Your own personal 'head canon'...

JediElf

head canon: I am a brilliant physicist with six doctoral degrees who grew up in Indiana... my physics experiment has taken a turn for the worse, so I am leaping around in time between extraordinary individuals in this timeframe to set their lives right.

huehuehue.

Edited by BlazingShadow

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Legacy began with an Inquisitor.

A Sith Pure Blood(a misnomer since they have been interbred with humans for so long) twin. He started life as a slave and would have died as one if not for his and his brothers latent force sensitivity coming out. His father knew this day would come(having some idea of the family past as carried down by his ancestors) and tried to smuggle the two out of Imperial Space. His father died during the attempt, and only one made it to republic territory at the hands of an aging Bounty Hunter/Smuggler.

His force sensitivity was revealed when he killed 3 unaware Imperial Border agents in the ensuing capture. A sith subdued him, and he was passed along to the trials on Korriban. Ironically his fathers wish had come true, as he knew if both children went to the Trials they would undoubtedly be forced to kill one or the other.

His early trials were full of anger and sarcasm. He grew on the dark side, festering a hatred for his handlers and fellow trainees. It was only in discovering the secrets of Kallig and Tulak Horde that he realized his true calling and gave his life more meaning. With Khem Val at his side, he dedicated himself (albeit a bit naively) to his new master. It was only in meeting his ancestors ghost and having his family history revealed that allowed him to avoid the many pitfalls and death that awaited him.

He made many allies during his rise to power, but more and more turned from the Sith ways, which to his mind caused this cycle of violence and death with no end. He turned more to the power of the Force as a whole, letting go ideas of good or evil. He saw the coloring of the "dark" or "light" side as something the user brought to the force, and not something the force brought to the user. Unraveling the secrets of the force, his family and forging a place for himself in the galaxy allowed him to fight his way through the escalating war with the Republic. At times fighting for, and against the ideals of the "emporer" but ultimately serving himself only.

Through his trials and triumphs he found himself seated on the Dark Council itself, with nothing but the secrets of the Force to spend his days with. He discovered through his new seat of power that his brother is alive...and somehow a Jedi Knight of the Order.

He spends his days, keeping the secrets of the Sith and the Force protected for the future to come, and ensuring his brother comes to realize the family legacy as well.

For now he provides support in more subtle ways, and ensures his brother never encounters the full force of the Sith Empire.

For who knows how they would react to finding out a member of the Dark Council itself has a brother Jedi...

My girls don't have any exes. They were all um, virgins? lol Until either the side nookie or their love interest hit it first.

They were 'good' girls...pfft. HAHAHAHAHA! Virgins, yes. Good, no. Hehehe

My smuggler bought her ship by engaging in a less-than-reputable profession, if you get what I mean. She's got "exes" all over the place.

She's a good girl now though! She quit once she had enough money for her ship.

Edited by elliotcat

My Legacy began with an Inquisitor.

For who knows how they would react to finding out a member of the Dark Council itself has a brother Jedi...

My Jedi Knight knows all about hardship and pain. He was separated from his family at a young age and smuggled into republic space at the cost of his families lives. He still bears the scars on his face to this day as a result of the explosion that helped cover his escape.

Being a Sith Pure Blood, his time in republic space has not fared overly well.

Despite being brought to the Jedi Order relatively soon after his escape, he did not find it a place of solace as was promised.

Always being doubted, looked down upon and not trusted his has been a lonely and often violent filled rite of passage.

Despite this, his handlers understood his power in the force and he strived harder than most to be the epitome of a Jedi both in his manners and actions. Being rushed to the rank of Knight rather quickly, he suddenly found himself with more freedom than he had in years and a time to reflect on his life.

He quickly realized that the Jedi order was no better than the Sith he escaped from. The heavy dogma and servitude no different in his eyes. Everything he felt he had worked to was just to fit in, and was not true to himself.

Seeing no point in the Dark or Light side, he still nevertheless maintains some core tenents of the Jedi way.

Finding himself with new companions, notably a Jedi Padawan(whom he feels was mostly given to him by the order to keep him in line/report on him) he makes his way in the galaxy to find his own place.

He often finds himself caught up in the struggles of the republic and the Jedi Order at large, but is unsure of his role in the conflict as a whole.

He finds himself drawn more and more to his Padawan, which makes his position even more difficult.

