1.3 on Test Server in "a few weeks"?

Coldin

How anyone can say this doesnt pertain to updates is beyond me. He is talking about the updates not some spontaneous events. He talks about 1.2 as an update and says the scope will be "unimaginable". 1.3 doesnt really have any content its just subsystems. So where are the huge scope updates every month?

Hmm, this quote does give the impression he's talking about monthly updates. If that's the case, and he's talking about large updates, then I believe he's been very naive about what they're capable of.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, this quote does give the impression he's talking about monthly updates. If that's the case, and he's talking about large updates, then I believe he's been very naive about what they're capable of.

Looks like that to me also. 1.3 is not a huge update. It doesnt bring anything but some subsystems to the game. There is no FP, operation, WZ, new area, or anything like that.

You're all naive if you think he meant big updates of any sort.

I don't think he knew what he meant, he was probably reading a cue-card.

When I read every month when he originally said it I was thinking "Its really hard to put out big updates every 30 days I wonder if he knows this...".

From http://www.swtor.com/info/news/%5Bnews-category%5D/20120525

Wait. A few weeks? Really?

Doesn't that mean 1.3 might not be coming out until sometime in July? At the earliest? That seems pretty insane.

Frankly, I don't know what to even say about that. I'm just kind of shocked.

No it means they don't have an actual date finalised but it could be quite soon. Its company speak for "about a week if all goes well but I'll say 'a few' just in case we hit a problem".

The bottom line is that the build on PTS is older than what's on Live. They hotfix and patch straight to Live and leave the PTS alone. This is not "normal" for MMO test servers. But I don't think things are normal at BioWare right now.

Aww too bad my sub will run out by then.....guess BW doesn't care about keeping customers.

That, pretty much that. My free time runs out in 9 days, I haven't been playing for a month now, it's time to uninstall and ne... right look back again in 6 months or a year to see if there's anything worthwhile. Dead server, some ****ed up patches but it was a nice run for a while(arguably a VERY short one...).

From http://www.swtor.com/info/news/%5Bnews-category%5D/20120525

Wait. A few weeks? Really?

Doesn't that mean 1.3 might not be coming out until sometime in July? At the earliest? That seems pretty insane.

Frankly, I don't know what to even say about that. I'm just kind of shocked.

A few weeks to test, another few weeks to patch be live. So more than 1 month with the same old sh**t with very low population servers. With 20 players at rep side and you can't do anything. Man i'll not wait for this patch to get my char transfered. Already unsub this game, it's a pitty, but the DEV team is making us fools. Theyn should already merge servers.

A few weeks to test, another few weeks to patch be live. So more than 1 month with the same old sh**t with very low population servers. With 20 players at rep side and you can't do anything. Man i'll not wait for this patch to get my char transfered. Already unsub this game, it's a pitty, but the DEV team is making us fools. Theyn should already merge servers.

Its going to be on test I hope at least 2-3 weeks. Add in the 3+ weeks (a few is not 1 or 2 its 3+) until it makes it to PTS and we are looking at July at the earliest before it goes live. This is all assuming nothing goes wrong.

Edited by Leggomy

Hi Bioware we need you to rush and release another buggy patch because if you don't I won't have anything to complain about. No pressure though!

i do'nt care about patch. This patch could be next year. What is a joke is have 122 US servers and you can only proply play in about 10 while the other players in the 110 servers is left alone. I don't mind if this game have no patch for a year as long it had merge or transfer, this is what should have since more than 4 months.

Looking for those ghost servers the name of the game should change for "Left for dead"

Edited by Meluna
language

i do'nt care about patch. This patch could be next year. What is a joke is have 122 US servers and you can only proply play in about 10 while the other players in the 110 servers is left alone. I don't mind if this game have no patch for a year as long it had merge or transfer, this is what should have since more than 4 months.

Looking for those ghost servers the name of the game should change for "Left for dead"

And if it releases and you transfer and say loose stuff then what? I think wr need to let BW do there job right btw transfers are coming in the patch so yea I bet you care about that.

Edited by Meluna

And if it releases and you transfer and say loose stuff then what? I think wr need to let BW do there job right btw transfers are coming in the patch so yea I bet you care about that.

There would be no reason to lose anything. All they have to do is copy the character and then leave them both until they verify. Worst case they restore from a backup.

As they need to do their job right they need to let us play proply the game, cos' we paid for it.

And by the way, i don't give a dam* about 1.3, already unsub. Bioware is showing a lousy costumer service.

its a shame but i was forced to get out this game, now i am waiting for guild wars 2. And i bet a lot of players will "transfer" to guild wars too.

That's the common statement made by the type of MMOer who really shouldn't be anywhere near a MMO launch. I call them the "One-year MMOers", MMOers who really should wait until a MMO is a year old before playing it.

But, they're at the launch of every MMO complaining about the same things on every MMO's forum, that the game isn't a year old yet.

..this..

The bonus thing is that they only need to copy about 20 level 50's over to the PTS to get a realistic simulation of a live production server!

There are plenty of 50's on the PTS already. At the moment, they don't have much to do.

I hate it when American companies use seasons as timeframes. Early summer for northern hemisphere equates to early winter in the southern hemisphere right? Wrong, for us winter officially starts on the first of June so your early summer roughly equates to our mid-winter. It is much easier when they talk in more standard untis of time as it reduces confusion.

I hate it when American companies use seasons as timeframes. Early summer for northern hemisphere equates to early winter in the southern hemisphere right? Wrong, for us winter officially starts on the first of June so your early summer roughly equates to our mid-winter. It is much easier when they talk in more standard untis of time as it reduces confusion.

they dont have a specific date thats why the vaugness.

They are still missing critical elements. The only reason this is being pushed back is because of new operation and flashpoint content. We are barely running what we have. Instead of all this ridiculous content we won't get much use out of, how about making 1.3 focus on new mechanics we direly need for this game to stay afloat, especially amongst all the people quitting the game.

Server transfer technology (if it is free) and LFG interface is a good start, but we need far, far more in able to make the content we have even really playable. Things like dual specs are a must. I'd even argue that, at this point, cross-server content would be far better than not having it, as servers are dying and being able to group up for group content cross-server would be ideal. I mean, we might as well face it -- with all the players quitting, and 90% of the content in this game being single-player, server communities are almost non-existent as it is.

This is my opinion, not really on 1.3 but the game in general. Things need to change or this game will continue going downhill, and eventually hit rock bottom.

PS: You will be able to tell what Bioware's intentions for the future of this game are in whether there are free server transfer options or not. If there are not, you can tell they are very likely just milking this game now, if there are, they are genuinely trying to get things back to normal. Wait and see, my friends.

Edited by TheRealBowser

True the should have said sometime between June 21st and halfway to September 21.