Transfer to Server of Choice.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple question, since i re-rolled another character on a higher pop server, with server transfers, will i be able to transfer my 50 from my low pop to the high pop?

the rumor is that bioware is selecting servers that free transfers will be avaliable for... i highly doubt that they will be any high population server as it stands right now..

that being said, there are rumors regarding paid transfers that will allow you to transfer to any server you would like..

so short answer likely not a high pop server unless you are willing to pay for it

There is only one high population server "Fatman" . They will not allow transfers there. Your best bet is to unsub at this point. Game is bad.

There are several High population servers and if they allow enough people to transfer to other servers then they will become High population too!

Common sense.

Greetings,

We will be releasing more details about the upcoming server transfers later, but Dallas Dickinson had this to say in one of last month's Weekly Q&As:

Arymono: When will character transfers be available for everybody?

Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.

DrakeAssaShin: What is being done to address low population servers?

Dallas: The Character Transfer Service, as mentioned above, will be offering free transfers from/to specific servers. This should allow the most motivated players to get onto a higher population serve

We hope this gives a little more insight. Thank you for your patience!

Greetings,

We will be releasing more details about the upcoming server transfers later, but Dallas Dickinson had this to say in one of last month's Weekly Q&As:

None of that will stop the influx of "biofail" posts when people REALLY realize that they cannot transfer to whatever server they want to.

can you transfer from PvE to PvP?

Brother, I know it is early (at least here on the West Coast), but dang... Just two posts up.

Greetings,

We will be releasing more details about the upcoming server transfers later

Edited by TheBBP

Greetings,

The question is, how does someone know what server to move to? I personally play only during the day, most servers show low pop during the day so unless I get lucky I doubt moving to a new server will help my situation.

On the other hand, BW has player info including times of play and what days they play right in front of them and could easily combine low population servers into healthy and active servers using this player data. Asking players to stumble around in the dark and choosing a new server to move to blindly seems a little foolish to me.

Addding all the dead servers together you still wont see more than 60 people in the fleets, dead servers now only have about 7 players on them

Actually No. They have a lot of light servers. They can combine those communities so they become heavy.

You can't just judge peak times because people log in at different times. Also with no one to play with in flashpoints and warzones people stop logging in. People also tend to flock to a server with people. This is why we have some servers that are dead and some servers where you can still get a flashpoint and your warzone dailies complete when both are light. Everyone joined full servers at launch but the ones who were never full are really feeling it now.

I would have allowed transfer to service of choice from the begining instead of adding the massive amount of servers they did during launch. Oh well, time for them to fix it now.

Brother, I know it is early (at least here on the West Coast), but dang... Just two posts up.

middle of afternoon in UK....

thats not the only media outlet. I'm just seeing if anyone has heard anything different...

middle of afternoon in UK....

thats not the only media outlet. I'm just seeing if anyone has heard anything different...

It was posted 7 minutes before you asked your question. Depending on your monitor size, you probably would not even had to scroll up to see it lol.

It was posted 7 minutes before you asked your question. Depending on your monitor size, you probably would not even had to scroll up to see it lol.

bloody el sorry... im at work, i have the window boxed to about 4 inches by 4 inches down the bottom right of my screen.

anyways, does that post imply later today or later this year?

None of that will stop the influx of "biofail" posts when people REALLY realize that they cannot transfer to whatever server they want to.

That is because that everyone will just go to Fatman...friends can still be on the same server if they agree beforehand which of the free transfers they will take.

bloody el sorry... im at work, i have the window boxed to about 4 inches by 4 inches down the bottom right of my screen.

anyways, does that post imply later today or later this year?

It happens lol.

I am fairly certain that "later" means at an unknown time "soon".

English is bad

Yeesh, missed one comma and put a period outside of a quotation mark.

@OP, it depends on the "high pop" server. Obviously Fatman is not going to be a destination server at first (but maybe after all the refugees transfer off!)

Basically I am expecting mass consolidation of population, and whatever destination server they suggest for you, moving all your toons there will make for a much better playing experience. Whether it's as good as current Fatman is to be seen. Even half of a Fatman would still be really good with LFG though, and enough people to ensure reasonable WZ pops.

Edited by LarryRow

Greetings,

This doesn't gove any information at all.If you guys don't get your act together your going to lose almost all of us.