[Guide] Reverse Engineering

Slaign

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone plz explain what is going on with RE on mods barrels etc? got a [Advanced Reflex Barrel 22] from RE blue [Reflex Barrel 22] and that from a green one! if i RE the advanced one will i have chance to get reflex barrel 23 and so on? and lets say i will get that shematic, whats the las schematic that i will probably get?

Can someone plz explain what is going on with RE on mods barrels etc? got a [Advanced Reflex Barrel 22] from RE blue [Reflex Barrel 22] and that from a green one! if i RE the advanced one will i have chance to get reflex barrel 23 and so on? and lets say i will get that shematic, whats the las schematic that i will probably get?

You'll get Reflex Barrel 23 from the trainer, just like you got 22.

You'll get Reflex Barrel 23 from the trainer, just like you got 22.

Although I'm not totally sure about Armstech, but for Cybertech you can only get up to 22 via trainer. What really sucks is that you can get a 23 barrel/hilt/armoring through a few daily commendations.

Although I'm not totally sure about Armstech, but for Cybertech you can only get up to 22 via trainer. What really sucks is that you can get a 23 barrel/hilt/armoring through a few daily commendations.

Total brain hiccup there. I believe you're correct (I'd have to double check that character's trainer to be sure, but that sounds about right to me!).

Regardless though, you cannot get it from reverse engineering a 22, to the best of any knowledge shared here. It's also not consistent with the rest of the system for such a thing to be the case.

Edited by GeekGrrly

*sigh* sad due to the stupid idea with RE system and this message "you already have the schematic". Was RE blue lvl 49 implants and got 1 purple variant and .... 3 messages that I got the design already. Oh, why did they create a system like that ....

On the side note: seems like RE is pretty random for most ppl. I am getting rather "stable" results at lvl 49 - approx 20 tries for one RE (and I believe this is not bad).

I still think they should add some sort of +%proc chance for each failed attempt. OR add some sort of buyable item that improves your proc chance (let it cost 100k, do not care, just that it should give you a good boost for that price) AND, most importantly, remove the already discovered schematics from RE list T_T

this is by no means a definitive answer, it's only 1 more of the "I can't make it happen" posts, but I'll say it anyway.

I'm a synthweaver. I really wanted to have crit-crafted rakata pieces. I have them now.

in process of making them, I have RE'd about 40 bracers/belts. I did not learn a recipe.

this is substantially more then my other (T1) failing streaks.

some time ago, there was talk of crit-crafting rakata trinkets; did we get a confirmation?

also, I'd suggest posting SSs of crit crafted saber/pistol and other important SSs in the OP.

Yesterday I saw a guy with a dark blue weapon. and I'm wondering what type of item that was. It was not the common blue from prototype/RE items, nor was it the purple from artifacts that you get from world drops or RE.

It was a color blue that I've never seen before, any ideas what the origin of this item was?

Edited by Rhaphael

Haven't seen it mentioned. You can also change the color crystal on critically crafted weapons. Definitaly a bug. But i don't know if it just doesn't show at first or flat out isn't supposed to happen. At any rate if you put a color crystal in the augment slot it will pop up the color crystal augment. It also seems the default is +endurance orange crystal.

Yesterday I saw a guy with a dark blue weapon. and I'm wondering what type of item that was. It was not the common blue from prototype/RE items, nor was it the purple from artifacts that you get from world drops or RE.

It was a color blue that I've never seen before, any ideas what the origin of this item was?

That is the PVP Battlemaster weapon. Dark blue with a black center. Not craftable at all.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu81/cameronkral/Screenshot_2012-01-07_10_47_06_883007.jpg

Swijr

Edited by Swijr

That is the PVP Battlemaster weapon. Dark blue with a black center. Not craftable at all.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu81/cameronkral/Screenshot_2012-01-07_10_47_06_883007.jpg

Swijr

I'm sorry if I wasn't entirely clear, I don't mean a dark blue visual appearance, but the name of the item (when examined on his character sheet) is dark blue. It was a gun, can't remember the exact name though.

EDIT: Hmm just checked on Torhead and it shows "Legendary" as being dark blue, that color actually matches what I saw. So that guy had a Legendary weapon? I thought those were not in game / not found yet?

Edited by Rhaphael

Bounty Hunters get a dark purple Blaster Pistol from one of their class quests.

Its color is actually just a bug since it is just an "orange"-weapon (no base stats but fully modable). I am guessing this is the weapon you saw.

Edited by Amakiir

bleh, dont know if its working as im at work and only had a min at home to upload these. I tried to put up my spread sheets i made for crafting. One is for Heavy, another for medium, armormech (only trainnables at as i have few uw learned abilities and starting a another for that,) and last one just a generic one to write down what ever. Hope it worked as i linked it by my fb account so i could actually post it today

Here

Edited by Necodreus

I read the OP but admittedly did not read all 100 pages of the thread. Have there been any reports of someone reverse engineering an Artifact base item and having it get a prefix with it? Of course we aren't talking about moving to a Legendary quality item here, but just getting a Tier 1 (Redoubt, Critical, Overkill) prefix from an item whose initial recipe learned from the crafting trainer was already purple?

Torhead suggests that it's possible to upgrade it even into the tier 2 prefixes.

http://www.torhead.com/item/3g2RUSm/rakata-combat-medics-belt

Edited by Invalid_Integral

I read the OP but admittedly did not read all 100 pages of the thread. Have there been any reports of someone reverse engineering an Artifact base item and having it get a prefix with it? Of course we aren't talking about moving to a Legendary quality item here, but just getting a Tier 1 (Redoubt, Critical, Overkill) prefix?

If I understand you correctly then yes.

I made a Redoubt version of the Primeval Battlemind Headgear, it's purple, and I'm now trying upgrade the schematic.

Linky

This is the base "blue" item that I RE'd to get the Redoubt Version.

THIS is what I'm assuming is the next tier of purple after RE'ing the Redoubt,Overkill or Critical version

Ahh yea. That's not quite the same because your base item was blue. I'm actually wondering if it's possible to take a Purple base item, RE it and get another purple item but with upgraded stats. For example, take a look at this item. The original recipe you purchase from the trainer is purple. Torhead suggests there are improved purple versions of it.

So that's what I'm looking for firsthand confirmation of.

Edited by Invalid_Integral

Ahh yea. That's not quite the same because your base item was blue. I'm actually wondering if it's possible to take a Purple base item, RE it and get another purple item but with upgraded stats. For example, take a look at this item. The original recipe you purchase from the trainer is purple. Torhead suggests there are improved purple versions of it.

So that's what I'm looking for firsthand confirmation of.

this is relevant to my interests. i'm actually getting like 4 alts all with scavenging and underworld trading to 400 so I have plenty of mats to find out.. just need lots of biometric alloy.

I see no reason why you can't. I had a base blue schematic that I bought from the trainer, Arch Savant Bracers that I made into an Artifact Grade Critical Arch Savant Bracers, then into another Artifact grade Endownment Arch Savant Bracers. Once I got it to the second tier it had [sUPERIOR] next to it. If you get an augment slot then it's [MASTERCRAFT] instead. Definitely was not a fun process though...

I hope that helps. Whether you can or not, it's gonna be a pain in the butt and very costly because of the materials.

Got some citation, or is that based on RE'ing a whole load (at least several hundred) of Premium Augments and never learning a schematic ?

Everything in this thread is based off what players have and haven't done and proven themselves up unto this point. Unfortunately bioware decided to leave us completely in the dark as to what is and isn't possible in crafting.