The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

elliotcat

Prompt: What If?

Title: The New Wrath

Characters: Varrel Umrahiel (Sith Marauder), Quinn, Vette, Jaesa

Spoilers for SW story chapters 2 and 3. Also possibly the JK story, though I'm only familiar with that through forum spoilers and hints gleaned from the TOR Revan book. Set at the opening to SW chapter 3.

Quick Note: “Xathras”, mentioned twice here in passing, is my friend’s Pureblood Sith Inquisitor. We played these characters together as colleagues/allies, so that’s why I included him.

I finally figured out why I like alternate universes... I already loved all of your universes and now we have two or more of them. :D Very nice, it was enough to make me a little clausterphobic through some of that description.

SW ch 3 spoiler comments

If you take Jaesa with you to the "incident" Quinn will say something about living in fear that she would use her powers on him. More than killing Quinn, I wished there was an option to kill her right then. ahh well.

Characters: Varrel Umrahiel (Sith Marauder), Quinn, Vette, Jaesa

Spoilers for SW story chapters 2 and 3. Also possibly the JK story, though I'm only familiar with that through forum spoilers and hints gleaned from the TOR Revan book. Set at the opening to SW chapter 3.

Buh. This is a terrible, wonderful possibility.

Holy crap that was fantastic. But I need to stop reading SW stories. I always think I know what's going on, but not having played I'm missing nuances. Wow. I need to go off and think on that. I've never really thought about Jaesa before...

What's In a Name?

Zenith and Tess'iri

Spoilers for the result of JC Balmorra and some Zenith companion quests.

She was lying warm beside him, her back to him and her face tucked into her arm. Her mask lay on the table beside the bed, facing him. The bone planes shadowed and red jewels twinkled in the low light. He took it off her with everything else when they were together. She had protested at first, but he had held true to what he had told her in that stinking factory on Quesh. She would never have to hide her face from him.

He had unbound her hair hours ago so he could run his hands through it. The dark brunette strands were always twisted and pinned when she faced the world as Jedi Barsen'thor. He liked to brush it for her then watch her hands follow familiar movements to put it all back in place. She never faltered or hesitated. Nor did she ever falter or hesitate with him.

Since the first kiss after Quesh she'd allowed him to lead and set the pace though she met him as equals every time he came to her. She never pushed, never manipulated but she never asked either. He wanted her to ask him sometimes.

He knew why. Right after coming off Balmorra, when all he knew her as was the Jedi who killed Darth Lachris and saved his world, she asked his name. Not his moniker. She wanted to know his name. Had she felt something, even back then?

He'd declined, even attempted to make a joke. Just Zenith. It was shorter anyway. She had accepted his answer outright and never asked him again. It was the name she used when she called him in battle and in bed.

It had been a long time since he'd heard his name out loud. The last time it had been from his mother's lips as she died. He'd been young and it had been what drove him to the resistance. He'd given them another Balmorran name when he'd signed up. They knew it was a lie, but they accepted. Everyone had their reasons for being there, for wanting to see the Empire dead and broken on their lands. It was Grey Star who a few years later had given him his moniker.

Zenith. It meant the apex, the highest point. That's what he had been to Grey Star, the highest point of the resistance. Before his disappearance, before the Imperial Agent who infiltrated the resistance, Grey Star had told him that he would be the one to see the fall of the Empire on Balmorra. Then everyone else would see him as the Zenith as well.

Grey Star had known.

Tess'iri shifted beside him and he could feel her come awake all at once. She let out a gentle sigh as he touched her back.

“I wake you?”

“Your thoughts are loud and heavy,” she murmured. She turned to him, wrapped an arm around his midsection and threaded her leg through his. She rested her cheek on his chest and counted his heart beats in her head. “Do you want to talk?”

He stroked her back and stared at the ceiling, marveling at the woman who allowed him to share her bed. No demands, no questions of what he'd been thinking. Just the simple question. Did he want to talk?

No. But he would. He would talk to her.

“You asked my name once. I didn't give it to you.” His other hand came up to smooth the hair away from her face. Her body shifted again, becoming more alert. She raised her chin as though she was looking up at him.

