Trading up Commendations

Tautha

Had a quick look, but couldn't see this anywhere else.

Would it be possible to include a system for 'trading up' commendations?

I'm frequently leaving planets with anything between 20 - 50 commendations that

are redundant. The mods for that planet are too low by the time I move on, and my

alts manufacture better parts anyway. It's not like you can purchase stuff to kick back

to lower chars either because 'specialty goods' etc are BOP.

Couldn't we have something like maybe a 5 - 1 rate - say 5 Balmorra comms for 1

Nar Shaddaa or something. would free up an awful lot of commerce I'm thinking.

I agree to this. I still got like 1 or 2 commendations in my Currency tab from when I was leveling. But now they're obsolete. If I could trade them in to a higher tier or a lower tier for that matter, I could use them to buy lockboxes and get some small profit from their contents

Funnily enough, something like this used to be in beta (along with flashpoint commendations, another thing that I sorely miss), it was possible to convert unused Tython and Esseles commendations into Coruscant commendations (at a ratio of about 3 into 1, if I remember correctly), and to this day I still am not sure at all why this feature was removed.

Funnily enough, something like this used to be in beta (along with flashpoint commendations, another thing that I sorely miss), it was possible to convert unused Tython and Esseles commendations into Coruscant commendations (at a ratio of about 3 into 1, if I remember correctly), and to this day I still am not sure at all why this feature was removed.
Because the system resulted in eliminating the purpose of commendations. Overwhelmingly people were simply trading up their commendations, never using them to buy equipment.

Well eventually you'll run out of stuff to trade, heh.

But at least I'd like to see a reinstatement of Flashpoint commendations so you have a way of getting Flashpoint gear without a random drop. Especially seeing how I've had several runs where for whatever reason all the Blue drops were for one class and one class only. At least with the commendation system you'd feel you were getting any closer to that coveted chestpiece or whathaveyou.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.