The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PT Pyro vs other PT/Merc specs

NoTomorrow

I am only lvl 35 and i am very far from mastering PT Pyro, but i do have a feeling that Arsenal Mercs and Shield PT are very easy kills for PT Pyro. Am I right, or I only met bad players from these specs? They just .. die.

What about AP PT?

Who has the advantage Merc or PT, both in pyro Spec?

A good Sorc in level 50 PvP will own you fast if your not on your A game, trust me I have both a War Hero BH and a War Hero DPS sorc and I actually like seeing PT Pyros on my Sorc, they melt like butter if they are cocky and storm in with the attatude that, I am master of DPS.

Pretty much the only class that should lose to a PT pyro is the merc.

Actually I would like to make a slight adjustment to that....Pretty much the only classes that should lose to a PT Pyro are, Merc, Assassin, Sorc, Operative, Sniper, Marauder, Juggernaut. Anything else should easily smoke them. :p

Actually I would like to make a slight adjustment to that....Pretty much the only classes that should lose to a PT Pyro are, Merc, Assassin, Sorc, Operative, Sniper, Marauder, Juggernaut. Anything else should easily smoke them. :p

A sniper that loses to a PT Pyro needs to delete toon and go play Hello Kitty Online.

A good merc shouldn't lose to pyro PT, cleansing the fire dots takes away big hits they do. My merc is pyro spec also and it plays somewhat differently compared to pyro PT and not nearly as much burst. My PT is shieldtech because I think it is fun, I have done pyro on it for a while and I like merc's style better.

A merc can heal, cleanse, knockback, sleep with concussive missile, add an extra big dot below 30% with fusion missile (use only with power surge+sensors override). Kiting a PT is cake with a merc, once he wastes his grapple, knock em back and reapply the snare.

Edited by Sookster

A good merc shouldn't lose to pyro PT, cleansing the fire dots takes away big hits they do. My merc is pyro spec also and it plays somewhat differently compared to pyro PT and not nearly as much burst. My PT is shieldtech because I think it is fun, I have done pyro on it for a while and I like merc's style better.

A merc can heal, cleanse, knockback, sleep with concussive missile, add an extra big dot below 30% with fusion missile (use only with power surge+sensors override). Kiting a PT is cake with a merc, once he wastes his grapple, knock em back and reapply the snare.

A good Merc can do well against a not-so-good PT, but not against an equally skilled one. Why would a PT waste grapple before being knocked back? But even if that happens, a 4sec stun closes the gap again. Once in range, the merc has no chance. You will get interrupted, carbonized, and burst to death. If you're spamming your cleanse, then you are as good as dead anyways. There is a reason why Mercs are getting a buff in 1.3

Mercs and dps Sorcs are the 2 easiest fights for a pyro PT.

Edited by Agooz

And I'm thinking they're adding an interrupt (I hope) and upping power shot back to its pre-1.2 state.

Mercs MUST get an interrupt. It's probably the biggest no-brainer in class balancing right now. I have no idea what genius Dev was working on the Merc AC and thought it needed to be the only class without it. Their knockback also needs like a 2-3sec root.

Mercs MUST get an interrupt. It's probably the biggest no-brainer in class balancing right now. I have no idea what genius Dev was working on the Merc AC and thought it needed to be the only class without it. Their knockback also needs like a 2-3sec root.

please no more stupid roots. The only class that has roots on its knockback by default is sniper. And that has a good reason behind it, also you need to be in cover. Sorc needs to talent. You got 2 knockbacks, i dont want more roots.

And I'm thinking they're adding an interrupt (I hope) and upping power shot back to its pre-1.2 state.

I wish people would stop asking for an interrupt!

We have plenty of control abilities and don't need another.

I do not want every class to have the same abilities.

And PLEASE stop telling other Mercs how to use our highest damage/heat missile effectively.

All we need is a better chance to gain and keep range to help us with tank classes.

And yes, I know how to play a Merc/Pyro effectively as I'm over 80 valor and gotten better with time.

I can beat an arrogant PT 1v1 if they don't watch themselves, but the ones who know me have learned.

Same as above except: I liked the AFTERBURNERS ability from Arsen when I played that spec.

I think it would go a long way towards balancing the Merc class if they included for all Mercs.