“You gave me what you wanted me to know,” she answered. “And I'm alright with that.”

She was amazing.

“Haven't told anyone. Not even Grey Star. My secret I guess.”

Tess lay silent against him, her fingers making gentle patterns of nonsense across his skin. It was soothing.

“Parents died when I was young. Separate Imperial attacks, two years apart. Mother went last.”

“I'm so sorry, Zenith.”

“Missed her fiercely. Gave the Resistance my father's name until Grey Star trained me. Grey Star named me.”

“His highest point.” He heard the smile in her voice. “My highest point,” she whispered.

He was deeply touched.

“Am who I am now. No regrets,” he murmured, running the flat of his hand down the curve of her spine.

“No reason to have them,” she answered.

“I love you.”

He felt her tense momentarily, the surprise articulated in the bunching of muscle and the sudden stillness of her hands. She raised herself up on her arms and turned her face away. He reached out and caught her chin, gently pulling her back to him.

“Sometimes I wish I had eyes so you could look into them,” she said quietly.

“I know what I'd see.”

“You do?”

“You love me as well.”

“Yes.”

He moved toward her and she thought he was going to kiss her, but he skimmed his lips along her cheek until his mouth was next to her ear. He breathed two words to her he hadn't said or heard in twenty years. Their secret now. Something else to share with her.

She bit her lip and took his face in her hands. This time she came to him. This time, her body asked for his.

Author's note:

So, much to my heart break Zenith is not the love interest for female JC. I guess this story has a touch of What If and Firsts in it too. I was really glad to see What's In a Name extended to this week because this was the first idea I had wanted to write, but I wasn't getting it right last week. It's not spectacular now. I've realized that I'm not good at description the way some people are, I'm better at inner monologuing for characters which is why I was always great at play by post rpgs. I've made a point to to start working on my descriptions in the future.

Holy crap that was fantastic. But I need to stop reading SW stories. I always think I know what's going on, but not having played I'm missing nuances. Wow. I need to go off and think on that. I've never really thought about Jaesa before...

Really really nice, Morgani. JC's get little love, literally! Nice to see it.

What's In a Name?

Zenith and Tess'iri

Beautfiul Morgani :) I'm heavily leaning toward finally getting my JC past chapter 1 so I can meet this Zenith guy.

First

This is my Assassin Rateah, no spoilers.

My First Instinct

Rateah sat quietly at the end of the table, her face had been branded not three days prior, her eyes, eyelids and temples as well as a large circle on her white forehead, they had started to scab and they itched terribly, her face still throbbed with pain. She had been fitted with a new slave collar, yet despite these things, she was dressed in a soft red velvet dress that stopped at the knees, the crinoline made it flare out, he liked dressing her as a child. He called her his porcelain doll, thanks to the absence of pigment in her skin and her small slight frame. She was sixteen but she still had a boys body, with almost no curve to her hips nor buds on her chest coupled with her harsh black tattoos and a bald head, most would have never guessed she was a girl. One of the other house hold slaves served her meal, she finally looked up at him, her owner. She had last seen him holding the red hot brand before her world had gone black from the pain.

“It was foolish to run, you must rise above your baser instincts, you are not an animal Rateah.” Lord Kaervrek lectured calmly.

It had been instinct that led her to run, after so many months trapped in his estate, he had removed her collar to test her, and her first impulse had been to run as far and as fast as her legs could carry her. She had failed that test, and she would bear the markings of that failure for the rest of her life. It had been foolish she silently conceded the point.

“When your burns heal, I plan on sending you to Korriban, under my protection of course and free, I would like you to be trained as a Sith. If you act like a wild animal, you will be cut down as such. Use your head Rateah, you are smarter than this.” He paused, “Nurture your anger and hatred towards me, it will serve you well.” He took another bite of his rare meat, it dripped with blood.

