[Guide] Reverse Engineering

Slaign

Awesome guide, thanks to all involved.

Personally, i think the entire dependance on RNG for gaining the next "tier" schematic needs to be addressed.

Perhaps players should have a "Chance" total value which begins at 0. And then, everytime they RE an item, a random value within a particular range is added to that "Chance" total. Once a player gains a next tier schematic, the chance total resets.

To illustrate this, let's assume:

Player A's Chance total is currently 34.

The value needed to guarantee a next tier schematic is 150 (*)

He/She RE's 10 items. Each time they RE, a random value gets added to the Chance total.

Let's assume that the random values are: 3, 8 , 3, 1, 9, 7, 5, 5, 7, 7 = 54.

Therefore, the Chance total after the 10th RE is then ofc: 34 (starting amount) + 54 = 88.

Thus, the player is over half way there to getting their next schematic. And this isn't hidden from them.

Of course, each time a player receives a next tier schematic, it shouldn't be one of the ones they already have.

(*) Please note that the figures quoted above are merely arbitrary. It doesn't have to be 150 points to get the next tier. Could be more or less, depending on what the devs thought was reasonable.

The point is that player can see their progress and know just how far left they have to go. The system is still dependant a bit on RNG. But this way, the player can see that they are making progress with each RE, and the mechanics aren't as hidden as they are now.

This means that even the most unluky player will DEFINATELY get a next tier schematic within a reasonable time. Thus giving them hope and encouragin them to continue.

Edited by Tarka

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with others, the schematics list definately needs better organisation.

There should be a clearer connection between "base" schematics, their prototype counterparts and their Tier 1 / Tier 2 counterparts.

Edited by Tarka

Currently there are only lvl 22 craftable items for the Linear Path?

If we RE the lvl 22 Artifact's is there a chance to proc the lvl 22a, 22b, or 23?

I tried to sort though all this and I think its helpful for gear, but I haven't seen much in relation to the Linear Path.

I think they have to be RE'd because I can't find a schematic for lvl 23 craftables on any database.

Thank you!

First - Awesome thread!

Second, I'd like to report I'm having alot of success with Sith Warrior companion #3 when it comes to hitting crits while Synthweaving. I have this person with high affection (8.5k). They hit often, even crit back-to-back Lv 43 Artifacts today (Tier 1 from Schematics). Anyone else find crit bonuses to be exceptionally solid? If I'm crafting a mat I intend to use, that companion is the one to craft it :cool:

Edited by Liegence

I'm just curious, can tionese schematics (wich you get from HM FPs) be RE-ed for getting T1 and T2 of that object?

Each tioneese implant i craft needs a biometric alloy so i hope some of you guys have tried it. I've already crafted and RE-ed like 10 of them and still no T1.

I've been wondering this as well, would be really nice to get an answer to this question :)

One additional I believe would be beneficial, would be to remove redundant or useless purple RE recipes. Like for example, if I start with a green +str item (sentinel/marauder, or dps guardian/juggernaught), and I get a +crit blue version, and the start reverse engineering those blues... I should not ever get a +alcricity purple version. That stat has essentially nothing of value to the users of that base item, and I see no different than a RE failure.

Removing wasteful purple recipes would help remove some of the dumb luck involved with the reverse engineering process.

Removing recipies that people might consider wasteful will make the system even more confusing as no one will know what recipies they should or shouldn't be able to achieve for each individual item. Just make it so you don't get duplicates and the problem is solved.

Very nice guide, helped a lot. Thank you.

Still i found a question rising...

9. Will reverse engineering a Tier 1 Prefix item of Artifact quality cause the Tier 2 Prefix item that results to be of a higher rating?

No. Rating only changes when color quality changes, and Tier 1 Artifacts reverse engineer into Tier 2 Artifacts. Both are Artifact quality.

differs from the Chart.

My Setup: I have a lvl 50 Blue Legslot schematic (tanky stats - Synthweaver).

i wanted it to get redoubt. I kind of had a good portion of luck as i crafted 5 pieces and got Overkill and Crit an another 2 pieces gave me Redoubt.

Now the Problem is, the armor Rating ist lower than from a 49 Artifact. I dont know the exact numbers but i think 49 - artifact is 124 and the 50 - tier1 artifact is 120 or something like that.

Which would kind of suck that a 50 schematic is worse then the 49er from the trainer.

So back to the start. Whos right? the FAQ or the Chart? The chart says the rating raises as long as ist comes from a blue base item.

