Players in trouble for world PvP on fatman?

Drakinor

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26/gmstopsworldpvp.jpg/

Pulled that screen off reddit. Anyone know the story behind this? Was there some kind of greifing going on or am I missing something? I thought the point of a PvP server was, well PvP outside of instanced fights. Honestly I prefer world PvP to Warzones any day of the week and the world PvP in this game is severely lacking. If they were greifing ok I get it, but if this is just because someone got their feelings hurt because they lost this is ridiculous:P

It was a faked up screenshot. The incident never happened. I was on Fatman last night, evading wpvp on Tatooine. GMs have never interfered with wpvp there, even last night when pubs were camping one of outposts for over an hour. OP was lying.

It was a faked up screenshot. The incident never happened. I was on Fatman last night, evading wpvp on Tatooine. GMs have never interfered with wpvp there, even last night when pubs were camping one of outposts for over an hour. OP was lying.

I doubt a liar would ask Bioware to check the logs. He isn't an idiot.

Bioware is trying to cover it up and it's laughable that anyone would actually think he was trying to get banned on purpose.

I doubt a liar would ask Bioware to check the logs. He isn't an idiot.

Bioware is trying to cover it up and it's laughable that anyone would actually think he was trying to get banned on purpose.

Take off the tinfoil hat. The OP probably doesn't even sub anymore. And once more, I play on Fatman and I wpvp. Nothing like that has ever happened.

Just so everyone knows how noteworthy this really is, Scep(above) and I are both republic players, STS is an imp guild. We pvp with these guys EVERY day and have for months now. You tell me why repulic players are gonna risk bans to support an imp guild if its all bs. I wasnt part of the team that responded cause I was busy last night. I have NO doubt that is a real SS and bioware is trying to cover their butts.

Just so everyone knows how noteworthy this really is, Scep(above) and I are both republic players, STS is an imp guild. We pvp with these guys EVERY day and have for months now. You tell me why repulic players are gonna risk bans to support an imp guild if its all bs. I wasnt part of the team that responded cause I was busy last night. I have NO doubt that is a real SS and bioware is trying to cover their butts.

This.

The screenshot is "fake" only in the sense that Kiro had to take multiple screenshots and paste them together because ops/guild/notification chat spammed them apart. The background story as laid out, and the GM's reactions, were accurately represented in the now closed thread.

I got to the event minutes after the GM and warning (and in time for the follow up Black Hole battles), but was in vent for the entire thing. It is no fraud or hoax.

- Nimr, Seal Team Sith

Turned out to be a load of cobblers which some of us suspected in the first place. Lesson to learn for those gullible types that flamed us for telling them not to rush to conclusions based on a screenshot.

Haha.

The screenshot is "fake" only in the sense that Kiro had to take multiple screenshots and paste them together because ops/guild/notification chat spammed them apart. The background story as laid out, and the GM's reactions, were accurately represented in the now closed thread.

I got to the event minutes after the GM and warning (and in time for the follow up Black Hole battles), but was in vent for the entire thing. It is no fraud or hoax.

- Nimr, Seal Team Sith

dont bother if bio wants to cover this things they will do it including baning all those accounts..because after all is few ppl for them not an entire server...this game is screwed to much and must understand that they are acting like this just to save the face of this (game) whatever happens most of ppl will still leave because of no pvp content or unbalanced classes...

dont bother if bio wants to cover this things they will do it including baning all those accounts..because after all is few ppl for them not an entire server...this game is screwed to much and must understand that they are acting like this just to save the face of this (game) whatever happens most of ppl will still leave because of no pvp content or unbalanced classes...

If they ban anyone in STS, I will unsub.

CAn players on Fatman, both republic and imperial confirm is this truly happened? This is extermely important for many players in htis game including myself. Did this occur as the Sts guild said or is BW trying to completly cover the situation? Because this would be a double whammy for Bw by the handling and subsequent cover up. My sub depends on what really occured here. This is unforgivable if it did. Anyone?

I was in the raid when this happened, Kiroshei's post was not a fraud. Bioware is straight out lying to everyone to cover their rears. I am utter astounded that they are actually publicly calling one of their subscribers a liar when there was about 20 other people in Hoth and in the raid that witnessed it. I actually have a trouble ticket open with CS from lastnight when it happened.

Just another example that shows how messed up it is at Bioware. Lying directly to all of its customers on a public forum. This company is a complete joke, stay away from this game and pretty much anything Bioware releases.

Hi all,

You can find an update about this matter by our Associate Online Community Manager Joveth Gonzalez right here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4472438#post4472438

Our internal fraud team has confirmed that this is fake and we are closing this thread. Kiroshei has been actioned against accordingly. As per our forum rules, fake reports of this kind will not be tolerated.

With that information in mind, we are now going to go ahead and close this thread.

Thank you for your understanding!