Fatman The last Stand Server...Already?

mikedee

Game has been out for 6 months. Is it really time to go down to 1 server? I saw a post saying that Fatman is the server that most players are taking their last stand on...BW?!? How did you guys ruin this great game that quickly? I am going to roll a toon here also. I am tired of no q's before 5pm. I am completely disgusted...might just unsub and blame it on maras! Just for the fun of it...Ravage crits you and destroys your server. Server is dead.

Like BW should even ask why people unsub when they don't deliver. Just shows how the population were waiting for anything to come out to give us a reason to get away from this game.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of rerolling there as well. I would prefer a much less drastic solution than giving up all of the effort I have already put into my existing toons, but there is next to nothing else to do. No players = no pvp = no pve. I like this game and don't want to unsub, but there isn't much point in playing a MMO with no people.

I dont know if you noticed but basically 80% of the server became "standard" and never seen heavy, very heavy, full after that. I think most are waiting Elder Scroll Online. I see this game ending up to 25 server range, like Rift. Edited by BlueFromMoon

My server has like 500-700 people leveling right now. I'm not BSing or making up numbers. I sat there last night and yesterday and did /who 1-50 and just 1-10 it was 100 people. 11-15 was like 98. Went all the way up to 49 and it was about 710. >_> Edited by ComeAndSee

I re-rolled on The Fatman 2 and a half months ago and it was the best decision I've ever made. The longer you wait the worse it's going to be. I'd recommend rolling a different class than your main and have fun playing that, just in case server transfers come you can hopefully transfer your main over and gain your legacy back if it's that important to you.

If you're holding out for server transfers good luck to you. You're missing out on a steady 200+ on the republic fleet, 250+ on imperial, and near instant queues for both. And let's be honest, when server transfers come, why would they let you transfer to an already full server?

I re-rolled on Fatman over the weekend. It's a night and day difference. My toon is levle 15 now, I'm doing wz dailies to speed up the leveling and the longest I have to wait for ques is 7-10 minutes and getting Quest heroic groups and flashpoints groups is quick. On my old server the wait time for ques had gotten up to 45-90 minutes. I only re-rolled because my sub doesn't run out until July so I figured it was wasted money if I didn't at least give it another try. I'm glad I did. I do miss my 50 Sage with 3 WH pieces, but I am enjoying the game again so it was worth it. Unfortunately for my old server, this means it lost another dedicated PVPer.

My server has like 500-700 people leveling right now. I'm not BSing or making up numbers. I sat there last night and yesterday and did /who 1-50 and just 1-10 it was 100 people. 11-15 was like 98. Went all the way up to 49 and it was about 710. >_>

Your server is a PvE server.... Most good PvPers won't consider playing on a PvE server. Sorry bro just the way it is. I was interested can't lie.

I really don't care, I have one Character on Freedom of Nadd, and its pop is either between standard to heavy, depending on the time of the day, so, its fine so far. My other main 50 is on Chuundar, its dead, but I will not ask for a transfer, as I do not believe its the correct way to go about any of this.

We need merging of all light servers, if you transfer people from a light server to heavy or standard servers, those light servers will be completely a waist of money to keep running, because no one will even be on them. Also if you can only move one character from one server to another, and is part of a legacy already, then that screws up your legacy.

So nope, I wont re roll, merge servers please.

they should just release an emergency pre-patch with xserver queues even before 1.3

then they fine tune it with xfers and xserver rated wzs.

but they are not going to do that.

i mean as a player i would prefer to crash test a bugged xserver queue than sit on my empty server right know, just putting it out there.

they should just release an emergency pre-patch with xserver queues even before 1.3

then they fine tune it with xfers and xserver rated wzs.

but they are not going to do that.

i mean as a player i would prefer to crash test a bugged xserver queue than sit on my empty server right know, just putting it out there.

Low pop causes a ton more problems than just long warzone queues. Crosserver pvp queues wouldn't even be a bandaid.

Low pop causes a ton more problems than just long warzone queues. Crosserver pvp queues wouldn't even be a bandaid.

A merge would be ideal but cross server like... today, would be a bandaid.

A merge would be ideal but cross server like... today, would be a bandaid.

Anyway we can hold out another month? Wait for free xfers to dead servers? Pay for transfers to non dead servers? Its hard...wish GW2 was out so my decision would be easy.

This game cannot survive if the Fatman is the "last stand server." That server can only hold so many people and that number won't be enough to sustain this game.

And, PVE servers are also dying. My PVE server, a high population server for at least 6 weeks, is fast becoming barren. My guild, once 1000 members strong, couldn't even muster 15 people last night. The week after 1.2 we had some 200+ people on in the evenings. This game needs help fast.

My main server, Ven Zallow, isn't horrible but it has been getting steadily worse. I rolled a character on Fatman a few days ago and the difference is stark. Even though I mostly care about pvp, it is nice being able to run instances and heroics without waiting. And it's nice pvping with and against different people every game. I miss having credits, my crafters and my choice names from vz ..

I really wish bw would tell us what the actual plan is - I don't see them letting me transfer characters to Fatman for free and maybe VZ will be one of the servers that gets characters sent to it so I may be jumping the gun on my move.

Edited by WaywardOne

Nice melodrama re Fatman & the last stand.

Current picture on the top servers can be found here http://www.torstatus.net/

Situation is bad and we need merges / transfers now but don't distort the picture by spreading misinformation ....

I guess you believe anything people tell you? Check server status at prime time tonight. Last night at 6pm there were 5 standard servers. rest were light. No full or heavy...

"Friends and fellow humans—I bring you a warning! A warning of a great plague spreading across our planet! Please, listen to me.

We cannot sit idly by while this pox infects our society!"

Gorton Colu, the Doomsayer in KotOR who ended up dead.

Play on The Harbinger currently. About a week ago I made a couple toons on The Fatman and it almost feels like the game did at launch. Tons of people everywhere. Can't say I care much for the general chat. Bunch of elitists or just plain d-bags. Other than that plenty of people asking for groups for multiple things. Game is pretty much dead other than a couple servers and this one is the biggest. If you want to play the game come to Fatman and live out your last days before you unsub.

I think many people are waiting for the last second to unsub. Just in case BW actually does something to bring life back to the game. However, I will not hold my breath.

i have all the classes i like at 50 on my dead server already.

i guess im just gonna have to unsub

This is where I am at. Not going to pay to transfer as EA / BW do not deserve more of my money.

So already unsubbed with the clock ticking and will come back if they offer free transfers / merge servers.

EA needs to get over the idea that merges will be bad PR. Losing subs is worse.

I re-rolled on The Fatman 2 and a half months ago and it was the best decision I've ever made. The longer you wait the worse it's going to be. I'd recommend rolling a different class than your main and have fun playing that, just in case server transfers come you can hopefully transfer your main over and gain your legacy back if it's that important to you.

If you're holding out for server transfers good luck to you. You're missing out on a steady 200+ on the republic fleet, 250+ on imperial, and near instant queues for both. And let's be honest, when server transfers come, why would they let you transfer to an already full server?

This here!