He has dealings with a Bounty Hunter known to work for the Imperials, but who has provided key support and intelligence along the way.

He spends his time tinkering with T7 and his ship, The Red Storm. He is unaware of the larger role he will play in the coming conflict, or that his brother is alive and watching out for him...

My Jedi Knight knows all about hardship and pain...

My Bounty Hunter has seen triumph and defeat.

Having found himself in the employ of grizzled Veteran Braden, he thought his winning of the Great Hunt was all but guaranteed. With the death of his friends leaving him alone on the great hunt with one gifted slicer, he almost saw those dreams shattered.

Working hard to ensure he made it into the great hunt, he received unexpected support from a member of the Dark Council. The Sith Lord had known Braden previously, and in exchange for his support he entered the service of the Dark Lord.

Fearing the worst, he was pleasantly surprised to find that all his duties required was the passing along of information and support in the form of credits and supplies to a Jedi Knight with the Republic.

Having Mako set him up with a new identity as a Smuggler from the outer territories, he easily moves between the Empire and the Republic to handle his duties for the Dark Lord Stranthi Kallig'Do.

Barring a few minor setbacks(someone stealing his ship *AFTER* he went through all the trouble of acquiring it along with his new identity), he finds himself enjoying his dual life. His time with the Great Hunt ensures his growing fame as a Bounty Hunter, and his time as a Republic Smuggler giving him some lucrative contacts and oppurtunities.

So far, he has been both the Hero and the Villian, and is content to play both sides of the War. His only difficulty being his growing attachment to Mako and him being unable to take her with him in his Republic life.

He knows little of his role in this conflict, and his importance to the two brothers who use his services.

I was unsure of the text length, so i broke that up into 3 posts. Forgive the seeming spam as a result.

My Legacy revolves around the Sith Twins, and i have worked my Bounty Hunter/Smuggler into the same person as role of ally.

I am unsure how further characters would be added.

I have thought of a Jedi Sage who becomes a rival to the Knight, who distrusts the sith blood in his veins and comes upon these shadows of support coming in from the Empire. He would spend his time trying to uncover the connection and the support.

I dont know how i would throw in an Imperial Agent. He could handle the other side of the story. Being sent by the Empire to investigate these connections on their end and coming into conflict with the Kallig'Do family as a result.

It allows me to use any other race combination as well(no more sith of course).

Troopers do not really fit into the story as a whole, nor a Sith Warrior. I may try some other storyline down the road that would work with them. But as luck would have it, neither of those classes are anything im drawn to at the moment.

“Oh, this is interesting,” Rixik said.

Mako glanced over his shoulder at the terminal, “What is? You know her?” she asked, pointing at the image of the Twi’lek woman in the display.

“Oh yeah,” Rixik replied.

Mako squinted, “Emeraldas, huh? She’s pretty. Girlfriend?”

“Something like that,” he replied.

Mako put her hands on her hips, “Something like that? Uh-huh. Come on, give,” she said.

Rixik leaned back in the chair and laced his fingers behind his head, “Pretty face, great body, a regular pulse cannon in bed—“

“Ugh, forget I asked,” Mako interrupted with a grimace, “What happened?”

“She ditched me when she found out my business,” said Rixik.

“Which was?”

“Poaching.”

Mako blinked. “Huh. Doesn’t sound so bad. She must have been a real goody-goody,” she said.

“She was,” agreed Rixik, leaning forward again in the seat to examine the listing, “which is why I’m surprised Rogun the Butcher’s got a bounty out on her.”

“Rogun’s got a short temper. Maybe she made him angry.” Mako suggested.

“Well, yeah,” said Rixik, “that’s usually why people get bounties. But Rogun wouldn’t pay this kind of money just for the hell of it. She must have caused him trouble. Personally caused him trouble. Cost him money. Cost him business. And she’s not the kind to do business with him,” Rixik turned his head to look up at her, “Or sleep with him, before you ask.”

“Sooo,” Mako began, “you want to go after her?” she asked, cocking an eyebrow.

Rixik shrugged, “If the opportunity presented itself I sure wouldn’t mind collecting.”

Mako grinned, “I could look into it, you know. If you asked nicely.”

Rixik wrapped an arm around her slender waist and pulled her close, “I always ask nicely,” he said.

She cuffed his shoulder, “No you don’t. You’re worse than Gault sometimes.”

Rixik chuckled, “Gorgeous, would you look into this bounty listing please.”

