incompetence with extended notification

Suromir

Oh no, they took more than four minutes past the deadline to tweet that the deadline was extended. :rolleyes: How dare Bioware not have an employee standing by with a cell phone and a stopwatch.

Welcome to the next generation of gamers...."I WANT THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" crowd. It's very sad....but at least I still see some "Oh well that stinks" and shrugs it off type of poster.

when bioware was more conservative with their timings saying 8 hour downtimes people complained that no patch should take 8 hours... now they say it will take 4 hours and it ends up taking the 8 hours they used to say it takes... and everyones mad..

funny how no one is happy here:P

when bioware was more conservative with their timings saying 8 hour downtimes people complained that no patch should take 8 hours... now they say it will take 4 hours and it ends up taking the 8 hours they used to say it takes... and everyones mad..

funny how no one is happy here:P

I'm happy. I'm enjoying the game and the patch was rolled out on a night where I didn't really feel like playing.

Sith Happens, when they did an emergancy patch that broke 1.2 and ended up taking down the servers again to fix it they gave us a day of game time to compensate us.

yeah that have that 'thing' called 'Facebook' oh, and also 'Twitter' !

Sorry I don't mean to sound rude, but yeah, they do have other forms of communication too.

!= is a programming operator for "Not equal to"

while($i < 1000)

{

FACEPALM

$i++;

}

Dunno what's your point, the delay might have been caused by a bug, an hardware failure or many other reasons...

and as said, we know maintenance might be extended.

As for asking that more tests are made before going live, I'm fine with it, but you may think a bit about the size of the team and how much you pay for this game, it's not a bank changing their online sites for their customers.

Only thing that irks me at this stage is the fact I still have to follow twatter and fubook for friggin updates.

Nothing on the official site, nothing in the devtracker.

I was hoping this practice would die away when rockjaw got the can but alas, still beneath BW to communicate directly to people on their official sites.

It's not silly, its a service we pay for. How would you feel if you paid to have your car put in the shop at 10AM, and they tell you to be back at noon to pick it up, you show up, and now they are telling you 4PM.

Its the same concept. We have the right to be upset.

You own the car, you don't own the servers. Not the same.

Only thing that irks me at this stage is the fact I still have to follow twatter and fubook for friggin updates.

Nothing on the official site, nothing in the devtracker.

I was hoping this practice would die away when rockjaw got the can but alas, still beneath BW to communicate directly to people on their official sites.

Doesn't really apply to this thread. Additional down times for EU servers were posted as a sticky as soon as the forums went back up. Also, with server downtimes it makes perfect sense to use social media for updates, because when the servers are down, the forums are down.

They should have done this several times on a test server, and had it rehearsed to the point where they would know EXACTLY how long it would take. The whole "Its taking longer than we thought" is crap. When you update something of this scale, you need to know exactly how long its going to take, not leave it to chance. :rak_04:

LOL ...

You must work in some field that has NOTHING to do with computers or almost any of the service based industries ...

Wait, do you even have a job (looking at your forum handle, I would guess not) ? Seriously, your post was great, it gave me and my team a good chuckle for the early morning, much appreciated :)

Edited by Balrizangor

• Dev Post
Thanks for your patience, everyone. We know that it's frustrating if your server is affected by maintenance extensions, but we'll work to keep you updated as quickly as we can when we get new information. We encourage everyone to watch this post (or just follow us on Twitter if that's more convenient for you). Thanks for posting your feedback, but we're going to close this thread and ask that you please watch for our updates on maintenance. Edited by AllisonBerryman