How to Solve the Mara/Sent Problem Without A Nerf

Kalifus

Anyone who is sick of the mara/sent OPness needs to just reroll a Sniper. The problem is not the Mara/sents are OP its just that the class that can counter them is not being played. I play my sniper all day and crush that class. Every class has a counter and if you want that FOTM to end well I gave you the solution.

Cuz we all play dps in this game. Maybe I like healing in this game or maybe I want to tank, guard, support and etc.

Next time you get an idea, think about it first before saying it out loud.

Well play your class but don't cry to me when you're getting pwned.

Before Marauders/sentinels are nerfed, they need to change the TTK across the board. For instance, if players properly mitigated via armor value, that would go a long way to fixing the broken aspects of the class.

A lot of the reason that sentinels/Marauders are so overpowered right now, is precisely bc they are the only class that can survive focus fire long enough that they can affect change.

I mean that its more profitable to attack the juggernaught or Powertech dps than the Marauder, even though the latter has medium armor. That's ridiculous, and has to change.

So once mitigation is dealt with, then they can look at specific things proper to Marauders/sentinels, but somehow I suspect a lot of the QQ will die down

Cuz we all play dps in this game. Maybe I like healing in this game or maybe I want to tank, guard, support and etc.

Well if you're balancing your group out with tank, heals, dps any class does well. Play as a team and shut people down.

Before Marauders/sentinels are nerfed, they need to change the TTK across the board. For instance, if players properly mitigated via armor value, that would go a long way to fixing the broken aspects of the class.

A lot of the reason that sentinels/Marauders are so overpowered right now, is precisely bc they are the only class that can survive focus fire long enough that they can affect change.

I mean that its more profitable to attack the juggernaught or Powertech dps than the Marauder, even though the latter has medium armor. That's ridiculous, and has to change.

So once mitigation is dealt with, then they can look at specific things proper to Marauders/sentinels, but somehow I suspect a lot of the QQ will die down

If you know how to focus fire then you know who to save stuns and CC's for and who not to... well at least you should, if not... well there is where your team can improve.

It would help if cover pulse didn't break down half the time. And it's not because of resolve either. It really just doesn't work much of the time, whereupon us snipers have no choice but to die horribly.

Cover pulse doesn't break down. Stop trying to use it when you are a different plane than your enemy or if they are behind an item like a sandbag or something.

Cover pulse doesn't break down. Stop trying to use it when you are a different plane than your enemy or if they are behind an item like a sandbag or something.

I don't think that's the issue. One example : I let a Sentinel jump up to me on the starting platform in Voidstar. I then crouch while he's standing in front of me and then hit cover pulse. It goes off and he's still there whaling on me like nothing happened.

It also happens out in open fields too like between nodes on Novare Coast. And funny thing is it does work frequently when there is an obstacle or they are on slightly different planes.

Lessen the way that DOTs stack (I was in a WZ where I had 3 rows of DOTs on me) and give healers the ability to cleans and prevents DOTs from applying.

You do know that one ENTIRE tree is built around DOTs right? The majority of its damage comes from two different abilities, not three. Unless you had a DOT on you from a Sorc/Sage or a BH/Trooper you did not have three from a Sent/Marauder since they only have two and they don't stack.

QQ fail.

Lessen the way that DOTs stack (I was in a WZ where I had 3 rows of DOTs on me) and give healers the ability to cleans and prevents DOTs from applying.

You do know healers can cleanse dots right?

any ranged dps would crush sent marauder they destroy my juggernaut and hes supposadly a tank even though bounty hunters kill me in 2 secs with there stupidly high ranged dps 2 on me ofc even 1 doesnt take long lol

Anyone who is sick of the mara/sent OPness needs to just reroll a Sniper. The problem is not the Mara/sents are OP its just that the class that can counter them is not being played. I play my sniper all day and crush that class. Every class has a counter and if you want that FOTM to end well I gave you the solution.

Well, there are more than two Classes in this game and I think we're all aware, that Sents/Maras do extremely well currently. Or to put bluntly: better than the others. This in itself shows, that they're over the top, or OP as you might want to call it. Now, I don't believe that all other classes are going to be adjusted to the level of another class, so it's most likely they'll swing the nerf bat. And that's probably justified.

I wonder if I have the right to call Snipers OP now?

I got my sniper to level 11 and started to PVP, I did 7 matches, won all 7, had 13+ medals each match, lead in kills most times, 1st or 2nd in damage, and 3 or fewer deaths each match....Hes level 13 now...

So does that mean I can come here and call Snipers OP, since many others love to use this logic ?

I wonder if I have the right to call Snipers OP now?

I got my sniper to level 11 and started to PVP, I did 7 matches, won all 7, had 13+ medals each match, lead in kills most times, 1st or 2nd in damage, and 3 or fewer deaths each match....Hes level 13 now...

So does that mean I can come here and call Snipers OP, since many others love to use this logic ?

No, you can't call something OP unless it kills you.

Remember the golden rule of the PvP forums: If I win, it's skill, if you win, it's luck or you're OP.

No, you can't call something OP unless it kills you.

Remember the golden rule of the PvP forums: If I win, it's skill, if you win, it's luck or you're OP.

But nobody on these forums ever gets killed. It's just one time, in band camp, they heard somebody got killed by that class. It certainly wasn't them dying, because they can beat every class easily. They altruistically are seeking better balance, to help the masses play you see.

I don't think that's the issue. One example : I let a Sentinel jump up to me on the starting platform in Voidstar. I then crouch while he's standing in front of me and then hit cover pulse. It goes off and he's still there whaling on me like nothing happened.

It also happens out in open fields too like between nodes on Novare Coast. And funny thing is it does work frequently when there is an obstacle or they are on slightly different planes.

The aoe knockback has a bubble that surrounds your character, without player collision, if they are literally inside that bubble the aoe knock misses them. I've seen it happen before.

eh us sents/maras will get nerfed, the buffs where to make the bads be able to kill stuff finaly, and pushed the good players of the class to a whole different level, The class already was semi op before 1.2 in the right hands(by op, i mean being able to 1v3 full bm geared people in Champ gear). its nuts.. Bioware made a big mistake and buffed it for the bad players who cant adapt to fast paced combat. Edited by HollowVamp

Carnage marauders need to lose at least one root, that's all I know. Don't understand all this whining about Annihilation marauders, honestly. They're the easiest of the marauders to deal with unless you're a dps operative, jugg or marauder.

Best I can tell, Carnage is nearly unkillable with a ranged class, due to an overabundance of roots and ground closing abilities and impossible to escape for healers due to the same and a lack of cleansable status effects associated with their damage..

anyone who is sick of the mara/sent opness needs to just reroll a sniper. The problem is not the mara/sents are op its just that the class that can counter them is not being played. I play my sniper all day and crush that class. Every class has a counter and if you want that fotm to end well i gave you the solution.

wow ur so helpful thanx

But nobody on these forums ever gets killed. It's just one time, in band camp, they heard somebody got killed by that class. It certainly wasn't them dying, because they can beat every class easily. They altruistically are seeking better balance, to help the masses play you see.

Lmao i love posts like this!