Mako cuffed him again, “Now you’re making fun of me.”

“I am not,” he said. He pointed at the terminal, “But seriously. Dig into this one a little. I’m definitely interested.”

May I just say, I love your writing style. You got Mako's speech patterns down perfectly, I could almost hear her talking. (And I love the attitude your bh has.) Great stuff!

now i'm pictureing poor torian getting jealous of blizz. My bh just loves making that little jawa happy. She brings him treats, gives him broken electronics she picks up along the way, and even gives in and smotheres him with big bear hugs. Mako usually is there right with her doing the same.

@Jiating I love how your bounty hunter and smuggler are the same person.

To the others, thanks for posting, a lot of these are getting lost in the estrogen and pillow fights, and happy fun sexy times. (though I am enjoying those as well).

My ships and crew are much more dour, (except for maybe my FTroopers ships, when they have R&R they play card games and drink a lot and regale each other with off colour jokes and tales of military and sexual exploits.)

@Jiating I love how your bounty hunter and smuggler are the same person.

To the others, thanks for posting, a lot of these are getting lost in the estrogen and pillow fights, and happy fun sexy times. (though I am enjoying those as well).

My ships and crew are much more dour, (except for maybe my FTroopers ships, when they have R&R they play card games and drink a lot and regale each other with off colour jokes and tales of military and sexual exploits.)

And men thought us female gamers who non-existent. Pfft. We find a thread about sexy fun times with a male companion and you'll get a shot of estrogen up your tail pipe. And this is only on forums. You should see how we are in RL conversations.

Yes, men, we talk about banging men and who we scored with too. Just not on a manly scale.

And men thought us female gamers who non-existent. Pfft. We find a thread about sexy fun times with a male companion and you'll get a shot of estrogen up your tail pipe. And this is only on forums. You should see how we are in RL conversations.

Yes, men, we talk about banging men and who we scored with too. Just not on a manly scale.

yep.... my ideals of equality is we get to view men as meat too, if we so please :D

...why do i want steak now

May I just say, I love your writing style. You got Mako's speech patterns down perfectly, I could almost hear her talking. (And I love the attitude your bh has.) Great stuff!

Thanks for the compliment!

I have a different one for my sith warrior, but it involves a friend's character as well (we level together) so I wanted him to preview it before I put it on forums.

yep.... my ideals of equality is we get to view men as meat too, if we so please :D

...why do i want steak now

yep...I agree on Crezelle's ideals of equality and also meat. I mean, I can also appreciate deep characters and offer sophisticated academic and social commentary on, uh, stuff. I'm not totally shallow.

...why do i want Pierce now-STEAK! Want steak. Yes. One fine red-blooded Tarisian steak that I will not describe in detail because this is a family-friendly forum.

I'm loving the vignettes here. I also love Jiating's "my BH is my smuggler" idea!

yep...I agree on Crezelle's ideals of equality and also meat. I mean, I can also appreciate deep characters and offer sophisticated academic and social commentary on, uh, stuff. I'm not totally shallow.

...why do i want Pierce now-STEAK! Want steak. Yes. One fine red-blooded Tarisian steak that I will not describe in detail because this is a family-friendly forum.

I'm loving the vignettes here. I also love Jiating's "my BH is my smuggler" idea!

exactly. IRL i'm as vanilla as they come, my bf isn't at all what i prefer asthetic wise, i'm with him for more meaningful reasons. but gosh darn it i WILL oogle and make crude she-hungry comments about that nice little rump roast over there :rak_03: and as for games.. wel it's fantasy. sure i roll my eyes at all the skimpy females in non-functioning fantasy armour out there... but i expect the same for males too!

now, about that rump roast...

exactly. IRL i'm as vanilla as they come, my bf isn't at all what i prefer asthetic wise, i'm with him for more meaningful reasons. but gosh darn it i WILL oogle and make crude she-hungry comments about that nice little rump roast over there :rak_03: and as for games.. wel it's fantasy. sure i roll my eyes at all the skimpy females in non-functioning fantasy armour out there... but i expect the same for males too!

now, about that rump roast...

