[Guide] Reverse Engineering

Slaign

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added/edited mine to yours, in that case. I'm still hoping to finish my "all 15 purples" project, but after that I can help fill in any gaps we might have as far as your spreadsheet; just let me know what you need.

I think if we can fill in all the empty slots we'll be able to figure out the pattern for how much armor increases with each upgrade of recipe.

I've been looking on the global market too to find items to fill in some of the data....

Couple questions...

Implants from the Biochem skill

The Green 150S recipes seem to follow:

Hyperneural Skill Package (green)

---> Overkill Hyperneural skill package (blue)

---> Redoubt Hyperneural skill package (blue)

so I'm assuming there will be a Critical as well

so the schematic reverse enginering on Implants is the same? (just need confirmation)

As far as I've seen, if it follows the prefix upgrade path (Overkill, Redoubt, and Critical) it will have all three available (with enough patience and REing, that is :))

It would appear that equipable items (Armor, Weapons, Implants) follow the prefix path and non-equipable items (Mods, Augments, Crystals, etc) follow the linear path.

and the next one involves the found skematics

I purchased 2 schematics:

Tactile Mastery D (blue)

Tactile Response D (blue)

and I've only gotten Overkill Tactile Mastery D and Overkill Response D (purple)

will these also provide the other Redoubt and Critical? and then even FURTHER for the 2nd tier of stats (the +shield, +alacrity, etc)

They should since you've found the Overkill version....maybe another Biochem player can confirm?

Great, guide. I stumbled upon this after realizing many of the things I've discovered personally only opened up more questions. This has been very helpful in sorting out the prefix bit for me.

Pretty much everything I've read corresponds with my own tinkering.

I have a couple of contributions. First, I did RE a T2 purple from a blue, so I know that's possible.

Second, I have orange bracers, but I don't think they were crafted. I'm pretty sure they came out of a slicing mission reward.

My main question right now is, do orange products have any inherent stats or are the stats derived solely from the installed mods? And, are there any mods that have the expertise attribute? The idea behind these questions is in an attempt to have a custom crafted set of PVP gear.

Edited by Hydrolix

are mastercraft mods just a critical or are they a schematic from RE? made like 30 advanced mods and didn't get mastercraft, but I haven't RE them

Mods follow the linear path...so you start with a Premium recipe that can be upgraded to a Prototype recipe with the same name. If you upgrade that again it will create an Artifact recipe with "Advanced" in front of the name.

I'm not sure if it's possible to get "Mastercraft" in front of it...or what happens on a crit build of a Mod....

Second, I have orange bracers, but I don't think they were crafted. I'm pretty sure they came out of a slicing mission reward.

My main question right now is, do orange products have any inherent stats or are the stats derived solely from the installed mods? And, are there any mods that have the expertise attribute? The idea behind these questions is in an attempt to have a custom crafted set of PVP gear.

You got a schematic to make orange bracers from a Slicing mission, or you got the actual bracers themselves?

The Orange item stats work like this:

- Some do have base level stats, but those are completely overridden by the mods you put in them (though there's a bug where the tool-tip doesn't update that number correctly sometimes)

- They have a base type, which does modify the stats of the mods you put in. Meaning that Orange Light Armor will have less Armor than Orange Heavy Armor even with the same Armoring mod in it. Ditto for Blaster Pistols vs Rifles or Sniper Rifles.

- That said, two different Orange Light Armor with identical mods in them will have identical stats.

TL;DR - The stats of the orange gear is completely determined by their mods AND their type (light vs medium vs heavy, pistol vs rifle, etc)

I'm trying to get all 15 possible T2 recipes from a single starting recipe. I'm at 11/15 so far and keeping track with a graphic to mimic yours:

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2wdrp1l.jpg

P.S. Don't ask how many REs I've done to get this far. It's a lot.

This graphic was very useful in demonstrating the RE outcomes. It might be useful to add into the guide when complete.

