27 Accuracy

20 Absorption

40 Shield rating

40 Defense

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been doing the same over the last few days. The hardest part is saving up enough money to buy the mats off of auctions. I've RE'd about 100-150 myself so I'm wondering if that last recipe is bugged?

I guess it's possible that it's bugged. I'm probably up to 300 tries by now. I've seen the "you already know that schematic" message around 15 times so far. The chances of me just randomly not getting the 5th one are pretty low, but still possible.

(RE'ing Prototypes is the primary method of finding Artifact patterns. They can potentially also be found through mission skills.)

I just found an artifact purple called prototype muse leggings.. Can i reverse engineer them to learn the schematic or is there a chance i cannot learn it. Would like to know before i try thanks all that reply.

I haven't been doing alot of crafting because of how complicated i figured it was compared to other MMO's i've played. But after reading this guide im actually excited to get back in and start doing more crafting. Thanks for posting this RE guide it sure helped.

-BTW my crafting skill is Synthweaving. If there are n e tips that could help me out i sure would appreciate it.

THANX AGAIN!

a level 49 green/premium implant I can craft has crit and alacrity. All its 3 blue versions (redoubt/overkill/critical) all have crit/alacrity and some other stuff. All the purples from those 3 all have crit/alacrity etc. I do not want the alacrity. It's useless for me. How do I purge it? Is there a random chance one of my purples won't have alacrity?

So far the Critical blue one has yielded me these purples:

Supremacy (Crit/Alacrity)

Tempest (Crit/Alacrity/Shield)

Commander's (Crit/Alacrity/Power/Presence)

The ones with more types of stats have lower values.

Is it possible for me to get one with say....crit/surge?

My blues are as follows:

Critical (Crit/Alacrity)

Overkill (Power/Crit/Alacrity)

Redoubt (Defense/Crit/Alacrity)

How do I replace the alacrity? Seriously. There's no other green value to start from.

a level 49 green/premium implant I can craft has crit and alacrity. All its 3 blue versions (redoubt/overkill/critical) all have crit/alacrity and some other stuff. All the purples from those 3 all have crit/alacrity etc. I do not want the alacrity. It's useless for me. How do I purge it? Is there a random chance one of my purples won't have alacrity?

If the base item has Alacrity, all of the improved versions will have Alacrity. The improvements NEVER replace an existing attribute on the item.

If I understand this right, then I can more easily get a blue version of a green item I've crafted, but if I keep REing that green, I might get a blue that has Critical, Defense, Power, ect on it as well?

And if I RE tonnes of THOSE I have a fair chance to get a purple item with just one stat, but a rarer chance to get a purple version with two additional stats?

If I understand this right, then I can more easily get a blue version of a green item I've crafted, but if I keep REing that green, I might get a blue that has Critical, Defense, Power, ect on it as well?

Sort of. It depends on which crew skill and what type of item you're making. If it's something that's equipable (armor or weapons) it has three possible blue recipes, one each of Critical (+crit), Overkill (+power), and Redoubt (+defense). If your making mods (armor, enhancement, mod, barrel, etc) it's a linear progression of recipes...the green makes a blue with the same name which makes a purple with "Advanced" in the name...and there's no chance of getting the Critical, Overkill, or Redoubt versions of it.

And if I RE tonnes of THOSE I have a fair chance to get a purple item with just one stat, but a rarer chance to get a purple version with two additional stats?

If you're making equipable items, REing the Tier 1 item (with Critical, Overkill, or Redoubt in the title) will give you a shot at discovering a Tier 2 item with a second added stat...it will still have whatever stat was added at Tier 1...

Is it possible for me to get one with say....crit/surge?

My blues are as follows:

Critical (Crit/Alacrity)

Overkill (Power/Crit/Alacrity)

Redoubt (Defense/Crit/Alacrity)

How do I replace the alacrity? Seriously. There's no other green value to start from.

As mentioned before, you won't be able to get rid of the Alacrity. If you want Crit/Surge, though, you'll need to start with the "Critical" Tier 1 item and RE it until you find the "Endowment" version of the recipe...that has Crit and Surge....

