[Guide] Reverse Engineering

Slaign

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does reverse engineering the same item over and over increase odds of learning a new schematic?

For instance, if I create half a dozen Might Hilt 1 and half a dozen Resolve Hilt 1, would reverse engineering all of the Mights then all of the Resolves be more likely to grant a new schematic than alternating between the two?

I ask because I usually queue up one character making a bunch of one item and another making a bunch of another item. That means I end up with one of each in my inventory. I'm not sure if I'm shooting myself in the foot by REing them as they come.

Edited by JCinDE

Does reverse engineering the same item over and over increase odds of learning a new schematic?

For instance, if I create half a dozen Might Hilt 1 and half a dozen Resolve Hilt 1, would reverse engineering all of the Mights then all of the Resolves be more likely to grant a new schematic than alternating between the two?

I ask because I usually queue up one character making a bunch of one item and another making a bunch of another item. That means I end up with one of each in my inventory. I'm not sure if I'm shooting myself in the foot by REing them as they come.

The basics of programming randomization in a game would make this extremely unlikely for many reasons.

It would make it much more likely for there to be unexpected exploitable results in-game for one thing. Also, coders want to avoid crashes/exploits/bugs and generally don't take something as simple as randomization linked to a result table and screw it all up by adding in some kind of "relative to the previous result" type of algorithm.

RE in any order you want, I highly doubt it will make any difference in you chance of success =)

Think of it as a dice roll with 100 faces...

How many chances you have every time to get the 100 ?

Same number of chances every time... 100 chances on 1

RE is the same thing... if you're lucky you could get it on the first try...

If you're unlucky ... might be 200 tries...

EDIT : By the way I'm not saying it's a 1% chances ... I would never advance number ... You would need more than 1000s of REing to be able to put your finger on a fixed number

Edited by pSyToR

272 Artifice, 280 Archeology, 215 Tresure Hunting.

I Re-ing all things i Crafted with Artifice, at the moment with Hilt(saber Modification) i only get this.

Green -> Blue -> Advanced Purple

Always get only one tipe of better schematic, never get a critical or exceptional item, never get 2 diferent Blue schematic.

Try to Re-ing green low-lvl Sabers and Mods, but never learned new schematics

Some one can confirme this?

272 Artifice, 280 Archeology, 215 Tresure Hunting.

I Re-ing all things i Crafted with Artifice, at the moment with Hilt(saber Modification) i only get this.

Green -> Blue -> Advanced Purple

Always get only one tipe of better schematic, never get a critical or exceptional item, never get 2 diferent Blue schematic.

Try to Re-ing green low-lvl Sabers and Mods, but never learned new schematics

Some one can confirme this?

I'm not sure about Artifice... Can you give me an example of the NAMES ?

But I think this was covered by the original post...

Yes that's what I thought ... Here is the extract of the text :

The first is very straight forward. RE an item and discover a schematic for an item of higher quality with similar stats, but higher stat values. Medpacks, Stims, and Modifications seem to exclusively use this method. Certain other items also use this method, notably weapons and offhands, but these items can also use the second system, depending perhaps upon the item in question. Chances are, if your item has a prefix like Gammorian or Ithorian built into the base item name, it will use the first system. If it doesn't, it may use the second system. Most items that are equippable, including armor, many weapons, and implants follow the prefix system, which is elaborated on in great detail in this guide.

Example of the first system:

Might Hilt 2, a Premium item, will RE to Might Hilt 2, same name but Prototype, which in turn RE's into Advanced Might Hilt 2, an Artifact.

For Biochem, the Artifact level stim is re-usable, as apposed to consumed on use like the Prototype and Premium versions.

The second system is the prefix system and involves a tiered system of multiple discoveries per base item, which lead to multiple discoveries per improved item. This is what the bulk of this guide covers, as it is the most complex.

can you give me some hope?

i want a Custom armor of the Temple watch medium armor on tython, the commendation one

is that posible to get?

I guess of you're patient at some point it will...

Sorry game just started not everything can be accessible right away...

I guess of you're patient at some point it will...

Sorry game just started not everything can be accessible right away...

ty for the hopes, but how do i get it keep doing underworld grade 1 misions or i reverse engineering of an epic item?

Edited by NyyuSecura

ty for the hopes, but how do i get it keep doing underworld grade 1 misions or i reverse engineering of an epic item?

If you can find Orange Items through REing is still some mystical subject... I don't remember getting any Orange so far from REing all the ones I have are from patterns that Slicers gets from time to time... And from the guide it says that it's from rare crit missions in Underworld Trading... So not sure about that

Thanks a lot for your guide !!! I try to keep updated on your guide !!!

For the ORANGE ITEM REing ... what I found is that an ORANGE item as it is is NOT REable... You can only RE an item with mod inside it...

How I found it ?

