Your FIrst Star Wars Novel.

TheBentOne

X-wing: Rogue Squadron. Since then I have read nearly every novel out there including (shudder) The Crystal Star.

X wing:Rogue Squadron as well. I liked rogue group in tESB and was hoping that it was about that rogue squadron but then discovered it was about the new rogue squadron after the movies and had great fun reading the next few novels in the series but never got around to reading them all.

Mine was Shadows of the Empire! It was awesome and I have been reading them ever since! I have read over 110, so I still have a long way to go. I think that is little over half the books. Timothy Zhan and Karen Traviss are my favorites! Zhan is a nuance genius!

If we aren't counting movie novelizations...

Unfortunately, "Splinter of the Mind's Eye" was my first.

Now, the first one I liked and didn't fall asleep reading was "Heir to the Empire". Zahn KNOWS how to tell a story and keep people interested.

I don't talk about my first one, but then, I was only 9 when I wrote it ...

Oh, you mean read?

That'd be the novelisation of the film. I got it through the scholastic book club, without my parents knowing. (they were concerned about the effect of Science Fiction on my faith. Heh.)

"Vector Prime". I got the first 3 books of The New Jedi Order with a giftcard from my birthday because I liked the Star Wars movies. And I really liked them... I read all of The New Jedi Order and Legacy Of The Force, and am now reading Fate Of The Jedi.

I've seen many people voicing very poor opinions of all these series, but I think they're great. They show how the lives of familiar characters have progressed, so there's an instant draw (though this isn't necessary... I'm also reading the Darth Bane stuff). I also think the storyline of NJO, and particularly the one that starts in Star By Star and continues into LotF and beyond, is pretty epic. I like epic.

My first Star Wars novel that I read was the Star Wars by George Lucas published and released before the first movie came out in 1977? It had the original version of the Anakin vs. Obi-wan fight where Anakin falls into a pool of Lava. After the movie came out the book was re-released without that part in the book.

Does anyone remember the junior jedi knight novels? I read a couple of them for book reports back when I was in the 5th grade (back in '96). They were fun to read (the adventures of young anakin solo and his friend tahiri) back then but I doubt they would have stood up to the test of time. I do remember that I never read the first book in the series but started with 2 and read 3 but never finished the series (5 books). Reading Anakin using his force abilities to crush/stop a heart was cool.

I cant rightly remember if I read X Wing Rogue squadron first or these novels.

Edited by LeeC

• 3 weeks later...
Just for fun. What was the first star wars novel you ever read?

I'll start, the Heir to the empire trilogy was my first and I have never looked back.

Heir to the Empire. I was in high school when it came out and back then the last bit of Star Wars we had was Return of the Jedi. It was like reading a new Star Wars movie. It was awesome.