Thanks for the apology

kninekaji

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to be honest that was the thread that tipped me over the edge to unsubscribe, I dont care if they apologized or not, it just shows that bioware really doesnt care about PVP, the fact that their employees run around on pvp servers telling people not to world pvp tells me the type of culture they have in there workplace, if one has that attitude... How many more do... We arent going to get teh game we desire when the developers dont want the same thing, its that simple. Edited by TriviumIsGOAT

The only thing that pisses me off about all this is that they gave all of you whiners one more topic to whine about. There isn't enough cheese in the world to go along with all this whine. Even Jesus would stop turning water into whine. He would say, "Dude...seriously. ENOUGH WHINE ALREADY."

Im going to be honest that was the thread that tipped me over the edge to unsubscribe, I dont care if they apologized or not, it just shows that bioware really doesnt care about PVP

Yeah because one guy's mistake and another person's failure of immediately finding the appropriate evidence clearly means that Bioware doesn't care about world pvp. You're right bro.

Should perhaps have made certain that people understood that it was irony, my bad for writing badly :p

Also you can make it save the last 5 mins if anything bad happened without constantly saving anything by simply pressing a button if its setup correctly, (well not certain if it was fraps or some other such program but anyway it exists :)).

That said I would never do it since I think its ridiculous, if you don't trust the company your buying a service from (game time) then stop buying the service.

Trust me, you're not as clever as you thought you were. Yes, it was obvious that you were attempting at irony, but the stuff you spewed out was so ridiculous that I had to turn it onto you by making you admit that. Thanks for playing, and thanks for falling into the usual pitfalls of telling people to leave if they don't like how things are going. We all know that die hard fans falls back to this when they've run out of things to excuse others with and amounts to throwing a tantrum as last resort. :)

Just seen it Humm so an employee did do that, Well the actions of one employee dont reflect the company as a whole.

actualy it does at least in the world i live in....

and calling someone publicy a liar without any prove is actualy called calumny and he can sue them for that

Edited by mamosh

I think their public apology was pretty awesome. You don't see that everyday. Sure, they blundered pretty big.....but c'mon....they OPENLY APOLOGIZED. That's pretty cool no matter how you look at it. It says "yes we were wrong and you bet your butt we're sorry". What else would you like from this....a blood oath? Sheesh. Edited by WickedImage

Publicily slandering paying subscribers, insisting that this was looked into, only to find your foot in your mouth when you realized that it was indeed a factual event.

Nice way of treating your customers, shall we expect this type of "customer service" in all your games?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=465256&page=23

I think Bioware are just trying to win "the most hated" gaming development company award from Sony.

I think their public apology was pretty awesome. You don't see that everyday. Sure, they blundered pretty big.....but c'mon....they OPENLY APOLOGIZED. That's pretty cool no matter how you look at it. It says "yes we were wrong and you bet your butt we're sorry". What else would you like from this....a blood oath? Sheesh.

ok maybe not all get the point ill explain it in a case you might understand

there is a football club you go to for several months to play football paying the membership fee and all.

then one day in the middle of a game an employee from that club comes to you and

says: You not allowed to tackle other players! You have to leave the property right now or you will be kicked out

you try to reach the manager only to find out they posted your name on the entrance door saying you a liar blah blah blah

then a few days later they call you just to say sorry you can come back

would you come back just because they said sorry? NO

would they add a bonus like free membership? Most likley

Seriously publicly lamenting their own customers, and then being provin wrong afterwords, they better apologize, they would be stupid not to, you guys are giving them to much credit, im sure they will learn from their mistakes, whoever is in charge over there better learn fast, or their whole team will be out the job, no 'restructuring" will save them. Edited by TriviumIsGOAT

ok maybe not all get the point ill explain it in a case you might understand

there is a football club you go to for several months to play football paying the membership fee and all.

then one day in the middle of a game an employee from that club comes to you and

says: You not allowed to tackle other players! You have to leave the property right now or you will be kicked out

you try to reach the manager only to find out they posted your name on the entrance door saying you a liar blah blah blah

then a few days later they call you just to say sorry you can come back

would you come back just because they said sorry? NO

would they add a bonus like free membership? Most likley

You seriously think they deserve free membership in TOR because of one incident, where one GM did wrong, and a representative did not have facts at the time?

This is REALLY what it's coming to for you people?

Tell me I misunderstood what you were saying.

It's nothing more than an extension of gameplay, at this point. They delivered this steaming POS and consistently break it with patches and blame *US* for playing it wrong.

Normally, I wouldn't wish unemployment on ANYONE, but I have to say, after what I've witnessed, I don't think the firings/layoffs went far enough.

Or on the flip-side we actually had a community manager instead.......

You seriously think they deserve free membership in TOR because of one incident, where one GM did wrong, and a representative did not have facts at the time?

This is REALLY what it's coming to for you people?

Tell me I misunderstood what you were saying.

It's the fact they violated their own policy

And to single out one player and calling him a fake in the community forums.

It's not so much their mistakes that makes it so wrong. It's how they handled it.

Fecking hell, when have PVP people become such whiney little *****es, thinking that with everything their "rights" are being trampled to an extreme. They where grieving, they got caught. Accept it and move on. We all grieve sometimes and we all get caught sometimes. No need being an indignified crybaby about it until you get your way. Man, this is closer to spoiled children then to actually being mature adults.

Especialy the "PRO" guy turn my stomach. Seriously if you can make a living of playing this game, then you are a PRO if not you are not a PRO just maybe a good player. And even that is open for discussion.

Who are they grieving over? Did someone die?

Who are they grieving over? Did someone die?

I don't think it is someone they're grieving over more so of a what are they grieving over.

And that what is SWTOR after this horrible PR failure.

The gaming community and press are going to have a field day with this act of pure idiocy by BioWare's own Associate Online Community Manager effectively killing what remaining good PR they had.

Edited by Quikfox

I think Bioware are just trying to win "the most hated" gaming development company award from Sony.

Well they're well on their way lol. Just looking at this it is just an all around fail and a PR nightmare for Bioware/EA just when I thought they couldn't surprise me and come off as any more unprofessional and inexperienced than they were before. First you have an incompetent GM that has no idea what he is doing making threats against players accounts for playing the game how it was meant to be played. Then you have an incompetent forum moderator breaking their own rules(when it is their job to enforce them ironically) by talking about actions taken against players, in a public forum at that, as well as publicly naming and incidentally slandering certain players in the process. Then you have the incompetence of the "investigation teams" that took multiple investigations(and multiple teams?) to simply find out what a SINGLE GM was up to? What if he had banned the players involved? That would have been even worse because they would then have to compensate the players effected that couldn't log in after being wrongfully banned all while Bioware fumbles around trying to find out what their own people are doing.

And I thought the whole non-SWTOR domain site to get your character copied to the PTS(which is probably a fantasy for phishing organizations trying to get accounts) was the peak of how unprofessional this company can be. I have a feeling they won't stop surprising me even after this disaster.

Edited by Ganrax