I had an Orange Items in my inventory that had Mods in it and I could RE it... I needed the mods in it... once remove... BANG can't RE anymore...

I haven't got any other Mods yet so I can't do the test if any kind of items works...

Also... The other possibility i see is that it's gonna RE to the item level ... I have yet to try that out...

I'll come back to you if I have some mats to waste (hehehe) and some good Modders friend to help me out with that !!! Maybe we'll find some new informations soon !!!

I'm a lv400 cybertech at dark reaper and in regards to the tier1 to tier2 reverse engineering, it appears that either there's a fixed amount of reverse engineering each recipe can obtain or I just have rotten luck because I've already gotten the system message of "You have already know that schematic" twice.

i've been reverse engineering Critical Hyper Accelerated Awareness Chip for about 2 days, mats etc I have made somewhere around 30-50 pieces of blues and reversing every single one of them and I have obtain Tempest and Supremacy model, in addition to twice you've learned bla bla bla.

Supposing that bioware's "discovery model" included the already learned model, then we're all in some kind of rotten luck, because when you're after that one most useful prefix for dps which is Fervor >.>

I really liked the pros & cons section about a skill (armorsmithing). I may have missed something but is there something similar concerning the rest of the skills?

Or any useful links to other experienced players' advice, perhaps?

Thank you for a nice guide!

Has anyone tried to RE the cybertech's droid and ship upgrades yet?

I seen purple crafted ship uppgrades on the GTN so they do exist.

A question, has anyone seen orange waist and braces? And can you crit on orange schematics and get an augment slot?

What happens if the item already has the stats?

Hyperaccelerated Resistance Module (Earpiece) is a green recipe with Accuracy and Defense rating on it already, will I get higher stats if I can RE the right prefix or will I just be unable to get those prefixes?

Edited by KaiHeilos

I seen purple crafted ship uppgrades on the GTN so they do exist.

A question, has anyone seen orange waist and braces? And can you crit on orange schematics and get an augment slot?

There are purple ship upgrade schematics out there on the GTN though, so I wouldn't assume the purple upgrades came from RE, most likely the grade 2/4 ship upgrades are blue only and the higher grade ones are purple only. I make the grade 2 blue ship upgrades frequently, and I don't recall being able to RE them, but I may not have really checked/tried.

I haven't seen orange belts/bracers (the Social/Security vendor sets don't include them) nor have I seen an orange with an augment, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. In theory they should...

Yours wasn't editable, so I created a new doc with your info and my info together. Anyone can edit it...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aitp7DTgW8RgdGNjNmx4b3V3RzJzdExBcC1LcWNwaGc

The numbers for your Heavy armor match my numbers...it looks like Belts, Boots, and Waist pieces all have the same increase while Legs, Chest, and Gloves are different...

What happens if the item already has the stats?

Hyperaccelerated Resistance Module (Earpiece) is a green recipe with Accuracy and Defense rating on it already, will I get higher stats if I can RE the right prefix or will I just be unable to get those prefixes?

Do earpieces follow the linear upgrade path? (Do you only get one blue and one purple recipe from them) Or do they follow the prefix path?

If they follow the prefix path and you find the Redoubt Hyperaccelerated Resistance Module it would add to the current Defense rating on the item...

Do earpieces follow the linear upgrade path? (Do you only get one blue and one purple recipe from them) Or do they follow the prefix path?

If they follow the prefix path and you find the Redoubt Hyperaccelerated Resistance Module it would add to the current Defense rating on the item...

They follow the prefix path, I just seem to be unlucky getting the defense prefix for it and wanted to check before I blew all my mats making more.

Yours wasn't editable, so I created a new doc with your info and my info together. Anyone can edit it...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aitp7DTgW8RgdGNjNmx4b3V3RzJzdExBcC1LcWNwaGc

The numbers for your Heavy armor match my numbers...it looks like Belts, Boots, and Waist pieces all have the same increase while Legs, Chest, and Gloves are different...

I added/edited mine to yours, in that case. I'm still hoping to finish my "all 15 purples" project, but after that I can help fill in any gaps we might have as far as your spreadsheet; just let me know what you need.

Couple questions...

Implants from the Biochem skill

The Green 150S recipes seem to follow:

Hyperneural Skill Package (green)

---> Overkill Hyperneural skill package (blue)

---> Redoubt Hyperneural skill package (blue)

so I'm assuming there will be a Critical as well

so the schematic reverse enginering on Implants is the same? (just need confirmation)

and the next one involves the found skematics

I purchased 2 schematics:

Tactile Mastery D (blue)

Tactile Response D (blue)

and I've only gotten Overkill Tactile Mastery D and Overkill Response D (purple)

will these also provide the other Redoubt and Critical? and then even FURTHER for the 2nd tier of stats (the +shield, +alacrity, etc)