Most servers are dead - we need transfers now, not in early summer

My server has around 30 people total online at peak times. If you double that population it's still way too low.

There's light servers and 'light' servers, the difference can be pretty huge.

you combine 2 or 3 light with a standard and it becomes a full or heavy server. It's as easy as that. your 30 plus to other 30 and a standard with a 250 + people will make a good sized server.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed - server pop across the board are going to be down because of Diablo...but on say - the fatman you won't even notice.

I just logged into my server, its 12 noon here - and 4 people on the fleet, and 4 guild members online doing daily's. So I logged out and now i'll go play some quake

you combine 2 or 3 light with a standard and it becomes a full or heavy server. It's as easy as that. your 30 plus to other 30 and a standard with a 250 + people will make a good sized server.

Hope it goes something like this. Sounds good to me.

hold on now you need to make sure you don't confuse a couple nights of having a low pop with actually being a low pop server.

Remember we are inbetween patches and Diablo 3 just came out. So population is going to be lower across all servers. When new content comes out people log back in. Allowing server transfers will help raise logins due to people wanting to now play with other people. Add in a new patch with new content or new seasonal event and a very different picture is painted.

No. You are wrong. The server transfers will only help those of us that want to play Starwars. It never helps game hoppers with the attention span of a gnat stay with any game.

It is people like me, that waited for 2 years for SWTOR to come out, that now wants to quit the game because I have no one to play with.

I was the only person on Imperial Fleet this morning for a long time. Max of 5 people at peak morning times!

Dont get me wrong, I like SWTOR, but I hate playing alone. I will go get Diablo 3 today because no one to play with on Vella and I refuse to start again on another server as I throw away countless crafting recipes, legacy levels, raiding gear, etc...

Im gonna have to agree, transfers will not help with the people that jump from game to game.

Everyone that I know that plays swtor walked away cause there is nothing to do on Veela except log in craft and lvl alts, you can only do this for so long before you would rather gouge your eyes out with a spoon, I picked up Diablo the other day and only play it atm because I CAN ACTUALLY GROUP, and it makes gameplay experience FUN.

The sooner transferes appear the better of we all will be, and guess what BW you will stop losing countless accounts like crazy and maybe just maybe people with be more interested again

hold on now you need to make sure you don't confuse a couple nights of having a low pop with actually being a low pop server.

Remember we are inbetween patches and Diablo 3 just came out. So population is going to be lower across all servers. When new content comes out people log back in. Allowing server transfers will help raise logins due to people wanting to now play with other people. Add in a new patch with new content or new seasonal event and a very different picture is painted.

I only wish my problem was related to D3. I have the misfortune of having selected one of the 3-4 servers added right after xmas - bonus servers. Anturi Reach never has more than 10 in the city, and a /who will produce a list of 30 -60 people on - 1 - 50. There havent been enough 50s on to do WZs in I dont know how long. A 1-49 wz may pop during some evenings, MAY, and if it does you can expect to wait 2.5 hours or more.

Early summer fix? It's Memorial Day [nearly], pools are opening, seems like early summer to me. Fix your broken game!

Edited by pixel_dust

? how do you figure? there are what 60 light servers during prime time? the rest are standard with a hand full of heavy/full.

So you split the light servers up among the standard. Plus when you offer free server transfers you will get SOME not a lot but some people will come back.

Um actually almost 90% servers are light on prime time.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/trends

look at the trend, its getting worse and worse and no sign of it stopping.

Anyways merges wont fix this problem. Sure many people inluding myself quit the game cause of dead servers but before the dead servers people were quitting cause of the game itself. Because in the end this game isnt just that good. Its very easy to complete all end game content, and for PVP? What a joke Bioware was like "FU PVPers, we dont care about you" So you cant really blame dead servers for this mess. its the game in general.

I for one want this game to fail hard. EA deserves it. I am sick of EA putting out garbage games and ruining good developers. Bioware was one of the top developers and now look? Dragon Age 2? ME3 ending? SWTOR?

The insanity continues. Most of the player base at this point in North America is being hurt by low server populations.

123 North American Servers? Lets try 25. Please.

I want to play this game. I want to be apart of a vibrant community. I want to meet new people, chat with them, trade, duel and quest with them.

I can't do that anymore. I haven't really been able to do it since late FEB.

It's time. No more silence. BW, tell us whats holding this back.

The second my toon is on a server that runs at VERY HEAVY / FULL is the second I resub for another 6 months.

Diablo III is out, and as a former player of D2, I am very happy. If you want me and my money back, you need to transfer my toons to a server that has a population. It's that simple.

You are not the only one my friend we lost more folks when D3 came out. Just making even more crystal clear that we need server merges not some idiot transfer service in 5 months.

On my server, late afternoon EST (EST server) ONE person on Fleet (Me) did the "Who" search, there were FOUR people on the whole server (Republic)

Pa.Thet.Ic

As soon as I touch base with a few people in game. I am OUT OF HERE! EA clearly couldn't care less; they dont even try to stop the bleeding. Early summer was the official word weeks ago, and not even a simple update.