Rateah listened this time, she seethed but for the first time since he had taken her she listened to his words. She cut her own piece of meat, as rare as her masters, she vowed to kill him, but instead of taking her steak knife and diving across the table at him she would wait. The Rattataki were a warrior race, but she was being taught the art of subtlety and charm, it was odd, she had always acted on impulse, it was second nature, and rebelling from that was difficult. The steak juices ran down her chin and she wiped it off using her hand, she looked at the red streak on her white skin. She looked back up at him and against every impulse and instinct in her body that wanted to hurl vitriol and venom at him, curse and scream and rip at his eyes so that he could feel what she felt every time she blinked, instead of obeying her first instincts she smiled sweetly and said “Yes Master.”

Kaervrek chuckled lowly, his pet was finally learning.

What's In a Name?

Author's note:

So, much to my heart break Zenith is not the love interest for female JC. I guess this story has a touch of What If and Firsts in it too. I was really glad to see What's In a Name extended to this week because this was the first idea I had wanted to write, but I wasn't getting it right last week. It's not spectacular now. I've realized that I'm not good at description the way some people are, I'm better at inner monologuing for characters which is why I was always great at play by post rpgs. I've made a point to to start working on my descriptions in the future.

Not spectacular my foot. That was emotional and touching. Description isn't all about flowing purple prose that cavorts through fields of daisies smelling of jasmine - it's about giving just enough away to get the reaction you want without bogging down the reader or your characters.

Morgani, I LOVED this!! Oh this is going to be another non-LI that's going to drive me nuts, I can just see it now. Argh argh and argh.

(Edit: I love how straightforward and sure he comes across as. And how accepting your JC is. She doesn't come across as passive, but rather very confident. Had to add that :))

I find it intriguing that there's a bunch of SI stories in this Firsts prompt. Lot of interesting backstories there.

Edited by iamthehoyden

What's In a Name?

Zenith and Tess'iri

Author's note:

Buh. Gorgeous.

If you're curious about some in-detail reactions: The short, striking turns - simple assertion one, simple assertion two - really shine here. Like here:

Just the simple question. Did he want to talk?

No. But he would. He would talk to her.

Or the spoken word/responding thought:

“You gave me what you wanted me to know,” she answered. “And I'm alright with that.”

She was amazing.

Also, damn right you're strong with the internal monologue. I am dying to know more about this plain, direct, much-understanding man.

He felt her tense momentarily, the surprise articulated in the bunching of muscle and the sudden stillness of her hands.

This, shortly after the motions of her hands were mentioned, was very very good.

And the last two paragraphs say exactly what they need to.

(BAM. Have some unsolicited commentary.)

I'm just entirely happy with this story. :)

@Striges, I loved your story! Beautifully written and rather scary (DS Jaesa scares the heck out of me) and her as the Wrath would just be terrifying. Nice job on this!:)

@Morgani, as usual an excelent story! The JC is starting to pick up in Act 2 and I just met Zenith. I wish we could romance him in game! The way you have described him as made him all the better... Fantastic job!:D

You guys make me feel so great. I feel a lot a of pressure to measure up to all the authors here who are fantastic. Your excellent writing makes me want to be better so I can entertain you they way you all entertain me. I was afraid the story would be a little too saccharine for Zenith fans. But I see that softness under the anger and paranoia.

Especially in his very last companion quest where he tells the JC he trusts them. That has to be the hardest thing for him to admit. After a life time of lying and sneaking and fighting there's a person in his life that he can fall back on. Tingles, right here.

Iamthehoyden: I'm glad you picked up on Tess's quiet strength. She is a Jedi after all. I think she/I prefer Zenith to Iresso because he's straightforward and uncomplicated. I didn't do Iresso's romance though so I don't know if Felix gets interesting or not.

Bright_: Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad I could use my writing strengths make you feel something. I do wish I could tell a flourishing tale like Striges, but I'm going to work on that. It didn't really fit in this story.

Earthmama: I don't want your story to get lost! The SI beginning always struck me as 'Empire discovers new talent, sends away for training.' Your idea that the SI is sent to Korriban to strengthen the power base of another is intriguing. (Another Sith? I didn't pick that up.) She's still a slave, despite the awesome power she wields. And Harkun doing his level best to remind her of that through her training takes on a whole new meaning. Awesome. Hopefully there's more you'll tell us!

