Don't Kill The Community - MERGE ALREADY!

Safariii

There will never be server merges.. Sorry.. The potential issues with naming conflicts that mergers cause prohibit them from ever happening..

Would any of you like to wake up one day to have to rename your character?? Or your guild?? Or your legacy?? I am guessing that most people wouldn't..

That is why there will never be server merges..

It will be left to transfers where we the player have the option to transfer or not to transfer, and if we choose to move then we take on the responsibility of a naming conflict.. We made the choice to move, not Bioware.. That is the only way to do it..

Server transfers have been confirmed to be a part of the up comming 1.3 content patch..

Edited by MajikMyst

There will never be server merges.. Sorry.. The potential issues with naming conflicts that mergers cause prohibit them from ever happening..

Would any of you like to wake up one day to have to rename your character?? Or your guild?? Or your legacy?? I am guessing that most people wouldn't..

It will be left to transfers where we the player have the option to transfer or not to transfer, and if we choose to move then we take on the responsibility of a naming conflict.. We made the choice to move, not Bioware.. That is the only way to do it..

Server transfers have been confirmed to be a part of the up comming 1.3 content patch..

Please allow me to reiterate my original post's Closing Statement:

"SO please give the end gamers something to keep them coming back for more. Get the population settled NOW. Allow server transfers, so that we can move our built up team of legacy characters elsewhere, where there may still be SOME semblance of a community still active. The last thing I plan to do is START again on a different server. You cannot afford to malinger on this bioware. You will jeopardise the playing community that intends to be loyal to you. Seriously consider what I have said here. Or I too will be off to the next new big game."

Maybe this is my oversight in the naming of my thread and for that I apologise :) Not sure If I can rename it. But my main point to get across is why take so long? The community is suffering as a consequence, as you can see for yourself. And rumours of speculation on charging money for the service is rather ridiculous and will just further enrage an already upset community. Once again the purpose of this thread is to PLEA to the developers to NOT MALINGER any longer on this. I love this game and DO NOT want to see it end up like RIFT!

Further to that and after the excellent input from other posters, I would like to see a GUILD TRANSFER OPTION allowing guilds the flexibility to Move in one swoop to wherever they choose to go.

Safari Plum

Please allow me to reiterate my original post's Closing Statement:

That is nice.. Not every post is in response to yours.. My post was in response to the three posts before mine.. Which doesn't include yours.. So you can reiterate all you want.. But could you atleast not assume that everyone is talking to you??

Sometimes when someone responds to a thread.. It isn't always to the OP.. In fact I never read your post.. Sorry.. Like I said.. I was responding to the last three before mine.. :rolleyes:

On a side note.. Your thread title does say to merge.. Just in case you didn't notice.. :D

Edited by MajikMyst

I also think merges are required as opposed to transfers.

you can merge servers in a manner to reduce the number of renames etc.

find two guild with different names that do not have any character names repeated between the two. those will go on the server together. just keep repeating this process til you have a population that is expected to have a queue time of less than 15 mins.

to sort out who gets name priority for the merge:

highest priority to accounts with longest subscription length. If someone unsubbed for two months, they should not get priority over someone who has been paying this whole time.

to sort out ties in account time use character playtime. someone with a level 1 character should not get priority over somsoen who has a level 50, unless that level 50 is never going to be on because they dont keep their sub active.

but this is only in dire circumstances, since using the guild member mismatch method for merges should do 99% of the work.

It should not take a decent algorithm more than 2 seconds to provide you with a list optimal merge data, and it should not take more than a week for a decent programmer to write this algorithm.

Edited by dipstik

Transfers should be offered to servers that are merged together, for those who don't like how the merge is, and should be offered for a full week to allow people to decide whether the merged server is right for them.

That's my opinion at least...

I would rename everything about my toon in a heartbeat if it meant returning to a playable community.

you can merge servers in a manner to reduce the number of renames etc.

find two guild with different names that do not have any character names repeated between the two. those will go on the server together. just keep repeating this process til you have a population that is expected to have a queue time of less than 15 mins.

to sort out who gets name priority for the merge:

highest priority to accounts with longest subscription length. If someone unsubbed for two months, they should not get priority over someone who has been paying this whole time.

to sort out ties in account time use character playtime. someone with a level 1 character should not get priority over somsoen who has a level 50, unless that level 50 is never going to be on because they dont keep their sub active.

but this is only in dire circumstances, since using the guild member mismatch method for merges should do 99% of the work.

It should not take a decent algorithm more than 2 seconds to provide you with a list optimal merge data, and it should not take more than a week for a decent programmer to write this algorithm.

I don't have enough technical know how to understand what needs to be done to actually see things through to implementation of an idea, but this sounds really good. Also, In response to a few posts up I TOO will happily rename anything to get the population sorted.

Do any of you guys that understand coding, think this is a real possibility?

I don't have enough technical know how to understand what needs to be done to actually see things through to implementation of an idea, but this sounds really good. Also, In response to a few posts up I TOO will happily rename anything to get the population sorted.

Do any of you guys that understand coding, think this is a real possibility?

wrong, that is a lousy answer,

it is far more complicate than a transfer or merge,

dont care about ur name, it is nothing,

u can still stay in a dead server to keep ur name if u want.