Valnis seriously?

LanceGabriell

I want 5 minutes alone with whoever designed Valnis.

I thought class quests were supposed to be soloable...

as a defense guardian he really rips me apart. I'm blocked on him for 5-6 hours now...I'm running out of cash to buy stims. Ridicously overpowered.

you guys have any ideas?

besides 20 mins cooldown and healing.

edit: killed him but ridicously op...

Edited by LanceGabriell

Wait till you see the Next one...... took My Guild leader Level 32 and ME level 28 JG + 2 companions and we had to do it 2 times. well he had to do it a few more times till he asked for my help. in turn he had to help me kill valnis, is way Over powered And there are even trash mobs that are way Over powered on tatooine. Edited by Snakeyees

Had to get help from one of my guild members that was a few levels under me. Sacrificed a companion to get it done, but that's what they're here for. :p

Now that you mentioned it, I have noticed quite a few inconsistencies with NPCs on the planets that I traveled. (So far, up to Tat.) Some of the NPCs can dish out an insane amount of damage in a short period of time. ><

Edited by DirtyScience

Its like we have very limited range defense. Jedi guardians should be blocking a lot more with the saber than it does. I'm not asking for easy mode, but I'm spec for Defense with that in mind i feel that i should be able to even occasionally kill npcs by reflecting their shots back at them.

Is that the Master Jedi on Taris?

He is a elite sith on a class story mission on an abandoned mine. He has insane CC (guardian has no cc on elites at level 25), he does the consular abilities but on steroids...pushes you back and slams you. Won't tell more cause I will spoil story.

/sigh

8k creds + on repairs and 2-3 k on stims

Edited by LanceGabriell

He is a elite sith on a class story mission on an abandoned mine. He has insane CC (guardian has no cc on elites at level 25), he does the consular abilities but on steroids...pushes you back and slams you. Won't tell more cause I will spoil story

Ah, ok. I was thinking it was same guy I soloed on my healer lol.

(I am horrible with names.)

He is a elite sith on a class story mission on an abandoned mine. He has insane CC (guardian has no cc on elites at level 25), he does the consular abilities but on steroids...pushes you back and slams you. Won't tell more cause I will spoil story.

/sigh

8k creds + on repairs and 2-3 k on stims

Oh, that guy! I don't remember names, but that guy was hard to kill. I finally soloed him with my companion, but it took me like 7 tries. That last time I fought him, I was popping all kinds of stuff to protect me.

I'm trying to remember what level I was. I'm level 27 now, so I think I was level 24 or 25 when I killed him. When I take on a big boss, I rearrange my attack bar with a med pack, then I click the little plus sign bringing my companions bar over and I use mostly strong attacks and attacks that stun/immobilize. I always sacrifice my companion on the big guys. With you and your companion hitting and your companion taking all the damage, the boss is usually under half health and then I can finish him off.

That was a frustrating fight, to say the least.

Had to get help from one of my guild members that was a few levels under me. Sacrificed a companion to get it done, but that's what they're here for. :p

Now that you mentioned it, I have noticed quite a few inconsistencies with NPCs on the planets that I traveled. (So far, up to Tat.) Some of the NPCs can dish out an insane amount of damage in a short period of time. ><

if there are intended for group action is ok...

but class story is supposed to be soloable. I'm not asking for easy mode but that sith is too much. There goes my creds for the speeder :p

Valis has always been a nightmare. It takes luck to get through him. If he knocks you back while your force leap is on cool down then it's over for you. Energy pulse does way too much damage. The only good way to do it is to have Kira tank until she's at about 1/4 health, then taunt off of her. He's definitely a little over tuned.

Wait till you see the Next one...... took My Guild leader Level 32 and ME level 28 JG + 2 companions and we had to do it 2 times. well he had to do it a few more times till he asked for my help. in turn he had to help me kill valnis, is way Over powered And there are even trash mobs that are way Over powered on tatooine.

.... it is my observation that people are just not utilising their skills or not keeping their gear in check. A level 32 and a 28 couldn't do it together?