What If:

What if I wrote something that didn't have Lord Scourge in it. I looked at the index by character... I need a twelve step program or something.

SW Ch3 Incident spoilers... and Vette companion storyline spoilerish.

Vette lay on the floor of the cargo bay, she had not moved or eaten in days. Occasionally someone would give her a shot of kolto, just enough to keep her alive. She did not know who, her eyes were swollen shut and she could only smell her own blood.

She did not know they were together, she did not know she loved him. They had hidden it so well that even she, notorious snoop, curious manka, pestering busybody, did not know Lord Ninka was in love with Captain Quinn.

She had spied on him, not because she suspected but because it annoyed him. He always jumped when she popped up behind him and yelled when she pestered him about his past. It was routine to try to find out something he did not want her to know, but he was always too careful. This time he made a mistake.

She heard him talking to someone in the next room she put on her earpiece. She used it for breaking into vaults and finding a false walls, with it she could hear the Captain speaking to Darth Baras.

“The time has come, Quinn. Eliminate my former apprentice before she gets to Corellia.”

“Yes, my lord. It will be done.” The Captain replied instantly.

“Contact me when you are through.”

That was all, but it was enough. Vette panicked, and ran to find Lord Ninka. She ran directly into Quinn.

“Overhear something?” The Captain asked mildly, she felt a sting as he injected her arm. “That’s the problem with you Vette, you’re always oversleeping, never around to help.” He said mockingly as the darkness closed in on her, “Here, let me help you back to your room.”

When Vette woke up Lord Ninka, Pierce, and Quinn were gone. She checked the bridge. They were docked with a transponder station and she could see where they were heading. Her head was still fuzzy from the sedative, she could not think, could not plan, and those were never her strong points anyway. She grabbed her gear and ran for the exit. She could get to Quinn before Lord Ninka walked into his trap.

She crawled through a warren of air ducts, disabling security lasers, sliding under the blades of ventilation fans. She burst into the control room. The Captain stood with his back to the door, ever the showman. He turned to see her jumping from a vent in the wall, she would remember the look on his face for a long time.

She loved to banter with the Captain, to tease him, make him furious, but that was something she did with friends. She pulled both her blasters and gunned him down before he could open his mouth, his hands twitched at his datapad trying to call in whatever backup he had planned. She shot that too.

The door opened, Lord Ninka saw her with smoking blasters and smoking Captain. The scream of pure rage was the last thing she remembered.

When she woke she wore a new slave collar, the old one had been discarded the moment Lord Ninka was able, now the new one had a much higher setting. She cried, begged, tried to explain. Her adopted sister, the woman who had become family, would not listen and could not believe.

Vette woke again, someone carried her in a place that was warm.

“My lord sold you to a Hutt Vette, I’m sorry.” Pierce said.

“He was the traitor, Pierce.” She whimpered, “You have to tell her.”

“I believe you, but she loved him.” He set her down against a wall, probably in a slave pen, “More than either of us knew.” He knelt in front of her, she only knew because his massive frame blocked the light. “Baras is still after her, I can’t leave her now. What he’s doing is bigger than all of us. Hold on a bit, I’ll come back for you when my lord won’t skin us both for it.”

“Promise?” she asked, unable to open her eyes to see if he was lying, but Pierce never lied, unlike some people.

“I promise, Vette.” He answered squeezing her hand, “Thank you for saving her from him.” Then he left. She held on to the thought, Lord Ninka may hate her, but she saved her from Quinn. It was worth it. She repeated to herself as she cried.

People gathered around her, coming to inspect the new girl. She still could not see, she could only hear them shuffling around her, then a new person pushed the crowd aside and gathered her into soft warm arms.

A voice from her past, one that she only remembered remembering, whispered in disbelief, “Ce’na?” the voice asked.

“Mama?” Vette replied automatically.

She was answered by a tight embrace. Vette let herself relax in those arms. It was worth it.

Edited by kabeone

What If:

What if I wrote something that didn't have Lord Scourge in it. I looked at the index by character... I need a twelve step program or something.