If you're making equipable items, REing the Tier 1 item (with Critical, Overkill, or Redoubt in the title) will give you a shot at discovering a Tier 2 item with a second added stat...it will still have whatever stat was added at Tier 1...

Okay sure but how do I get the more advanced prefixes as shown below across the right side?

Here's a flowchart to help better understand:

----------------------------[ Leadership

---------------------------/- Tempest

---------------- Critical ---- Fervor

-------------/-------------\- Endowment

-------------|--------------[ Supremacy

-------------|----------------------------

-------------|--------------[ Exactitude

-------------|-------------/- Anti-Armor

Base Item -|- Redoubt --- General

-------------|-------------\- Veracity

-------------|--------------[ ????????

-------------|----------------------------

-------------|--------------[ Vehemence

-------------\-------------/- Rampart

---------------- Overkill --- Commander

---------------------------\- Expert

----------------------------[ Hawkeye

Okay sure but how do I get the more advanced prefixes as shown below across the right side?

You make and RE the middle column items. For example...

I'm an Armormech and one of the first recipes that I learned was for a "Heavy Military Belt"...it's a green recipe with 88 armor, +10 aim, and +5 endurance.

I make that recipe a dozen times and RE the belt that results from it. On my tenth try I'm rewarded with the recipe for "Critical Heavy Military Belt"...it's a blue recipe with 111 armor, +10 aim, +5 endurance, and +3 critical. If I wanted, I could keep making the green, "Heavy Military Belt" recipe and REing it until I found the "Overkill Heavy Military Belt" and "Redoubt Heavy Military Belt" recipes.

I start making many, many copies of the "Critical Heavy Military Belt" recipe and REing each belt as it's completed. On my 23rd RE attempt I'm rewarded with the "Fervor Heavy Military Belt" recipe...a purple recipe with 127 armor, +10 aim, +5 endurance, +3 critical, and +3 accuracy. If I continued making and REing the "Critical Heavy Military Belt" recipe, I'd have a chance of finding the "Leadership Heavy Military Belt", "Tempest Heavy Military Belt", "Endowment Heavy Military Belt", and "Supremacy Heave Military Belt" recipes.

Sorry if that was answered already but nobody so far was able to help me with this question.

Is it possible to obtain purple recipes via RE blue items crafted from schematics bought on global market/ obtained trought missions ?

Another issue is Grenades can't be REéd even though it says they can (ie. says this item can be reverse engineered) but when you click RE the grenades are still greyed.

Anybody know any of the details on this one? Is the "right-click to Reverse Engineer" a mistake, or is the inability to RE grenades a bug? There's clearly blue and purple grenades, how do you craft them if not through RE of greens?

I really wish the whole reverse engineering for schematics wasn't so random.. so I save up some resources, make 20 of a particular item, RE them all (very expensive) and get only 1 schematic and not the one I wanted either.. and that was just for the premium version.. crafting has been completely unsatisfying and a huge money sink for me so far.

Crafting so far = unsatisfying considering how much money i've poured into it.

I just wish there was more of a guarantee with reverse engineering, if I RE 20 items I should be getting more than 1 schematic.

I really wish the whole reverse engineering for schematics wasn't so random.. so I save up some resources, make 20 of a particular item, RE them all (very expensive) and get only 1 schematic and not the one I wanted either.. and that was just for the premium version.. crafting has been completely unsatisfying and a huge money sink for me so far.

I just wish there was more of a guarantee with reverse engineering, if I RE 20 items I should be getting more than 1 schematic.

Sorry, I think its supposed to be a money sink and there are no guarantees. lol

I'm still a little confused and was hoping someone could help me out on a question about RE bio.

I have the following:

Bio-Enchanced Reflex enhancer (green / learned from trainer)

RE the item and now I've got a Critical Bio-Enhanced Reflex enhancer which is (blue) and as such better stats.

RE on this item provided Endowed Bio-Enchanced Reflex Enhancer [superior].

