The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cheaper sub?

Evironrage

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us that are/have unsubbing/unsubbed I have to ask: Would a 50% reduction in monthly sub costs keep you around?

For me the answer is yes. I would be willing to give SWTOR another 6months if they were willing to lower the cost drastically. Anyone else? Say $7.50 a month.

If Aston Martin would lower the cost of a DB9 by 75% I'd buy one.

No, not after I got billed for a Warhammer Wrath of Heroes in-game purchase which was made by my 6 year old nephew, when I was on the bathroom a few minutes while he was playing that game.

I find it absurd that my SWTOR subscription bound credit card was automatic billed by a Free 2 Play game that allows purchases in-game without the slightest security confirmation.

If that doesn't change I will never touch anything released by Bioware/EA or any other company that houses their billing under Origin.

The unprofessional reply by customer service turned me completely off, which led to immediate subscription cancellation from my side.

I wanted to write about this in the last customer experience form, but after seeing that the questions regard other genres and games I didn't even bother to fill in a single field.

Does Bioware even care about swtor anymore?

Edited by Mineria

No, not after I got billed for a Warhammer Wrath of Heroes in-game purchase which was made by my 6 year old nephew, when I was on the bathroom a few minutes while he was playing that game.

I find it absurd that my SWTOR subscription bound credit card was automatic billed by a Free 2 Play game that allows purchases in-game without the slightest security confirmation.

If that doesn't change I will never touch anything released by Bioware/EA or any other company that houses their billing under Origin.

The unprofessional reply by customer service turned me completely off, which led to immediate subscription cancellation from my side.

:eek:, wow, that is complete crap

Brother, the outcome of a good trip fishing or a round of golf can turn out priceless with the right people. I don't think any game could provide as much as entertainment as outdoor hobbies.

this. no mmo will take the place of seeing your buddy fall intro the drink at the 10th hole water trap.

So you let a 6 year old play a Teen rated game, unattended on your account, and complain about the consequences?

Sorry, I just don't see how that's the fault of someone else.

Brother, the outcome of a good trip fishing or a round of golf can turn out priceless with the right people. I don't think any game could provide as much as entertainment as outdoor hobbies.

I've been fishing a few times. Last time I caught two. However, I haven't been in ages, but I play games every day. Know why? Fishing is quite possibly the most boring activity on Earth. It consists of staring at a little plastic pokeball floating in the water for hours at a time. My time gaming is infinitely more exciting than hours of staring at a bobber followed by several seconds of turning a crank on a $120 stick a friend forced me to buy.

Golf is only played by lesbians, rich old white men and Tiger Woods. I'm none of the above.

What the **** were you doing letting a 6 year old play a T rated game in the first place? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Edited by Jandia

The real question should be, if you didn't play for so long in the beta program would you still be willing to pay a monthly fee? I for one got burned out long before the game was released so I. along with many others have dealt with the bugs for far longer. It seems that the majority of complaints from this game comes from the people in the beta program. I still blame BW for letting in WAY too many people that early. I was done playing almost 6 months before release. I actually deleted it and then reinstalled after a couple months away, which was kind of lame you had to reinstall the entire client for each update. My ISP sure loved my monthly overage fees for that. For THAT reason alone I would love to see beta testers get a price break, even lower than a founder should see after the first year of solid playing without unsubscribing. Edited by Mercyflush

this. no mmo will take the place of seeing your buddy fall intro the drink at the 10th hole water trap.

Lol. Were the pretty girls with the wandering "refreshment" cart good sales people?

I wanted to write about this in the last customer experience form, but after seeing that the questions regard other genres and games I didn't even bother to fill in a single field.

Does Bioware even care about swtor anymore?

You do know that is against the TOS of ANY online game for you to allow anyone to play on your account? And certainly for anyone under the age of 13 is in MOST TOS that they are not even allowed to play the game. Buyer beware. Either read the rules or in this day and age you should just plain know better.

My 5 year old ordered xBox points on his account before I blocked him having access. My mistake so I didn't see the reason to complain to the company for something I should have controlled.

So you let a 6 year old play a Teen rated game, unattended on your account, and complain about the consequences?

