>> How To Nerf Marauders Without Losing Subscriber Base

DkSharktooth

Both of those classes are stealth classes and have a vanish that allows them to stay in stealth. So you're saying that Marauders should get a nerf to their biggest defensive utility, but get stealth? I disagree.

So you are saing that the marauder does not have any other defensive ability ? Cloak of pain one of the best defensive abilities on an extremely short CD, saber ward, force camo, are these not marauder abilities ?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, everyone knows that the bad players pick the OP classes. It's just that this one time, one of them nearly killed me, so clearly the class needs to be nerfed.

Seriously though, I completely disregard every single, "I never lose/always top every WZ" comment made on forums, we're all 6'7", 140kg cage fighters in real life anyway so what does it matter?

Just last week me and Brock Lesnar were laughing about that time in PVP...

Still, that doesn't mean everything else this guy has to say is meaningless, though it does seriously undermines his credibility.

Well saying "i'm the best ever!" then crying for nerfs is pretty contradicting isn't it?

Also comparing apples to oranges is pretty dumb too

Well saying "i'm the best ever!" then crying for nerfs is pretty contradicting isn't it?

Yes.

You may have missed my sarcasm though, I was trying to say that I completely ignore all claims of great skill in gaming forums, but at the same time I try not to let those claims cause me to disregard everything the claimant might say.

Even crazy people are sometimes very insightful.

You play a pyro powertech. Marauders are like the only class that can kill you. you counter every class that gives us problems.

Just a correction. I play a MERC mainly, I also have a sorc and mara. I dont have a powertech.

Edited by DkSharktooth

Yes.

You may have missed my sarcasm though, I was trying to say that I completely ignore all claims of great skill in gaming forums, but at the same time I try not to let those claims cause me to disregard everything the claimant might say.

Even crazy people are sometimes very insightful.

Marauders and Sentinels are fine.

Marauders and Sentinels are fine.

Where did I say they weren't?

I personally think Undying should also be -99% healing, but it's not going to be the end of the world from my POV if it stays the way it is.

I also don't think they needed the flat +15% damage to Ravage, but them getting it did not change much.

But just because you or I don't think Mara/Sents are basically fine, doesn't mean there aren't problems, or room for improvement.

I personally think Undying should also be -99% healing, but it's not going to be the end of the world from my POV if it stays the way it is.

I also don't think they needed the flat +15% damage to Ravage, but them getting it did not change much.

But just because you or I don't think Mara/Sents are basically fine, doesn't mean there aren't problems, or room for improvement.

Really the biggest issue with Ravage was it didn't pop up correctly nearly at all. They fixed it in 1.2, the damage isn't what people are ally noticing so much as the fact that it actually works 100% of the time now instead of like 10.

UD is fine the way it is...

I agree with the ravage damage.

Ok and remove the 50% health cost too.

Some of us like the way the ability works

I just don't like the fact that it's tantemount to a free life if a Mara has a pocket-healer.

If you want to talk like the health cost is meaningful, give up healing while you're Undying.

A Mara who comes out of the 5 seconds on less health than he started with was completely alone, with basically everything else on cooldown.

50% "cost" my arse.

I just don't like the fact that it's tantemount to a free life if a Mara has a pocket-healer.

If you want to talk like the health cost is meaningful, give up healing while you're Undying.

A Mara who comes out of the 5 seconds on less health than he started with was completely alone, with basically everything else on cooldown.

50% "cost" my arse.

Well if you want to let a pocket healer free cast on a person you're hitting then you're doing it wrong. This isn't a nerf someone point, this is a you not doing your job as a dps point.

50% "cost" my arse.

Everybody get's a free life if they have a pocket healer. People REALLY need to stop acting like healing a Marauder after he pops UR is any different than healing any other class that did not pop UR.

Redesign Undeying Rage / Guarded By The Force:

I started responding with a , " cmon its not that overpowerd - its only 5 miserable little seconds of survivability".

Until I thought about 1v1s, and 1v2s that have been won off the back off it. As a Sent, I would be ok with No heals from external sources for the 5 seconds. Or alternatively, the old favourite from LOTRO's undying rage - make it a guaranteed death at the end of the duration, but allow +100% run speed, and extend it to 8 seconds.

I started responding with a , " cmon its not that overpowerd - its only 5 miserable little seconds of survivability".

Until I thought about 1v1s, and 1v2s that have been won off the back off it. As a Sent, I would be ok with No heals from external sources for the 5 seconds. Or alternatively, the old favourite from LOTRO's undying rage - make it a guaranteed death at the end of the duration, but allow +100% run speed, and extend it to 8 seconds.

Sounds more like what a jugg should get.

50% "cost" my arse.

If the marauder has a pocket healer, why are you attacking the marauder?

Well if you want to let a pocket healer free cast on a person you're hitting then you're doing it wrong. This isn't a nerf someone point, this is a you not doing your job as a dps point.

Shall I queue up Yakkety-Sax while we all chase each other around, or should I assume the healer in this scenario is a spaz who stands still while I whack at him?

UR is not a feature while I'm actively DPSing the healer, is it?

Or is this a case of, "At all costs, drop everything and chase the healer ceaselessly until he's dead" as 100% sure-fire all situations win advice for DPS? Can I just tell the enemy team I've got an Op healer stealthed somewhere and they'll leave me alone?

Please... If you want to make a point, make it reasonable.

Ultimately, though - when discussing the scenario: "if a mara has a pocket healer", talking about what happens when that healer is dead (ie, when he does NOT have a pocket healer) is dodging the question.

Everybody get's a free life if they have a pocket healer. People REALLY need to stop acting like healing a Marauder after he pops UR is any different than healing any other class that did not pop UR.

Healing someone who takes 1% damage is no different than healing someone, let's give some decent mitigation out for kicks, someone who takes 50% damage? You just said that?

Why do you think good PVP healers hate people with zero expertise?

Guardians

21k hp on a tank, down to 2 k hitpoints left, like your hypothetical marauder. Pops Enure, Hp goes to 9k out of a possible 28k. Pops WZ medpack, heals to 18800 hitpoints. Used focused defense assuming he gets max benfit 10 seconds, 3% hp per second.

During those ten seconds the Jugg has healed from 2k hp to 27200hp.

just saying.

Focused defense heals on damage taken... and it removes 1 focus/rage with each hit taken to heal you for 3%. Kind of useless unless you spec Vigilance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.