If I'm not mistaken, an Orange Mastercrafted does get an augment slot. I can't be positive but I'm pretty sure I've done it before.

Also, though my Cyber crafter just started, I'm to the point where I can craft some ship mods. I have NOT been able to reverse engineer that mod, however. I'll be sure to keep this thread posted on what I find there with further experimentation.

Ok, so I looked at the graphic and am trying to understand why I'm not necessarily seeing the same linear type progression. In each example in the graphic the prefix adds a single previously missing stat and they build. That happened for me in the following example.

Neural Shield Gen.

+7 str

+18 end

+63 fp

Critical Neural Sh. Gen.

+7 str

+18 end

+63 fp

+6 crit

Leadership Neural Sh. Gen [superior]

+7 str

+18 end

+63 fp

+7 crit

+7 pres

So I can see that each level adds a stat according to prefix and then the next level keeps that stat and builds on it. Base stats have not changed. But then I see this.

Insensate Shield Gen.

+20 str

+41 end

+110 fp

+8 def rating

Redoubt Insensate Sh. Gen.

+20 Str

+41 end

+110 fp

+25 def rating

I have not been able to get a purple in either T1 or T2 yet. The huge bump in def rating is interesting. I can only assume it is because redoubt must be a def rating prefix, but it still seems like a large bump.

If my theory here is correct, custom pieces that get a prefix for an already existing stat may end up being epic gear at T2. I'll keep trying, but would love some commentary on this.

So I can see that each level adds a stat according to prefix and then the next level keeps that stat and builds on it. Base stats have not changed. But then I see this.

Insensate Shield Gen.

+20 str

+41 end

+110 fp

+8 def rating

Redoubt Insensate Sh. Gen.

+20 Str

+41 end

+110 fp

+25 def rating

Redoubt does add defense. From the guide:

Redoubt (+Defense)

-General (+Defense, +Presence)

-Veracity (+Defense, +Shield)

-Anti-Armor (+Defense, +Surge)

-Exactitude (+Defense, +Accuracy)

- ????

Critical (+Critical)

-Leadership (+Critical, +Presence)

-Tempest (+Critical, +Shield)

-Fervor (+Critical, +Accuracy)

-Endowment (+Critical, +Surge)

-Supremacy (+Critical, +Alacrity)

Overkill (+Power)

-Vehemence (+Power, +Alacrity)

-Rampart (+Power, +Shield)

-Commander (+Power, +Presence)

- Expert (+Power, +Surge)

- Hawkeye (+Power, +Accuracy)

A question, has anyone seen orange waist and braces? And can you crit on orange schematics and get an augment slot?

I have in the bank, orange JK-Only wrist armor (not schematic) -> Battle Expulsor's Armguards with 1 Mod & 1 Armor slot, no base stats, if that answers Q (in part)? I don't remember where from, sadly, but it wasn't a slicing mission - maybe a loot crate?

Artifice.

Confirmed Mods only have single progresion Green->Blue->Purple(see 1post).

Confirmed Wieldables can be complex progresion(see 1post).

Still need to confirm if some one can learn(with Re-ing) some saber/mod recipe not included in trainer.

Still need to confirm where i can find a orange recipe for Artifice, only on schematics or i can Re-ing?.

Thanks to Tsypo for his response.

I only read the first post, my question is the following, as there are no confirmation of RE orange (moddable gear) and orange schematics gives you blue lines in crafting window.

What would you try, continue RE green in hope of gaining the orange, RE blue, or RE purple? (I have one armor level 15 that I liked the look, but only produce blue and one purple bby RE, level 34 now).

IF the devs would give us a yes or no in the current build for being able to gain orange from RE, it would be great.

Thanks, I am crafting implants (biochem) and it should follow the complex system.

I can craft 3 different blue types but I can't seem to proc more than 1 purple type.

Yeah...you should be able to find 15 purple recipes; 5 for each blue. For Armormech it takes between 20 and 30 RE attempts on a blue item before I get a purple. For Artifice it was MUCH higher then that...