Edited by pixel_dust

Just logged into my original server. It's Saturday, 1:10pm.

There are only 58 Imperials logged in. 20 Are level 50. 6 are on the Fleet.

Here's the breakdown by level.

01-10 = 3

11-20 = 2

21-30 = 10

31-40 = 13

41-49 = 10

lv 50 = 20

There are 148 Imperials on just the fleet of The Fatman.

I counted 1,092 Imperials on The Fatman. Maybe not accurate because I'm not sure about the 170 level 50s. Sometimes it truncates the results to 100, other times it reports more.

As you can see, there are a ton of rerolls on The Fatman!

01-06 = 71

07-10 = 91

11-13 = 98

14-16 = 95

17-19 = 97

20-23 = 90

24-27 = 87

28-33 = 97

34-39 = 84

40-45 = 74

46-49 = 38

lv 50 = 170

Edited by Kourage

Krath- today (Saturday) at 10:19 PST Pub Side

L 1-10 = 7

L 11-20 = 18

L 21-30 = 20

L 31-40 =15

L 41-49 = 17

L 50 = 12

How 89 people is "massive" is beyond me =/

Edit: I am one of the 12 level 50's /sigh

Edited by Drakkip

I can 100 percent say with certainty that 'most' of those non-50's currently online on your servers, are people with 50's on their alts because there is nothing else to do

If they're locked out of all the Flashpoints and Hard Modes, they're no good to me anyhow.

Edited by Kourage

They will be doing Mergers for some of the lightest servers. The other's like the standards and the less light ones will be given transfers to SPECIFIC servers. So there wont be a player A went to server B and player B went to server A situation. If you want to go and transfer to a specific server that will cost you a lil money. From what i've been hearing they will be released at the end if May, or beginning of June. So don't worry people we'll be able to play again soon

Guild: <Evil By Default>

Server: Zaalbar

Population across both Republic, and Imperial side: 103 players at peak

They will be doing Mergers for some of the lightest servers. The other's like the standards and the less light ones will be given transfers to SPECIFIC servers. So there wont be a player A went to server B and player B went to server A situation. If you want to go and transfer to a specific server that will cost you a lil money. From what i've been hearing they will be released at the end if May, or beginning of June. So don't worry people we'll be able to play again soon

sadly it may just be to little to late.

sadly it may just be to little to late.

Idk about that. There are still over 1.3 million subs active. Just spread out way to god damn thin because they seem to think 130 mergers for the US alone was a good idea, but i know a ton of people that will be back after the mergers/transfers. Also people will finally **** on Facebook about it, and the game will get less hype. Even WoW had a point where it almost died like this. WoW was even WAYYYY smaller at release than this was. So I have hope that this game will make a huge rebound.

Idk about that. There are still over 1.3 million subs active. Just spread out way to gosh darn thin because they seem to think 130 mergers for the US alone was a good idea, but i know a ton of people that will be back after the mergers/transfers. Also people will finally **** on Facebook about it, and the game will get less hype. Even WoW had a point where it almost died like this. WoW was even WAYYYY smaller at release than this was. So I have hope that this game will make a huge rebound.

WoW never had a point in time where it almost died like this. Regardless, Bioware needs to do something. If server mergers don't happen THIS WEEK, then I'm out of here. I'm not going to wait in que for hours only to get a match that is 4vs8.

Yeah they are going to charge you to fix their *********** mess. These idiots don't and aren't listening. If they announce the server transfers today or tomorrow. It would be the hugest win in mmo history for the current playerbase. But they won't because they are arrogant and 'they don't have a problem' and 'they aren't loosing subscriptions'... And as for the timing I heard it was going to be sometime after June 21st considering they said 'early summer' and summer doesn't officially start until that date. Why do you think they don't give a date? Because they thought this free weekend was going to solve everything ;-)

WoW never had a point in time where it almost died like this. Regardless, Bioware needs to do something. If server mergers don't happen THIS WEEK, then I'm out of here. I'm not going to wait in que for hours only to get a match that is 4vs8.

Did you even play WoW at launch.... It was the buggiest piece of bad graphics crap for computer at launch. Everything was broken. After a year of patching out the *** they fixed it. I watched the Population drop to dead levels a few months after launch on alot of servers just like on here then rebound because all the bad hype was gone, and all people could say is how they were finally happy with it

Did you even play WoW at launch.... It was the buggiest piece of bad graphics crap for computer at launch. Everything was broken. After a year of patching out the *** they fixed it. I watched the Population drop to dead levels a few months after launch on alot of servers just like on here then rebound because all the bad hype was gone, and all people could say is how they were finally happy with it

WoW never went to the point where you had 90% of its servers dead at peak times. Sure wow had some bumps along the road early on but never as bad as this.