Sorry, I just don't see how that's the fault of someone else.

The rating is completely unrelated to how billing is handled, it could have been an older person with no English skills playing if that matters.

I'm not complaining, I made my choice, question is if anything is done about the poor credit card handling.

The rating is completely unrelated to how billing is handled, it could have been an older person with no English skills playing if that matters.

I'm not complaining, I made my choice, question is if anything is done about the poor credit card handling.

At some point you have to take responsibility for your own actions. You are completely able to remove your billing info from your account at any time.

I think paying 50 cents/day for a bugy single player game is a ripoff.

I guess we must have completely dfferent experiences, since I regularly do multiplayer missions and have found mostly minor bugs.

At some point you have to take responsibility for your own actions. You are completely able to remove your billing info from your account at any time.

Yes, and by doing so the SWTOR subscription is canceled as well. ;)

You see, I never added any credit card information to Wrath of Heroes, but since the same account is used to create an account and download the game via EA Origin it gets added automatic it seems.

I find it rather a breach in security that it works that way.

Someone with access to a SWTOR players email would easy be able to compromise the account that way, not sure if the authenticator even works up against Origin.

Edited by Mineria

Actually it could, if in-game purchases are able to be done and billed to the account holder. A "teen" is going to have a better grasp of this than a six year old.

Yes, and by doing so the SWTOR subscription is canceled as well. ;)

That is still not taking responsibility for your actions. You are still blaming someone else that you left an active credit card open on a game that had easy access to MT's.

I´d resub for 9.99/m $ as soon as the game gets fun and immersive, should happen around version 2.0

I think TOR 2.0 will rock... I even believe with 9.99.- the game could reach a lot more subs in a year

Make it a tough price competition for WoW and release new improvements in a regular manner and it will succeed

That is still not taking responsibility for your actions. You are still blaming someone else that you left an active credit card open on a game that had easy access to MT's.

I took my responsibility by getting billed, paying the bill, and afterwards canceling the account. ok?

What part of "credit cards gets automatic added to any other game added under your Origin account without any layer of security but a logon password" is hard to understand for you?

Edited by Mineria

The outcome of an afternoon of playing a good video game can turn out priceless with the right people. I don't think any afternoon spent wiggling a stick could provide as much entertainment as gaming with friends.

Newsflash: People have different opinions and different ideas of what is fun.

I'd rather do my friends' laundry than be forced to spend an afternoon playing golf or going fishing. It's not that I have any problems with outdoor activities, it's just that I find those two soul crushingly dull. I assume you'd disagree.

The outcome of an afternoon of playing a good video game can turn out priceless with the right people. I don't think any afternoon spent wiggling a stick could provide as much entertainment as gaming with friends.

Newsflash: People have different opinions and different ideas of what is fun.

I'd rather do my friends' laundry than be forced to spend an afternoon playing golf or going fishing. It's not that I have any problems with outdoor activities, it's just that I find those two soul crushingly dull. I assume you'd disagree.

I do. My post was certainly not speaking for everyone. Was just stating my opinion.

I object to sub based games the more I think about it. I mean buying a game for $60 and then paying $15 a month just to play the game I have already bought? Seriously you people think that is a good deal?? I own video games that cost less than star wars did up front and WHEN I want to play it I can just jump in.

Some weeks I feel like playing a certain type of game. Sub based model is only really suitable for people who know they are only going to want to play 1 game or who just have money to waste. I had a WoW sub for about 3 years but hardly played. Some days I would drop in and have fun. But having to have a subscription to do that is not a good deal when I can just buy other games and not play them for 6 months before I spam it for a few days when I am really into playing that sort of game.

I already think it's dirt cheap entertainment at 50 cents/day.

This, you pay 15 a month for a full month of entertainment or you can bay about 9 a ticket plus another 10 for a drink and popcorn for a movie, 5+ dollars to eat out alone, 5-200 for a concert ticket, even more for a sporting event, etc etc, see what I am getting at here? 15 bucks a month aint **** compared to other things you could do. Lets not forget 5-50000 for ****** (depending on the quality) lol