Wow BW, are you seriously going to ignore the population problem?

vinceng

Dear BioWare, last i remember we are all paying customers, are you seriously going to ignore the population problem here? and not deal with all the dead servers like NOW? i just came out of a non population server, and i'm telling you guys its not fun, this is not a game, this is like work... please please please please please please do something about it, you want money, let me throw some money to your face and let us transfer, At least do something about it... Omg.

This is getting crazy! i stocked with the game for so long waiting and believing you guys won't let something happen to a game you guys dumped so much money on to, but i guess i was wrong. Stupid move btw.

Seriously?

I guess you're one of those that aren't satisfied with the answer "server transfers will arrive early summer".

I believe the actual term used inside BW/EA is 2-3 subscription crits.

Edited by ShadowAxx

Seriously?

I guess you're one of those that aren't satisfied with the answer "server transfers will arrive early summer".

Probably because playing an MMO by yourself would get boring and saying "soon" over and over while the low pop servers have dwindled to almost nothing isn't helpful. This problem shouldn't even have happened the need for is not exactly unprecedented.

They are expected to anounce all the details for server transfers/mergers this week. We get it, they effed up by not having a server transfer system ready for what is a common occurence in post launch MMOs. Bad BioWare. But the fact of the matter is they are coming and most likely in the next 2-3 weeks. Id rather have it done right then rushed and have just massive issues with lost gear and even more downtime becuase im naked and cant raid or pvp. So do us all a favor and stop with these we need it now post. Oh and by the way dont be shocked if there are issues with names or coin or tittles. There will be bugs. If you cant handle anything I said then dont play new MMOs. These are the same problems all games have.

Probably because playing an MMO by yourself would get boring and saying "soon" over and over while the low pop servers have dwindled to almost nothing isn't helpful. This problem shouldn't even have happened the need for is not exactly unprecedented.

Well it happened. Crying over what shoulda and coulda happened in the past is pointless.

Posting these daily rants isn't going to make the transfers happen any sooner. And I'm beginning to suspect these posters are all gold seller accounts.

Well it happened. Crying over what shoulda and coulda happened in the past is pointless.

Posting these daily rants isn't going to make the transfers happen any sooner. And I'm beginning to suspect these posters are all gold seller accounts.

I bet that the 400,000, probably a lot more by now, that left are all gold farmers in your mind as well.

I bet that the 400,000, probably a lot more by now, that left are all gold farmers in your mind as well.

Nope. I suspect them of being MMO nomads, content locusts, and those who just don't like this sort of game.

Well, you have to understand that the SEA servers got their transfers already, why not all of us?

And you have to understand that those accounts had to be handled manually. That small population made it possible to do. The larger (by orders of magnitude) population of NA/EU has required more automation...which takes coding...which takes time.

Glad I could educate you on this matter.

Edited by Cerion

Though I am excitedly waiting for this and hoping it will clear up some of the population issues, you may want to note that it WILL NOT get here any faster the more you cry about it. If you want to make a statement, un-sub. otherwise, shut up and do something productive in the meantime. Edited by BlownSi

This ^^

Yeah, complaining about the state of things is pretty pointless, but not as pointless as complaining about complainers.

I'm sorry, but what part of "it's now our top priority" and "coming early summer" gives you the fresh impression that Bioware is ignoring the population problem? I say fresh because clearly this is a new opinion you've come to. Otherwise you might have noticed that there are already 18,000 threads saying this exact same thing. Number 18,001 is obviously going to make them work faster.

You mean the underpopulated servers, caused by having too many servers, caused by people early game crying about queues?

Maybe they've learnt a lesson, don't cave into people's constant whining about the same thing and do what you planned to do as you're going to get the blame anyway.

You mean the underpopulated servers, caused by having too many servers, caused by people early game crying about queues?

Maybe they've learnt a lesson, don't cave into people's constant whining about the same thing and do what you planned to do as you're going to get the blame anyway.

Blaming the customers for opening too many servers is a great idea. Have to try that out in work myself when i make a mistake.

Hello everyone,

We encourage you to please take a look at this recent post from Joveth Gonzalez

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4397408#edit4397408

Hey folks,

I just wanted to clear up some things and let you know that we are listening and that more information regarding Game Update 1.3 will be coming soon. We’re in internal testing on the major features right now, and we’re getting closer every day to deploying Game Update 1.3 to the Public Test Server – but we can’t guarantee there won’t still be hurdles. We’re also working on several new developer blogs about Game Update 1.3 that we know you want to hear more about (including one about character transfer details). We know that you’re looking for specific details, but we want to avoid releasing any information that is incomplete. Rest assured that we are absolutely listening and are working to bring you the information you want.

We appreciate your discussions here on the forums and we’ll try our best to step in wherever we can (and we’re always here reading, gathering your concerns, and passing them on internally), but there will be times when we really can’t say anything. As a result, you’re going to be hearing a lot of “soon” and “we’re working on it” because that’s as specific as we can get right now. When we can get more specific, we will. If we’re quiet, it doesn’t mean we’re not listening and it certainly doesn’t mean we’re not working to bring you more information – our goal is to always bring you accurate information as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience as our developers continue to work diligently on maintaining the quality of Game Update 1.3 and releasing it to you soon.

We have several tools available to help everyone track the latest updates from our development team. The first is our Developer Tracker, which lists the latest posts from developers, as well as our Community Managers and Coordinators.

Secondly, our Community Blog hosts news, maintenance reminders, and in-depth posts from developers as well. We encourage you to please check out both frequently for the latest updates.

As we already have several threads for discussion of the various aspects of this topic, we're closing this thread in the interest of consolidating discussions. We encourage you to join the existing discussions about this topic in the following threads:

Hello Anyone Home Hellooooo *Knocks on BioWares Door*

Server population is dropping

When will there be a SERVER MERGE?

FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

Thanks!