Awwww!!!! Poor Vette :(

(And I hear you on the twelve step program. It got to the point that Bright stopped listed Scourge with my Esma stories - was just assumed ;) )

Awwww!!!! Poor Vette :(

(And I hear you on the twelve step program. It got to the point that Bright stopped listed Scourge with my Esma stories - was just assumed ;) )

Yeah... it was the Scourge until further notice that tipped me off :D

What If:

Very cool what-if with a very unexpected ending.

Yeah... it was the Scourge until further notice that tipped me off :D

There are three people on this thread who have earned the "X companion until further notice" distinction, and those are Esma, Remi, and Ruth. :rolleyes: Miriah got perilously close with Corso, but Mags mixes it up a lot more than, um. Some.

Edited by bright_ephemera

Very cool what-if with a very unexpected ending.

There are three people on this thread who have earned the "X companion until further notice" distinction, and those are Esma, Remi, and Ruth. :rolleyes: Miriah got perilously close with Corso, but Mags mixes it up a lot more than, um. Some.

It's me isn't it. :(

Playing catch-up

What's In a Name?

Zenith and Tess'iri

Everyone's right; this was very sweet and touching. I get a real sense of both characters. And people have different strengths--I'm not very good at having my characters show emotion in this way. The closest I got was a dialog between Vector and my agent. It was wrenching for me to write and I don't know that I pulled it off all that well. Certainly not as well as yours.

First

This is my Assassin Rateah, no spoilers.

My First Instinct

I like this background. As an aside, I love how, despite the generic beginning of the SI story, no one here has a SI who was just rounded up, randomly tested because the Empire needs every Force-user they can find, and sent to Korriban. Everyone has a unique spin on it with different dynamics.

What If:

Vette would be the one to figure it out. Nicely done. And very nice ending--I like Vette. She's cool; I want to see her happy.

I apologize for this. Sincerely.

First: Flirt No spoilers

Ipha, Aurai, Jorgan. So sorry.

“The biggest problem we're going to have is getting in. The Imps know this ship and we're not going to have a recon team inside to cloak our arrival. If we get shot down before we can even make it on board then those Senators are dead, or worse.” Major Rendrik Poole rubbed a large hand over his forehead. “Jorgan has some ace piloting skills but I'm not so sure it's going to be enough.”

“We could take another ship,” Ipha said slowly, her brain about 15 steps ahead of her mouth. She blinked when everyone looked at her. “A large one, to carry the Senators back to Coruscant. Like... hm...” Again her brain jumped ahead and her mouth faltered.

“You have an idea, Lieutenant? Let's hear it.” Poole straightened, fixed hard eyes on Ipha.

She gave a firm nod, as though knocking everything back into place. “I have a friend. She's... uh... free lance by trade. Big ship, lots of room, fast and...” she glanced at her Captain, “an ace flier as well. I can throw some credits at her and appeal to her sense of... um actually, the credits will probably be all I need.”

“You want us to board an Imperial space cruiser from a free lancer's cargo ship?” Poole asked. Ipha could practically hear the quotations around free lancer.

“Dorne can get us close to it. Stolen Pub star hopper with resupply. It could work.” Ipha shrugged.

“The Lieutenant may be on to something, sir,” Dorne said thoughtfully. “I am still familiar with outdated Imperial landing codes. It may be that if I were to excuse myself as having been on the Outer Rim for an extended time, they would allow us to dock with said outdated codes.”

“And if they don't?” Poole asked.

“Ship’s not that big. We could always blow it up a little.” Ipha shrugged again.

Ipha and Jorgan crossed into the spaceport together, Ipha just a step or two ahead as it was her contact. She paused, surveyed the interior and saw the Carnivale right away. Nothing else looked like the Carnivale.

The woman standing at the bottom of the ramp was a knock out. She was Mirialan but her skin tone ranged more olive than green, like she had spent a lot of time on some sun drenched tropical planet. Her auburn hair was chopped short around her chin and parted to nearly cover one eye. Her gaze managed to be distant yet critical until she spotted Ipha. Then her grin was so big, it threatened to split her face.