My question is at some point i did a crit on the blue and gained an augment slot but the item I RE to get the Endowed (artifact) version was without the augment. If i crit the second RE (blue) and then RE that will the artifact version by default have a slot or not?

My guess is I would have to crit the artifact in order to get the slot but wanted to double check before i waste mats on the whole matter.

Edited by TaiLoQuan

Well if you consider what reverse engineering is, even in real life the results are random.

I like what it is so far. :/

I'm still a little confused and was hoping someone could help me out on a question about RE bio.

I have the following:

Bio-Enchanced Reflex enhancer (green / learned from trainer)

RE the item and now I've got a Critical Bio-Enhanced Reflex enhancer which is (blue) and as such better stats.

RE on this item provided Endowed Bio-Enchanced Reflex Enhancer [superior].

My question is at some point i did a crit on the Critical and gained an augment slot but the item I RE to get teh Endowed (artifact) version was without the augment. If i crit the second RE (blue) and then RE that will the artifact version by default have a slot or not?

My guess is I would have to crit the artifact in order to get the slot but wanted to double check before i waste mats on the whole matter.

The augment slot only occurs on crit crafting. If you RE that item, the recipe will not have the slot built in. So if you want an artifact quality item with an augment slot, you'll have to make it several times (or get lucky) until you crit the crafting of it.

Sorry if that was answered already but nobody so far was able to help me with this question.

Is it possible to obtain purple recipes via RE blue items crafted from schematics bought on global market/ obtained trought missions ?

If I understand this question, you've got a blue recipe that you got from somewhere?

As far as I know, as long as you have an actual recipe for it you can get the purple recipe (or even T2 purple) if you build and RE it enough...

If I understand this question, you've got a blue recipe that you got from somewhere?

As far as I know, as long as you have an actual recipe for it you can get the purple recipe (or even T2 purple) if you build and RE it enough...

Yes, I bought recipe on global market for blue item and was trying to obtain purple version of it trough RE. But after two dozens of failed attempts stopped :confused:

Also i can confirm that RE is totally random. With 330 armstech i menaged to get purple recipe (via RE) for lvl 37 assault cannon with just one try while im still trying to get some pruple versions of lvl 13,17 items with very little luck.

2) Have you looked at the armor/stat increases gained at each tier of RE to see if there's a reliable formula for the increase? If so we could essentially take the base item and completely predict/generate the stats of all the final RE items.

Not sure if this has been answered yet, but I've started to keep some very detailed notes on my recipes (Armormech) and the resulting bumps in armor increase gained at each RE tier. I see a pattern to it, but there doesn't appear to be a formula behind it...instead, it's based on the type of armor (Heavy or Medium) and what grade metals are used.

Grade 1 Heavy armor follows:

Increase from Premium to Prototype adds 23 armor.

Increase from Prototype to Artifact adds 16 armor.

Increase from Artifact to T2 Artifact is unknown.

Grade 1 Medium armor follows:

Increase from Premium to Prototype adds 18 armor.

Increase from Prototype to Artifact adds 12 armor.

Grade 2 Heavy armor follows:

Increase from Premium to Prototype adds 34 armor.

Increase from Prototype to Artifact is unknown.

Grade 2 Medium armor follows:

Increase from Premium to Prototype adds 25 armor.

Increase from Prototype to Artifact adds 20 armor.

I'll keep working on this to verify that all of the recipes I have follow this trend...I'm half way through my recipes and so far 100% of them stick to this.

Edited by Vrock

Not sure if this has been answered yet, but I've started to keep some very detailed notes on my recipes (Armormech) and the resulting bumps in armor increase gained at each RE tier. I see a pattern to it, but there doesn't appear to be a formula behind it...instead, it's based on the type of armor (Heavy or Medium) and what class metals metals are used.

I'll keep working on this to verify that all of the recipes I have follow this trend...I'm half way through my recipes and so far 100% of them stick to this.

Also based on type? My chest pieces, for instance, gain much more armor than a bracer.