Great. Now I'm picturing Quinn and Vector in those skimpy dancer outfits you can buy on the fleet, /clubdancing like a girl does for their women in the VIP section to hoots and whistles. All because they lost a bet of who could kick *** better. The husbands or the wives. The wives won...naturally. =D

Great. Now I'm picturing Quinn and Vector in those skimpy dancer outfits you can buy on the fleet, /clubdancing like a girl does for their women in the VIP section to hoots and whistles. All because they lost a bet of who could kick *** better. The husbands or the wives. The wives won...naturally. =D

...i approve of this mental image. i am pleased. greatly pleased. this is ammo for my head cannon.

Oh, Quinn. When will you realize that you're married to a player character? You're a capable kind of guy, but you can't win against us.

...i approve of this mental image. i am pleased. greatly pleased. this is ammo for my head cannon.

"Agent-"

"Vector, my love?"

"...Yes?"

"I swear by all that is holy if you don't call me by my name, or at least something along the lines of 'sweetheart, honey, baby, the ol' ball and chain, or even the wife' I will see to it that your little space ship doesn't go anywhere near my space port again."

"..."

"Anyway, you had a question for me?"

"Uh...yes. We are weary about meeting your sister on the fleet. We don't think we should have to watch our brother-in-law dance."

"What's wrong with dancing? Let me tell you, I can cut a mean rug when motivated."

"We don't doubt that, but it's what he has to wear that has us apprehensive."

"Well, my sexy hubby, you lose a bet with a sith lord, you reap the consequences."

"Remind us never to bet with you."

"Smart man." Eanealinea leaned back against the couch and puckered her lips humourously. "Now, come give me a kiss and make me a sammich. Your demon spawn is hungry again," she said, rubbing her distended belly.

Vector sighed, bent for a kiss and went to go make his pregnant wife a sandwich.

(Damn stories never go as I tell them to. She was supposed to tell his sexy butt to shut up and put the stripper drawers on.)

Ok, this is my sith warrior (Vitriol) and my friend’s inquisitor (Xathras). Vitriol’s (Varrel Umrahiel before he became sith) biography is on page 4 of this thread, about halfway down the page: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=460613&page=4

But for this vignette, it’s only important to know that he’s human and 62+ years old, depending on the length of acts 1 and 2.

There are actual spoilers this time. It occurs at the transition between Act 2 and Act 3 in the sith warrior story. I do follow the sith warrior story here, with a slight adjustment for “head canon”.

Lord Xathras lounged on a couch in the private entertainment area he’d engaged in the Stardust Lounge. Lord Vitriol strode into the opulent space like a meteor storm. Xathras snorted once and sipped a crystal glass of wine, “You look like hell,” he said with what might have been a lascivious grin. On the Pureblood’s face, it was hard to tell. “I told you Jaesa was to much for a man your age. You ought to have let me have her.”

With a wave of his hand Vitriol sent the bottle flying across the room. It crashed against the wall and exploded in a spray of glass and fragrant green liquid. “I’m in no mood for your quips, Xathras,” he growled. He circled the furniture slowly, warily, like a restless cat.

Lord Xathras merely blinked, “And you owe me a bottle of Tarul wine. Quesh not go so well, I presume?” Xathras leaned forward, “Baras finally take a stab at you?” Lord Vitriol shot a brief baleful glance at his companion and continued his slow, deliberate pacing. Xathras seemed not to notice, “It’s Nar Shaddaa now. Have some fun for a change.” His blood red eyes narrowed to slits and the questionable grin reappeared, “I’ve booked the Wet Leatheris Company for tonight,” he said.

Vitriol stopped at last and sighed, “I neither want nor need prostitutes,” he said wearily.

“Technically, they’re a Zeltron interpretive dance troupe. Though I did contract an ‘intimate performance’. You’re such a prude,” said Lord Xathras. He reclined again on the smooth upholstery, “Frankly I’m amazed sometimes that you made it through the academy.” Vitriol’s only reply was an irritated snort. Lord Xathras continued, “You know, you really ought to consider striking out on your own. Most sith with your martial bent have neither your patience nor discipline. If you’d just shed your obsession with this silly ‘honor’ concept you’d go far.”

Lord Vitriol sighed again, “You may have a point,” he said.

Xathras jumped to his feet, “Darth Baras did take a swipe at you!” he gloated, “I knew it! It’s about time. Harkun tried to kill me my first day on Korriban. Well, you survived, so that’s reason enough to celebrate.”

“Darth Baras still lives,” said Lord Vitriol, “He would not face me.”

Lord Xathras drained his wine, “That’s hardly a surprise,” he said, “you paved his way to the Dark Council with the blood of his enemies. What makes you think he’d change now and get his own hands dirty?”

