when do we get 16, characters slots

IMHO, I see no reason for 16 characters...

4 classes with 2 AC each = 8 different classes (more or less).

Having a Jedi Sentinel and a Sith Maurauder seems redundant, it's not like it affect the class story. Unless they add new classes 8 seems like more than enough.

That is...unless your that hardcore and are playing each class with both genders...but I don't see that changing the game much, I'm sure both actors read the same lines. Only difference I can see is the romance options...

Having a Jedi Sentinel and a Sith Maurauder seems redundant, it's not like it affect the class story. Unless they add new classes 8 seems like more than enough.

That is...unless your that hardcore and are playing each class with both genders...but I don't see that changing the game much, I'm sure both actors read the same lines. Only difference I can see is the romance options...

Well, no-one would force you to fill up all sixteen slots any more than the eight currently available, so you wouldn't lose anything from more character slots being available, would you? :rolleyes:

As for story, some people like to play both genders and both sides of the story (dark/light), so there is definitely a call for at least sixteen slots.

Some of us want to play through each class story twice, once as LD once as DS. I agree that we need more slots.

Well, no-one would force you to fill up all sixteen slots any more than the eight currently available, so you wouldn't lose anything from more character slots being available, would you? :rolleyes:

As for story, some people like to play both genders and both sides of the story (dark/light), so there is definitely a call for at least sixteen slots.

Some of us want to play through each class story twice, once as LD once as DS. I agree that we need more slots.

Probably bad timing with the recent, "SWTOR has bad replayability" and "Leveling alts sucks because we have to do the same quests again" threads that have sprung up.

But, you're right, it doesn't bother me to have more slots. But I would sure love to see a screenshot of someone with 8 level 50s.

What ? You're saying that JK storyline is the same as the SW one ?

There are 8 diferent storylines. 4 for the republic and 4 for the empire. And a different AC (for different combat role) is not the only factor to roll another character, you know.

We have 8 stories, 2 genders, 2 alignments. Plenty of options. Many say this is a game that encourages making alts, so if you do the math, 8 slots could be little in the mid/long term.

What ? You're saying that JK storyline is the same as the SW one ?

There are 8 diferent storylines. 4 for the republic and 4 for the empire. And a different AC (for different combat role) is not the only factor to roll another character, you know.

We have 8 stories, 2 genders, 2 alignments. Plenty of options. Many say this is a game that encourages making alts, so if you do the math, 8 slots could be little in the mid/long term.

When did I say that the JK story was the same as the SW one...? I'm not against having 156 slots...I'm just saying I doubt anyone would fill it with 156 lvl 50s... You could play every story in the game and every AC in the game if you used your 8 slots wisely.

But if you want to have 2 Jedi Sentinels and 2 Sith Marauders using both genders then...be my guest. And if you want each Sentinel and Marauder, plus LS and DS, plus both genders also be my guest...

How many lvl 50s do you have now btw?

I am one of many unfortunate players that is on a PvP server that at peak times has well under 100 players total. PvP is non existent. So while I wait for 1.3 I am exploring all of the content I can. I love it!

The story lines are great and I would love to see 16 slots so that I can get it all! I currently have every slot filled but sadly only have 1 Empire toon. So yeah! Sign me up!

:)

When did I say that the JK story was the same as the SW one...? I'm not against having 156 slots...I'm just saying I doubt anyone would fill it with 156 lvl 50s... You could play every story in the game and every AC in the game if you used your 8 slots wisely.

But if you want to have 2 Jedi Sentinels and 2 Sith Marauders using both genders then...be my guest. And if you want each Sentinel and Marauder, plus LS and DS, plus both genders also be my guest...

How many lvl 50s do you have now btw?

You said having a sentinel and a marauder are redundant because they don't add to the story. They would be redundant only if you ignore the story alltogether and ignore the different faction and your only factor to roll an alt is to explore another AC.

Trying a different AC is not the only reason to roll an alt. There are more. Doesn't mean you have to make all the combinations possible. That's why I said 8 slots could be little on the mid/long term.

Also, no need to level those toons to 50 to be useful. You can use level 20s to have them as banks. Players do this. Not rich guilds do this.

I have two 50s atm.

You said having a sentinel and a marauder are redundant because they don't add to the story. They would be redundant only if you ignore the story alltogether and ignore the different faction and your only factor to roll an alt is to explore another AC.

Trying a different AC is not the only reason to roll an alt. There are more. Doesn't mean you have to make all the combinations possible. That's why I said 8 slots could be little on the mid/long term.

Also, no need to level those toons to 50 to be useful. You can use level 20s to have them as banks. Players do this. Not rich guilds do this.

I have two 50s atm.

Jedi Sentinel

Gunslinger

Comando

Jedi Sage

Sith Juggernaut

Imperial Operative

Powertech

Sith Assassin

That's what I meant about playing every class story, and every AC, it is possible with 8 slots.

As for creating characters for any purpose other that actually playing with them (mules, banks, etc...) I'm pretty sure that's not playing as intended...

Either way, like I've said many times; I'm not against more slots, I just wouldn't have thought people needed so many characters on one server.

What in earth would you do with 16 characters?

Bleah, read that wrong. Anyway, with 16 characters you can have one of every AC on each side and take advantage of your legacy for all of them.

Edited by Neamhan

If they go free to play, they will likely implement extra character slots for $$$.

I don't think increasing character slots is high on their list of things to do.

First they have to try to fix the game and stop the massive sub bleed-off.

I already have 16 toons across 3 servers... And the game does encourage making alts. The real key here is legacy; had I known Legacy may be such a factor initially I would have wanted more slots also. I don't play Imps and Pubs on the same realm and as such I'm losing a ton of legacy bonuses.

Jedi Sentinel

Gunslinger

Comando

Jedi Sage

Sith Juggernaut

Imperial Operative

Powertech

Sith Assassin

That's what I meant about playing every class story, and every AC, it is possible with 8 slots.

If that works for you, that's great. It doesn't have to be for everybody. There's more than the AC.

As for creating characters for any purpose other that actually playing with them (mules, banks, etc...) I'm pretty sure that's not playing as intended...

Either way, like I've said many times; I'm not against more slots, I just wouldn't have thought people needed so many characters on one server.

Whatever their intetion is, how people are "supposed" to be playing their characters, I'm glad that you can play them in whatever way you want. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.