Where is everyone?

Koosiyh

:confused: My server feels dead. On a Friday night there are 22 people on the fleet. I want to do warzones, but waiting an hour just for one to pop up isn't very fun. I don't believe it's the Diablo 3 movement, because it was this way before 1.2 hit. After 1.2 it was good for maybe a week or 2. So disappointing. Are you guys playing something else... if so, what is it? I want fun too.

I'm on Hyperspace Cannon right now, 44 people on Imperial Fleet and we're doing just fine.

In fact, I finished my daily in less than 30 minutes today. It's not as bad as people think and I'm really glad this server still maintains itself after all that's happened.

My main's server is starting to dwindle now too. The community that is there still rocks and LFG is still active, but peak Fleet has gone from almost 200 to less than 50 in 2 weeks. I rolled an alt on Jedi Covenant and there were more players on JC's Tython than my main server had in fleet at the same time.

As vocally as I've been in this game's corner, all I can do now is focus on playing with my guild and my friends - and hope something happens to keep the game evolving. We will continue to play because TOR continues to be fun for us. But putting together server-wide events is just not possible now. :(

Edited by GalacticKegger

Well...good question? The answer however is not so easy provided.

- PVE ...people have quickly played through the main stories...some through 4, 4, even 5..characters. They are level 50 and....???? nothing to go on.

- PVP ... running the same old war zones a thousand times?? Where is the fun in that?? World PvP?? There is none.

Also...PVP in SWTOR is very much gear dependent and not skill dependent.

- RP ... the Game has (as yet) not enough features to be really immersive. Apart from Story driven killing there is little to do.

Do NOT get me wrong!! The Main Character Stories are superb... But there needs to be more then the main story for quality Role-Play. Quality Crafting for example... however, in SWTOR the crafting is mechanically and remotely done by companions.

- The SWTOR worlds and environments are not places where one wants to spend much time. Landscapes are designed to contain quests and to rush through. Colors are often drab. I mean... compare any WOW City to any SWTOR City and the difference will be GLARING. Sure they are different games and environments... however, a little more color would make a huge difference to SWTOR... Heavens! What good are benches and chairs if one can not sit down!!

As a fact... people rush through the Game....come to the end...and leave to wait for an Extension. Some will come back then and do exactly the same... rush through the game ...come to the end...and leave. There is (at this time) nothing in the Game that makes people stay. The game World is relatively small and streamlined. There is not enough to keep those who just want to PVE-Quest, nor enough for the PVP Players and certainly way too little for the PVE-RP crowd.

Things however, I hope, will improve with time. I will stick and see how things look in a year from now. By then I should have 8 level 50 Chars ...hehe.

I finally gave in and moved to the fatman. I hate the fact that I am restarting AGAIN but hey at least pub fleet had 150 players on it last night when I was on

Yeah I know what you mean. I hope you'll have lots of fun on The Fatman though.

Well...good question? The answer however is not so easy provided.

- PVE ...people have quickly played through the main stories...some through 4, 4, even 5..characters. They are level 50 and....???? nothing to go on.

- PVP ... running the same old war zones a thousand times?? Where is the fun in that?? World PvP?? There is none.

Also...PVP in SWTOR is very much gear dependent and not skill dependent.

- RP ... the Game has (as yet) not enough features to be really immersive. Apart from Story driven killing there is little to do.

Do NOT get me wrong!! The Main Character Stories are superb... But there needs to be more then the main story for quality Role-Play. Quality Crafting for example... however, in SWTOR the crafting is mechanically and remotely done by companions.

- The SWTOR worlds and environments are not places where one wants to spend much time. Landscapes are designed to contain quests and to rush through. Colors are often drab. I mean... compare any WOW City to any SWTOR City and the difference will be GLARING. Sure they are different games and environments... however, a little more color would make a huge difference to SWTOR... Heavens! What good are benches and chairs if one can not sit down!!

As a fact... people rush through the Game....come to the end...and leave to wait for an Extension. Some will come back then and do exactly the same... rush through the game ...come to the end...and leave. There is (at this time) nothing in the Game that makes people stay. The game World is relatively small and streamlined. There is not enough to keep those who just want to PVE-Quest, nor enough for the PVP Players and certainly way too little for the PVE-RP crowd.

Things however, I hope, will improve with time. I will stick and see how things look in a year from now. By then I should have 8 level 50 Chars ...hehe.

Amen, my friend. Amen.

:confused: My server feels dead. On a Friday night there are 22 people on the fleet. I want to do warzones, but waiting an hour just for one to pop up isn't very fun. I don't believe it's the Diablo 3 movement, because it was this way before 1.2 hit. After 1.2 it was good for maybe a week or 2. So disappointing. Are you guys playing something else... if so, what is it? I want fun too.

I feel for ya. I started playing SWTOR on Dec 24th and created SIX toons on The Courageous. I chose that server because it's East Coast PvE and was rated (at that time) as "Standard."

Well, that didn't last too long due to pop decline. So I rerolled on another server, then another. Same thing again. :( I finally wound up on The Ebon Hawk and that seems to have a decent pop. Then I realized that it's an RP server and truth be told, I'm not really into SW lore and I sure am not into role playing! I blame that one squarely on ME.

Anywho, most guilds on an RP server are into some serious RP and propects for finding a guild look grim so I'm enjoying soloing my truly awesome (that's "awesome" by my standards) Jedi Shadow - a toon I initially HATED, but now is my fave of all the classes.

As for "D3" - heh, have you looked at the Amazon rating? It is appalling.

Ciao

I just did bite the bullet...

Don't have the patience to wait for Char transfer.

Am afraid when transfer finally comes I can not get to the server I want

Erased all my Chars and went to the busiest Server I could find in my area.

Hope it will be okay there.

Before Diablo 3 my server was already teetering on crap population; it was adequate as long as you were in a guild. Now most everyone's guildies have left, including mine. I go in vent and they're all enjoying Diablo 3 (Amazon ratings are worthless despite my desire to the contrary). All I can do is spam fleet in the hopes that the few intact guilds that can come close to fielding an 8 man ops has a spare slot for me to run with them.

After 4 days of spending too much time in fleet, I begrudgingly bit the bullet and have switched over to the Fatman. Upon creating my character, I walk out of my BH's instance and immediately see someone with my legacy name which isn't common at all. All I could do was /emote cry every time I saw them run past me. I don't think I'll be coming back when my sub runs out, but I sure as hell am going to get my money's worth and enjoy what time I have left. Hopefully I can still get up to fifty and at least experience defeating Nightmare Pilgrim, HM EC, and maybe get my character in full Rakata. Frak you very much Bioware, frak you very much.

Hi there, Koosiyh!

We realize that server population is a very important topic of discussion with the Community right now. To help keep our forums better organized and feedback consolidated, we ask that you share any thoughts or concerns about server transfers in the existing thread, FREE Character Transfers are Coming!.

Also, here is some additional information from Dallas Dickinson regarding the timing of server transfers from a recent Weekly Q&A:

Arymono: When will character transfers be available for everybody?

Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.

Hope this helps! Thanks for your understanding.