancements together with WH Earpiece/Implants is enough to be at around 90% as effective as full Optimized WH gear. Also, it takes about 1/10th of the time required.

Just my 2 cents.

Eh, for the effort vs. benefit, I don't think trying to get WH Mods/Enhancements are worth it. I am in 3 piece augmented gear (not BM yet on this toon) and once I get WH Earpiece and Implants (Power/Surge and Power/Acc) I will be at 23% Crit, 700 Power, and 75% Surge.

I found that optimized BM gear with BM Mods/Enhancements together with WH Earpiece/Implants is enough to be at around 90% as effective as full Optimized WH gear. Also, it takes about 1/10th of the time required.

Just my 2 cents.

No arguments on the time factor. I as well have the power/surge ear clip. I have bought 2 of the FM gloves already but probably getting the belt I think its a +20ish power increase but I don't know if they throw give us a better time frame for ranked I may start working on other pieces. I just want more power without using the power augments I feel the end/willpower augment works better with power stat in general. Since I am sitting at the cap for surge I may try using power augments but we shall see.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.