Resolve Redux

Phlem

The strategy of when to use your stuns and when to use your stun break and when to add resolve vs when to snare are fun and interesting to people that like depth in their PvP interactions.

A system with no CC at all is a boring DPS race that becomes ENTIRELY gear dependent. If that is what you want go do PvE and enjoy bosses with enrage timers.

Of course CC is needed however I do feel there's a bit too much in this game. and the abilities especially unbreakable ones last for far too long and are used far too frequently.

There should be some system to stop people spamming endless stuns and roots at someone in order to make them easy pickings, that is what resolve is meant to be however it is broken.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So much sweet rage in this thread;)

Do I need to post combat logs to prove it?

Actually yes, you do. I have done excessive resolve system testing, I confirmed numbers other people post here on resolve values. 10 minutes of testing by yourself can confirm them too. Anyway, combat log/video or it was a bug/you are a liar/you dont know difference between root and stun (pick a proper answer).

And TUXs - I would like to remind you that you already used argument "you dont know how resolve is intended to work so you are wrong" and someone finaly provided link to developer post about that (link in my sig). You even admitted that you think we are right and resolve is actually working as intended. Of course you have right to still not like it;)

TL; DR

You cant be stunned 3 times in the row.

Resolve is working as intended.

Read link in my sig.

You cant be stunned 3 times in the row.

Um...yes you can, although I guess the CC may not officially be a "stun". However, locking a player down is relatively easy because Resolve is garbage.

Scenario from last night:

-My Shadow and a Scrapper teammate approached Snow Turret stealthed in CW with a PT guarding.

-My Shadow touches him with a Mind Maze and starts to cap the turret.

-The PT pops his CC Breaker and interrupts the cap.

-My Shadow then disables the PT with Force Lift and begins to cap again.

-The PT waits out the FL duration and drops to interrupt, but is immediately stopped by my teammate with a Dirty Kick.

-Turret is successfully flipped for the two cap (we had already capped Grass).

-We hold the two turrets for the remainder and win the match.

-Didn't even have to fire a shot or do a lightsaber swipe for the cap. Ezmode Trustory.

Clearly you and your teammates do not know how to tactically use your CC if you think this can't be done. The Resolve system makes me laugh.

Um...yes you can, although I guess the CC may not officially be a "stun". However, locking a player down is relatively easy because Resolve is garbage.

Scenario from last night:

-My Shadow and a Scrapper teammate approached Snow Turret stealthed in CW with a PT guarding.

-My Shadow touches him with a Mind Maze and starts to cap the turret.

-The PT pops his CC Breaker and interrupts the cap.

-My Shadow then disables the PT with Force Lift and begins to cap again.

-The PT waits out the FL duration and drops to interrupt, but is immediately stopped by my teammate with a Dirty Kick.

-Turret is successfully flipped for the two cap (we had already capped Grass).

-We hold the two turrets for the remainder and win the match.

-Didn't even have to fire a shot or do a lightsaber swipe for the cap. Ezmode Trustory.

The situation you are describing is IMPOSSIBLE.

Clearly you and your teammates do not know how to tactically use your CC if you think this can't be done. The Resolve system makes me laugh.[/color]

You lost the privilege of thinking of yourself as a good player, after what you just said.-> which makes ME laugh

Edited by Dmasterr

The situation you are describing is IMPOSSIBLE.

No, it really isn't. It really happened. Go do it yourself. It's easy to reproduce. Been a standard strat now for months. You not knowing it can be done tells me plenty about your understanding of CC in this game. So bad. haha

Edited by DarthOvertone

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.