“Hey soldier girl,” Aurai said warmly as Ipha approached.

Ipha started with a nod of greeting then got pulled into a big hug. “Oh.. ah. Hi, Rai”

“Those armored pants make your a*s look terrific!” Aurai gushed, grabbing Ipha's hand and turning her in a circle.

Despite himself, Jorgan looked. Even more embarrassing, Captain Aurai caught him looking. She gave him a devilish grin and put Ipha's back to him. Jorgan snapped his eyes on some point on the far wall.

“Uh, thanks I guess?” Ipha said, somewhere between flattered and embarrassed.

“Don't you agree, Captain?” Aurai asked innocently, fluttering her golden eyes at Jorgan.

Jorgan cleared his throat but Ipha spoke over him, loudly. “Wow, can we not question my superior officers about my assets? 'Cause that's just... Thanks.”

“Oh come on. Give credit where it's due. Oh fine. Here comes the rest of your people.” Aurai gave Poole a hearty salute and a sloppy grin. “Major, Captain Aurai reporting for duty and this beauty behind me is the Carnivale. Feel free to get cozy.” She punctuated the word cozy with a lascivious wink.

“Oh, please don't,” Ipha mumbled as Aurai gave her over the top introduction.

Aurai grinned and hooked her arm through Ipha's. “There's someone I want you meet!” the Mirialan practically sang.

“This isn't a social visit,” Ipha protested, feeling the eyes of her squad on them.

“Oh, psh. We aren't going to all sit around and stare at the walls on the way there are we?”

Jorgan plugged the coordinates into the Carnivale's computer, well aware that two beautiful women were standing over his shoulders arguing which had better curves, the Captain's ship or the Blue Bukk. As much as he liked the standard military cut of the Thunderclap class, he didn't think Ipha had much of an argument. He putzed around for as long as he could before he gruffly nodded to both women and wandered off the bridge.

“Wow, he has got it bad for you,” Aurai said with interest as she watched Jorgan walk away.

“I know,” Ipha said distractedly as she checked and rechecked the nav, then stopped and looked up. “Wait, how bad is bad?”

“Wait,” Aurai said at almost the same time. “What do you mean you know?”

Ipha shrugged. “His body does all the stuff it's supposed to do when a male is attracted to a female.”

Aurai's eyes glittered as she looked Ipha over. “Oooh, does it now?” she asked, the mischief practically dripping from her words.

Ipha gave a gusty sigh and shook her head. “Not like... NOT what I meant. I meant like the flushing and elevated heart rate and pupil dilation. Man, how much time are you spending on Nar Shaddaa? Get out of the gutter.”

Aurai licked her lips, craned her head to see if she could still the back side of Jorgan. “So like, you can tell all that stuff just looking at him?”

“I pick it all up with my cybernetic eye, plus a few other things. Don't tell him. Please, don't tell him. He'll bust me down to Private and ship me back to Ord Mantell.”

“So, what? You not feeling it with him?” Aurai questioned. “He looks like a perfect male specimen to me and I know you don't take issue with aliens. He a jerk or something? He looks like be could be a jerk.”

Ipha sighed and leaned against the console. “I like him. Fine, I like him a lot. But... he's not making a move and I'm sure it's because I'm his subordinate. Jorgan isn't as by the books as Dorne is, but there are some things he holds up.”

“So, you make the move. You know he's into you.”

“If Jorgan's not into fraternization then he'll shoot me down, really hard mind you, and send me on my way. Or worse, something will happen and it will change our working relationship. What if things got weird and I had to leave Havoc Squad?”

“Oh please,” Aurai rolled her eyes. “Excuses. The minute you touch that man he's going to explode all over you.” She paused. “That sounded better in my head. Anyway. You need to flirt with him. Because he's your superior he's most likely never going to make a move, unless he sees you want it.”

“You think?” Ipha asked, looking toward the door.

“Who in this entire galaxy knows men better than me? No-frickin'-body. That's who.” Aurai grinned.

“I'm going to have to think on that,” Ipha answered.

