Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Will You Trust Bioware Again?

iheartnyc

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's a generational thing but it seems we have a lot of players who sit around and say "Entertain Me, I'm Bored"

I know the low populations suck and not having a group finder sucks BUT for people who have a little imagination the game can be fun.... For example you can talk to the people who have stayed and try to get people to combine guilds in order to do OP runs and HM Flashpoints.... You can also hook up with the other faction and create open world PvP by agreeing on a time and planet to fight each other...

For all the "sandbox MMO's are so much better" well this is what you had to do in a sandbox MMO, you had ot create your own entertainment with the tools you have....

It would be nice if Bioware would just put some bases on Ilum that you can capture for us to fight over, heck have bases on other planets also to help generate open world PvP.... but even without that stuff you can still have some fun IF you use your imagination once in awhile and actualy talk to other people on your server....

Bioware will always remain in my gaming heart.They are the best and could have become just as great or even the best entertainment company in the gaming history.EA? F*ck them and all their future products.Even if God steps down from the heavens to develop a game i and everyone i can convince will not buy another EA published game.Period.

Yeah ! KOTOR the best RPG i have ever played. Then they sell out for a profit and we get this.

EA is the Borg of companies, resistence is futile, you will be assimilated !

But in the end i blame the developers in charge at bioware for wanting to make a wow2.

Pretty sure EA gave bioware free hands on this title.Problem is LUCASARTS not laying down the

law on how a STAR WARS MMO should be.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Yeah ! KOTOR the best RPG i have ever played. Then they sell out for a profit and we get this.

EA is the Borg of companies, resistence is futile, you will be assimilated !

But in the end i blame the developers in charge at bioware for wanting to make a wow2.

Pretty sure EA gave bioware free hands on this title.Problem is LUCASARTS not laying down the

law on how a STAR WARS MMO should be.

Problem is LA DID lay down the law of how they wanted this MMO to be. And I can assure you, they did not want the risk of breaking the MMO mold after the SWG fiasco. Make no mistake: creating an MMO that doesn't have typical MMO features and familiarity is a HUGE risk in this industry.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Problem is LA DID lay down the law of how they wanted this MMO to be. And I can assure you, they did not want the risk of breaking the MMO mold after the SWG fiasco. Make no mistake: creating an MMO that doesn't have typical MMO features and familiarity is a HUGE risk in this industry.

I agree Lucasarts tried to make SWG into a WoW game back then, but turning a sandbox game into a theme park game was a disaster... this time around they had Bioware make it from the ground up as a WoW clone...

Lucasarts used to take risks and make some original stuff back in the 90's.... But since the 2000's they have gotten these guys in upper management who just want to try and copy other hit games with a Star Wars skin on them... I wish Lucasarts would go back to the 90's and actually create new and original content like they once did..

I agree Lucasarts tried to make SWG into a WoW game back then, but turning a sandbox game into a theme park game was a disaster... this time around they had Bioware make it from the ground up as a WoW clone...

Lucasarts used to take risks and make some original stuff back in the 90's.... But since the 2000's they have gotten these guys in upper management who just want to try and copy other hit games with a Star Wars skin on them... I wish Lucasarts would go back to the 90's and actually create new and original content like they once did..

I'm sure Lucasarts would love the freedom afforded by the 90's economy, too.

Not necessarily. The docs are still calling the shots, or they wouldn't be there.

But EA has the authority to fire them, liquidate their company, and sell of their IPs to third parties. The Docs are little more than figureheads anymore. The real power rests squarely with EA and their whims.

So after they turned SWG into WoW and killed it by doing so, they decided to create another MMO from scratch based on WoW a second time and expect success.

Now that is good business thinking! Respect!

The underpants gnomes from South Park make more sense.

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

But EA has the authority to fire them, liquidate their company, and sell of their IPs to third parties. The Docs are little more than figureheads anymore. The real power rests squarely with EA and their whims.

I kinda see it this way too. To me it seems that EA rushed this game to market to get their Christmas numbers up. I wonder what game they will ruin next year to get their numbers up. :rolleyes:

EA is not making game decisions, just fiscal decisions. BioWare is making the game decisions. That's what matters in the scope of this thread, I think.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

EA is not making game decisions, just fiscal decisions. BioWare is making the game decisions. That's what matters in the scope of this thread, I think.

Until one slack-jawed EA exec gets a wild hair and thinks up some boneheaded feature for TOR. There's legitimate separation and decision making, then there's under-the-table shenanigans that don't get reported.

The only ones who have more unspoken power over this title than EA is Lucasarts as the license holder.

Edited by Bluerodian

Trust them well probably not. This is what happenes when ea gets there hands on a game. Warhammer?? The entire problem with this game is it should have been a single player game with co-op 4 player groups only, and I think it would have been much better recieved. This is what happens when somebody does not understand mmo's and tries to make one.

Who probably wants Gundans as playable race and smugglers ability delay to be increased so they don't shoot first! :eek:

Yeah. I can see things like that. An extreme example of what I'm referring to:

Lucasarts rep calls Bioware: Hi! A great idea came down from Lucas. He wants all Sith characters to have a button that causes them to go in to a dramatic pose and scream NOOOOOO. He also wants it to happen after major events in the character's story.

Bioware Dev: Um....How do I put this nicely. That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Lucasarts Rep: Oh? Well I've been authorized to tell you that if you don't, we're going to indefinitely withhold approval of that expansion proposal your company sent us.

Bioware Dev: What?!?

Lucasarts Rep: No button or no expansion.

Bioware Dev: *sigh* Fine.

Lucasarts Rep: That's better. No button, make it snappy.

Bioware Dev: We'll have it out on the next patch. ;p

Now this would be an extreme example, mind you, but I would not for a second doubt that this would happen for lesser things.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.