“It would be out of character,” agreed Vitriol. He finally took a seat on the plush couch, but his mind was far away.

“It would,” Xathras reiterated. “Now buy us a replacement bottle of wine. Have your pick of the dancers, as many as you think you can handle,” he said as he regained his seat. Leaning in toward Vitriol, he lowered his voice to a conspiratorial whisper, “The star is a contortionist. You’d be amazed what she can do.”

Vitriol’s gaze fixed on the wine dripping down the wall where he’d thrown the bottle earlier, “I don’t need to buy my…pleasures,” he growled.

Xathras reclined again, “You’re not. My treat.” Lord Vitriol’s eyes did not change focus. “Fine then,” complained Lord Xathras, “have Jaesa take notes.”

Vitriol drew in a breath to upbraid his friend, then stopped. Jaesa. Baras had him pursue her, eliminating everything dear to her. When he finally confronted her, she was frightened and vulnerable. Stealing Baras’ support—systematically amputating his cat’s paws—would likewise unhinge him. Lord Vitriol slowly released his breath and leaned back on the couch, finally feeling at ease. Lack of purpose tied him up in knots. And there was a delicious sense of irony in what he wanted to do. He had a proposal to discuss with the Hand.

Lord Xathras cocked his head at Vitriol’s change in attitude, “You’ve something brewing. I can tell,” he said.

Lord Vitriol’s lips turned in a grim smile, “Maybe,” he said.

“You still owe me a bottle of wine,” said Xathras.

“Make it two,” he replied.

Ok, this is my sith warrior (Vitriol) and my friend’s inquisitor (Xathras). Vitriol’s (Varrel Umrahiel before he became sith) biography is on page 4 of this thread, about halfway down the page: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=460613&page=4

But for this vignette, it’s only important to know that he’s human and 62+ years old, depending on the length of acts 1 and 2.

There are actual spoilers this time. It occurs at the transition between Act 2 and Act 3 in the sith warrior story. I do follow the sith warrior story here, with a slight adjustment for “head canon”.

Lord Xathras lounged on a couch in the private entertainment area he’d engaged in the Stardust Lounge. Lord Vitriol strode into the opulent space like a meteor storm. Xathras snorted once and sipped a crystal glass of wine, “You look like hell,” he said with what might have been a lascivious grin. On the Pureblood’s face, it was hard to tell. “I told you Jaesa was to much for a man your age. You ought to have let me have her.”

With a wave of his hand Vitriol sent the bottle flying across the room. It crashed against the wall and exploded in a spray of glass and fragrant green liquid. “I’m in no mood for your quips, Xathras,” he growled. He circled the furniture slowly, warily, like a restless cat.

Lord Xathras merely blinked, “And you owe me a bottle of Tarul wine. Quesh not go so well, I presume?” Xathras leaned forward, “Baras finally take a stab at you?” Lord Vitriol shot a brief baleful glance at his companion and continued his slow, deliberate pacing. Xathras seemed not to notice, “It’s Nar Shaddaa now. Have some fun for a change.” His blood red eyes narrowed to slits and the questionable grin reappeared, “I’ve booked the Wet Leatheris Company for tonight,” he said.

Vitriol stopped at last and sighed, “I neither want nor need prostitutes,” he said wearily.

“Technically, they’re a Zeltron interpretive dance troupe. Though I did contract an ‘intimate performance’. You’re such a prude,” said Lord Xathras. He reclined again on the smooth upholstery, “Frankly I’m amazed sometimes that you made it through the academy.” Vitriol’s only reply was an irritated snort. Lord Xathras continued, “You know, you really ought to consider striking out on your own. Most sith with your martial bent have neither your patience nor discipline. If you’d just shed your obsession with this silly ‘honor’ concept you’d go far.”

Lord Vitriol sighed again, “You may have a point,” he said.

Xathras jumped to his feet, “Darth Baras did take a swipe at you!” he gloated, “I knew it! It’s about time. Harkun tried to kill me my first day on Korriban. Well, you survived, so that’s reason enough to celebrate.”

“Darth Baras still lives,” said Lord Vitriol, “He would not face me.”

Lord Xathras drained his wine, “That’s hardly a surprise,” he said, “you paved his way to the Dark Council with the blood of his enemies. What makes you think he’d change now and get his own hands dirty?”