“No thinking,” Aurai said firmly. She took Ipha by the shoulders and made her look into her eyes. “Listen to me, next time he gives you an opening, you test the waters. I will bet this ship you'll love the result.”

Ipha pulled away and sat down at a console. “That or he's going to tell me my place in that incredibly sexy voice which is going to make me salivate whenever someone says 'subordinate' or 'improper' in normal conversation for the rest of my life.”

“We'll see cause he's coming back.”

“What?”

“Lieutenant.” Aurai had to admit the voice was indeed incredibly sexy. She subtly made room for Jorgan to speak to Ipha, all but disappearing into a corner as she watched.

“Sir,” Ipha got her feet and went into parade rest. She was not flirting with him.

“I want to give your weapon a thorough inspection before we board. Just to make sure your ordnance is up to snuff. No one's barrels are misfiring this time.”

Ipha lifted her auto cannon from the floor. She handed it over with a small smirk. “Just my weapon, sir?” The smirk fell away as soon as the words were out of her mouth. She was going to strangle Aurai for putting ideas in her head.

Jorgan glanced at her, one giant gun on his back, hers in his hands. His fingers glided over the durasteel barrel and down the grip the way a man's hands might caress a woman's skin. His eyes were locked on hers the entire time. “Turn around. I'll check your armor too.”

Was he joking? She honestly had no idea. She tried to control the giggle in her throat so it at least came out normal and not high and hysterical. “Aurai was right. You do think I've got great assets.”

Her auto cannon was in several parts. Jorgan methodically checked them then put them back together. Setting her gun on the floor he looked over at the Mirialan trying to make herself invisible. “She knows a thing of beauty when she sees it.” With that he left and Ipha couldn't get her jaw off the deck.

“That was... horrible and arousing all at the same time. I want that man,” she said quietly, in shock.

Aurai wandered over and made no qualms about watching Jorgan walk away. “He got a friend?” she asked innocently.

Author's Note:

So sorry. I wanted a light note to introduce Aurai and since she's Ipha's like, BFF i guess, I thought... sorry. So horrible. Jorgan's first flirt in game took me entirely by surprise. I kept thinking, I flirted, did he just? Did Jorgan just all but say he wanted to see me in my underwear? I'm horrible at flirting though, so this scene came out horrible.

I also have to say that Aurai must be the knock out I describe her as because I have all female characters on the Ebon Hawk and none of them get e-hit on except Aurai. She's been propositioned for erp not once, but three times. She's lvl 22 and I rarely play her. What the heck? It's like my server is filled with Captain Kirks chasing green women.

Author's Note:

It's like my server is filled with Captain Kirks chasing green women.

Why are you apologizing? that was hilarious!! It was such a realistic flirt, so flipping cute!! Also the Authors note made me spit my pop. I want more awkward Ipha, cause she's adorable.....

Edited by Earthmama

Author's Note:

So sorry. I wanted a light note to introduce Aurai and since she's Ipha's like, BFF i guess, I thought... sorry. So horrible. Jorgan's first flirt in game took me entirely by surprise. I kept thinking, I flirted, did he just? Did Jorgan just all but say he wanted to see me in my underwear? I'm horrible at flirting though, so this scene came out horrible.

I also have to say that Aurai must be the knock out I describe her as because I have all female characters on the Ebon Hawk and none of them get e-hit on except Aurai. She's been propositioned for erp not once, but three times. She's lvl 22 and I rarely play her. What the heck? It's like my server is filled with Captain Kirks chasing green women.

First of all, hahahahahaha! I grinned like an idiot through this whole thing and then giggled hysterically just like I did when the trooper flirts in the game started. You got it perfect, cause the trooper flirts are...trying to figure out how to describe them...they're so not smooth, but they're hot at the same time (which is probably cause Aric does that narrow eyed slow grin and that's....yeah). Dang it! Now I really want them to hurry up and release the Cathar so I can go make my medic :( Awesome story, made my morning :) (And I love your smuggler, she's adorable!!!) <toddles off to re-read story>

Author's Note:

Oh man that was so great. never apologize for writing. ever. you're great at it.

Also, <3 Aric.