Please help before i dump artifact resources into it :)

Please help me understand this because even with the chart, I am still confused.

I have recipes for Sublelectronic mastery D-Enhancer and Subelectronic Skill D-Package.

I think the "mastery-D-enhancer" comes from a recipe bought in the galactic market, but both offer the exact same stats.

So I guess they the difference is I will get different results when reverse engineering! What kind of purple recipe will I get if I reverse engineer these?

Please help me understand this because even with the chart, I am still confused.

I have recipes for Sublelectronic mastery D-Enhancer and Subelectronic Skill D-Package.

I think the "mastery-D-enhancer" comes from a recipe bought in the galactic market, but both offer the exact same stats.

So I guess they the difference is I will get different results when reverse engineering! What kind of purple recipe will I get if I reverse engineer these?

Both of those are base level items that are of prototype quality. They will follow the same prefix RE scheme. You have a chance at learning a T1 Artifact (Overkill, Redoubt, Critical) which adds power, defense, and crit respectively. If you want to go on further then doing RE on those will get a chance at the T2 Artifact Prefix with the added stats of presence, alacrity, surge, shield, or accuracy.

One additional I believe would be beneficial, would be to remove redundant or useless purple RE recipes. Like for example, if I start with a green +str item (sentinel/marauder, or dps guardian/juggernaught), and I get a +crit blue version, and the start reverse engineering those blues... I should not ever get a +alcricity purple version. That stat has essentially nothing of value to the users of that base item, and I see no different than a RE failure.

Removing wasteful purple recipes would help remove some of the dumb luck involved with the reverse engineering process.

But then honestly there would be like 2 variations of each at T2. Healer/caster dps would want surge or alacrity, melee/ ranged dps would want accuracy or surge, and tanks would want shield or accuracy. Now if they removed presence.. I'd be happy :D

What's wrong with Presence? Doesn't it make your companions more effective in combat?

Yeah... but I'd take any other stat over presence (except for Shield and Absorb if I'm not a tank).

So, I haven't had any recent success on first RE after login, so I think that was just a lucky streak. Also, I have been paying attention to what my comp says when he crafts, and I haven't seen any correlation at all.

I've been having a REALLY awful RNG with RE'ing barrels. Commando 22 and Reflex 22. I've made EASILY 20 to 30 OF EACH with no crit purple schem learned.

I just stopped so as not to waste even more mats....

Swijr

I've been having a REALLY awful RNG with RE'ing barrels. Commando 22 and Reflex 22. I've made EASILY 20 to 30 OF EACH with no crit purple schem learned.

I just stopped so as not to waste even more mats....

Swijr

Don't give in! You can do it ^^

I was quite lucky with making my reflex armoring 22, managed to nail it on the like 7th try :)

What's wrong with Presence? Doesn't it make your companions more effective in combat?

Well it is good for leveling I suppose, but I rarely use my companion at level 50. It is just annoying when you get one of the re'd schematics with presence on them because no one wants to use it. ^^

Very nice guide, helped a lot. Thank you.

Still i found a question rising...

differs from the Chart.

My Setup: I have a lvl 50 Blue Legslot schematic (tanky stats - Synthweaver).

i wanted it to get redoubt. I kind of had a good portion of luck as i crafted 5 pieces and got Overkill and Crit an another 2 pieces gave me Redoubt.

Now the Problem is, the armor Rating ist lower than from a 49 Artifact. I dont know the exact numbers but i think 49 - artifact is 124 and the 50 - tier1 artifact is 120 or something like that.

Which would kind of suck that a 50 schematic is worse then the 49er from the trainer.

So back to the start. Whos right? the FAQ or the Chart? The chart says the rating raises as long as ist comes from a blue base item.

Please help before i dump artifact resources into it :)

Rating only improves with color quality. What the chart says is that an Artifact item receives increased rating if the item it is upgraded from is Prototype, which is the same thing the guide says. In other words, any time you reverse engineer an item and it goes up in quality, the rating improves as well. Because Artifact items reverse engineer into other Artifacts if anything, they do not receive rating increases.

In short: Rating is tied to color, not Tier.

So, I haven't had any recent success on first RE after login, so I think that was just a lucky streak.

Yep. Streaks happen with RNG. Did one batch of 25 this morning and got 2 new schematics learned, 1 already learned schematic, and a lucky last new schematic (the one I was actually wanted). I RE'd another batch of 25 after school and got nothing.