Is this Legit?

Avant

I've done a little research on this. The company (Frank N. Magid Associates) is a legit company. The link provided at the bottom of the email http://www.magid.com is also their website. Since these have been copied and pasted, that doesn't necessarily mean that's where the link in the email would take you. However its easy to check, just mouse over the link in your email but do NOT click on it, not yet anyway. Check the bottom of the browser and make sure the same URL appears there.

Go to their website they have a "contact us" link. Send them an email and see if it actually came from them.

Clicky clicky- That link will take you directly to the contact us page.

You can also reply to the SWTOR email included within the email.

If at any point they ask for a username and password stop speaking with them.

This. All you have to do is be intelligent and protect yourself and your account, and you can safely participate.

If something fishy occurs in the process of signing up, just quit.

As fast as threads get closed around here, I dont understand why no one with yellow text has come in here and addressed this. Its a legitimate concern the OP has thats being ignored.

haha.... so true...

On another note... I generally treat all emails or tells as fraudulent, better not to take the chance

If this is real then shame on that company for designing a legit email that mirrors every scam email down to the last detail.

What do scam emails do? They promise you money in return for personal information that they don't have. They obviously have your email address, and are asking for your name and phone number in return for $100.

It is possible it is leget but remember a couple of things, 1) you can fake email addresses and make them look real and 2) you can use legit companies links in scam emails.

Magid.com save us, you're our only hope! God, the wagons must be circled at BioFail HQ. The employees are stealing art off the walls and as many staplers as they can before the building is sold. This game becomes more of a joke every day.

IMHO, it's a scam. Why pay $100 for feedback which is just oozing from these forums?

If it's not a scam, why pay $100 for feedback which is just oozing from these forums?

MAGID ... read the forums. Dig deep and find all of the threads which have been closed. You have to be subscribed to the game to post in these forums so ALL comments are from current/past subscribers.

For as much as it might hurt, these forums represent the RAW data you need to slap BW/EA in the face, and awake them from their coma.

I'd like to know who hatched this idea of a paid group of feedback givers in NYC.

Sounds like an attempt at cherry picking feedback to be presented to company stakeholders, making sure to get the feedback story just right, so those who deserve to be fire are not fired.

Again, there is no need or merit to pay a select group of people to provide feedback on the game. Rather, such a move might even be considered just another manifestation of the anti-subscriber culture at BW/EA.

Magid.com save us, you're our only hope! God, the wagons must be circled at BioFail HQ. The employees are stealing art off the walls and as many staplers as they can before the building is sold. This game becomes more of a joke every day.

Lol bet no one is running away with the 7ft tall Darth Malgus :o

IMHO, it's a scam. Why pay $100 for feedback which is just oozing from these forums?

If it's not a scam, why pay $100 for feedback which is just oozing from these forums?

MAGID ... read the forums. Dig deep and find all of the threads which have been closed. You have to be subscribed to the game to post in these forums so ALL comments are from current/past subscribers.

For as much as it might hurt, these forums represent the RAW data you need to slap BW/EA in the face, and awake them from their coma.

I'd like to know who hatched this idea of a paid group of feedback givers in NYC.

Sounds like an attempt at cherry picking feedback to be presented to company stakeholders, making sure to get the feedback story just right, so those who deserve to be fire are not fired.

Again, there is no need or merit to pay a select group of people to provide feedback on the game. Rather, such a move might even be considered just another manifestation of the anti-subscriber culture at BW/EA.

I think this forum proved to itself that it's not a good place for rational feedback.

I think this forum proved to itself that it's not a good place for rational feedback.

I disagree... all of the raw feedback is here. Certainly you and BW/EA can continue to suggest comments posted on these forums is not representative of subscriber sentiment, i.e. just the H8s posting.

I would agree there may be a large population of subscribers which never post, however there are plenty of "reasonable" dissenters posting on these forums. Although more and more of the reasonable dissenters voices are going silent due to being ignored.

Because to collect meaningful data you need a random sample, not the self-selected minority of players that have taken over the general discussion forums.

Edited by Kthx

Because to collect meaningful data you need a random sample, not the self-selected minority of players that have taken over the general discussion forums.

Hey, a better solution would be to have MAGID use an email list of the subscribed & unsubscribed players, and solicit feedback from as many players as would reply.

Hey, another idea, have MAGID review the feedback offered by players who have unsubscribed.

Then again, maybe they are only after positive feedback, which further explains the lack of any player retention effort.

Edited by ShadowAxx

• 3 weeks later...
OP, now was it real? I got the same invitation, just here in Berlin.

Not sure it would be worth your while to pay a flight plus accommodation to NYC from Germany just to pick up $100 mate, I reckon your would be out of pocket thar!;)