“It would be out of character,” agreed Vitriol. He finally took a seat on the plush couch, but his mind was far away.

“It would,” Xathras reiterated. “Now buy us a replacement bottle of wine. Have your pick of the dancers, as many as you think you can handle,” he said as he regained his seat. Leaning in toward Vitriol, he lowered his voice to a conspiratorial whisper, “The star is a contortionist. You’d be amazed what she can do.”

Vitriol’s gaze fixed on the wine dripping down the wall where he’d thrown the bottle earlier, “I don’t need to buy my…pleasures,” he growled.

Xathras reclined again, “You’re not. My treat.” Lord Vitriol’s eyes did not change focus. “Fine then,” complained Lord Xathras, “have Jaesa take notes.”

Vitriol drew in a breath to upbraid his friend, then stopped. Jaesa. Baras had him pursue her, eliminating everything dear to her. When he finally confronted her, she was frightened and vulnerable. Stealing Baras’ support—systematically amputating his cat’s paws—would likewise unhinge him. Lord Vitriol slowly released his breath and leaned back on the couch, finally feeling at ease. Lack of purpose tied him up in knots. And there was a delicious sense of irony in what he wanted to do. He had a proposal to discuss with the Hand.

Lord Xathras cocked his head at Vitriol’s change in attitude, “You’ve something brewing. I can tell,” he said.

Lord Vitriol’s lips turned in a grim smile, “Maybe,” he said.

“You still owe me a bottle of wine,” said Xathras.

“Make it two,” he replied.

I like where this is going.

"Umrahiel" sounds Elvish, Tolkien-style. Is that just coincidence?

I like where this is going.

"Umrahiel" sounds Elvish, Tolkien-style. Is that just coincidence?

Pure coincidence. I liked the way it sounded and looked on the page.

But then again I have consumed vast amounts of Tolkien so it is possible the name occurs in there somewhere. If so, it was not intentional. /disclaimer.

" But age- er, our love, they ride up very discomfortingly. "

*rolls all over*

"My lord, the thong is chafing most disagreeingly. May we PLEASE wear something else?"

Draconia folded her arms and gave him wife look number seven 'do as I say or you won't hear the end of it until next year'.

Quinn sighed and stared forlornly down at the butt floss in his hands. "Yes, my lord."

>.>

<.<

What?

*rolls all over*

"My lord, the thong is chafing most disagreeingly. May we PLEASE wear something else?"

Draconia folded her arms and gave him wife look number seven 'do as I say or you won't hear the end of it until next year'.

Quinn sighed and stared forlornly down at the butt floss in his hands. "Yes, my lord."

>.>

<.<

What?

Crez points to the poor sithlord slave from across the cantina, forced to parade around in said gear, along with a slave collar. "Now see, that is a man who sings the song of utter defeat. he must have done something terrible to get treated like that. Lucky you are much smarter, so you get to wear the fuzzy briefs, with matching fur lined wrist and ankle cuffs on ladies night at the nexus room <3"

" Indeed...we...are lucky.... -.-"

" now be a good jutterbug and shake that thorax for me, that's a good boy <3"

You ladies are terrible! I've always been one to let the FTB do the dirty work...I wanted to skip to the aftereffects.

Quinn stirred before the timed lights of Ruth's cabin had reached “vaguely considering dawn” levels. He was halfway dressed before she managed to assemble a full sentence. “You’re not really getting up at this hour.”

“I always get up at this hour, my lord. It’s an ideal time to handle correspondence and review the major holonet news.”

“Have I ever told you you’re insane?”

“I don’t believe you have, my lord.” Yep, full-on reproachful tone. The man couldn’t take a statement of fact.

“Ruth. Not ‘my lord,’ not here. We went over this.”

“Ruth,” he muttered. Reluctantly, but more or less tenderly.

He looked pretty good, wrapping himself back up in his uniform; but the insides of her eyelids looked better. "See you at normal-hundred hours," she yawned, and went back to sleep.

When Ruth reached the mess, Pierce had his back to the door. He whirled when he heard her come in, gave an eloquent harrumph, and stalked out of the room.

Vette was at the counter, digging around in one of the cabinets. She turned to toss Ruth a scornful look. "Ew."

"Good morning to you, too."

"Just have to register this: Ew."

"What, I can't share the juicy details?"

"Ew."

Ruth laughed in spite of herself. "Pass the kuat fruit."