I'm a 29 JK Guardian in Defence and I just solo'd it, as in, just right now and remember this thread. (Solo..with companion). But I do have 7k health and 40% dmg reduction at my level, even then I could still get some more mods to insert. Other people my level aren't that well geared, not many people are, seems either they're not fussed, lazy or don't know there's so much more out there than quest loot.

easy kill no stim. lvl 24 had guard on kira and just wrecked him. used saber wars took him down the warding call. after those went away used call of the force and another saber ward. a force kick here and there to interrupt him and dude was cake

Killed him second try a few days ago. Use interrupts and cooldowns at the right time and have kira out for dps.

Tough mob, but not unkillable.

He's definitly not impossible. In fact, this was the most impressive thing about this game so far to me. The first time I fought him I only took about 1/3rd of his health down before he killed me. I didn't plan out any moves and treated him like a usual heroic. But the 2nd time I planned out how I was going to open, when I was going to tank and when I wanted to use my meds. I made sure to hit the important timings on cool-downs, and defeated him with about 1/4th of my health left. Is this difficult? Yes. Is it impossible? No. It just shows that skill can play a large roll in the game. I hope there's more of these types of fights to come.

I don't really get why people think he is so hard. I mean, it did take me 3 tries, but I admittedly was terrible the first time (derped hard and didn't interrupt him once). The second time I was just stupid (forgot to pop a health pack, I died when he had a sliver of health, and my 20 minute cooldown wasn't up).

The third time I had him figured out and took him down at about half health. I didn't have the 20 minute cooldown either since it was still down. I was level 24 btw.

Its really just standard play. Let Kira start, Taunt him off when she gets low. Interrupt him most of the time, but you don't really care if he just knocks you back (you can leap back on, and since I'm in Vigilance this actually helped me since it gave me a few seconds of defensive bonuses when I got jumped back on him). Have your CC break ready if he chokes you. Thats all you really need assuming that you have decent gear.

Dito Above,

first try he killed Kira and had me wonderinng *** from the get go, Burnded all my CDs and medpack and he got me when he was almost down.

got bak up dusted my knees, pulled Kira back out.

went in 2nd times will all my CDs locked but this time I sent kira first and forceleaped after he pushed her back, taunt away and focus on interrupting him and putting sunder stacks on him and let Kira take her revange at 5 stacks I let loose my big hitters and he was dead :)

Edited by Koga_Cedre

Tips for Guardians:

1) Make sure your wearing Heavy armor. I still run into Guardians at lvl 20+ who have mixed medium armor into their gear from quest rewards/commendation pickups without realizing they chose it over heavy.

2) Kira is a better companion then T7. Make sure you outfit her up with all that willpower gear that drops along the way. Also in boss fights make sure all her skills are active and send her in first for a couple secs.

3) USE ALL YOUR ABILITIES. Including your 20 minute ability. Guardians are all about timing your skills so you will need it. Make sure by the time your level 30 you have made Force Stasis non channelled (it works on elites unlike your other stuns) so you can pop in your oppurtune strike.

3a) Always make sure to time your force statis and interrupts for the bosses channelled skills. You time this right and the boss will never ever get his main abilities off and you'll have them on lockdown.

4) Keep plenty of medkits around and use stims. Hell I go as far as to use Bioanalysis to have the better options. Popping those high medpacs will save your life a lot.

• 1 year later...
Tips for Guardians:

1) Make sure your wearing Heavy armor. I still run into Guardians at lvl 20+ who have mixed medium armor into their gear from quest rewards/commendation pickups without realizing they chose it over heavy.

2) Kira is a better companion then T7. Make sure you outfit her up with all that willpower gear that drops along the way. Also in boss fights make sure all her skills are active and send her in first for a couple secs.

3) USE ALL YOUR ABILITIES. Including your 20 minute ability. Guardians are all about timing your skills so you will need it. Make sure by the time your level 30 you have made Force Stasis non channelled (it works on elites unlike your other stuns) so you can pop in your oppurtune strike.

3a) Always make sure to time your force statis and interrupts for the bosses channelled skills. You time this right and the boss will never ever get his main abilities off and you'll have them on lockdown.

4) Keep plenty of medkits around and use stims. Hell I go as far as to use Bioanalysis to have the better options. Popping those high medpacs will save your life a lot.

Very good points. I even did that. Including, used force push on him. Which caused him to go against the ship too.