Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Can SWTOR be Saved ?

pilotjosh

Jesus Christ people.

Quarterly investor call by EA at the start of the month. (this month)

How do you guys not know this?

Edit: Just google EA quarterly investor call swtor 1.3 million subs.

Take your pick of the first 50 sites about it.

1. And in that call he did not clarify if those included people that were unsubed and running on the 30 free days offered...like mine!

2. Anyone that actually believes that there are 1.3 million people paying to play is out of their mind...and there is no reason at all to do it...

3. Go to Age of Conan's forums and look at your counterparts replying to people about how the population hasnt dropped, isnt dropping and that the game is doing fine...even though its now free to play and the few servers remaining are extremely low.

Stop playing the role of the cop standing in front of a burning building telling passerbyes that theres nothing to see here...and start putting out the fire instead to wake Bioware up....before the building burns to the ground.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be brutally honest right now - This game has less than 800k Active Subscriptions. I'd say around 700k right now.

I really wish that I could have used numbers I "felt" were accurate in calculus.

Would have simplified things a lot.

I guess from now on we are just pulling numbers out of how we "feel" its doing?

I feel its got 8 trillion active subscribers. That's right. People who don't exist even play this game.

I know its true because... I feel it is.

1. And in that call he did not clarify if those included people that were unsubed and running on the 30 free days offered...like mine!

2. Anyone that actually believes that there are 1.3 million people paying to play is out of their mind...and there is no reason at all to do it...

3. Go to Age of Conan's forums and look at your counterparts replying to people about how the population hasnt dropped, isnt dropping and that the game is doing fine...even though its now free to play and the few servers remaining are extremely low.

Stop playing the role of the cop standing in front of a burning building telling passerbyes that theres nothing to see here...and start putting out the fire instead to wake Bioware up....before the building burns to the ground.

Age of conan's combat system snared you for about 5 seconds while doing abilities.

I think AOC is in a category all on its own because of that reason.

actually AoC pop has gone up over the past year since they went F2P. AoC also lost 75% of their subs in 2 months. We are at 25% in 4 months. BIG DIFFERENCE>

I really wish that I could have used numbers I "felt" were accurate in calculus.

Would have simplified things a lot.

I guess from now on we are just pulling numbers out of how we "feel" its doing?

I feel its got 8 trillion active subscribers. That's right. People who don't exist even play this game.

I know its true because... I feel it is.

21 Servers out of 213 Standard or Above.

90% of the servers are Light.

Light switches to Standard at 350.

Meaning 192 servers have less than 350 on them.

There's your numbers.

Edited by Azumio

21 Servers out of 213 Standard or Above.

90% of the servers are Light.

Light switches to Standard at 350.

Meaning 192 servers have less than 350 on them.

There's your numbers.

Concurrent =/= Subs.

Concurrent =/= Revenue

Profits = The only thing that matters

Concurrent =/= Subs.

Concurrent =/= Revenue

Profits = The only thing that matters

You're right.

I guess the 1.2 million active subscribers that aren't logged in have better things to do right now, than log-on to SWTOR Sunday night Prime Time.

Effortless.

You're right.

I guess the 1.2 million active subscribers that aren't logged in have better things to do right now, than log-on to SWTOR Sunday night Prime Time.

Effortless.

So long as they keep paying its a win for bioware.

Edit: Bioware doesn't care how active you are. They've already pointed out the drop in concurrent use. They are working on transfers and perhaps mergers after that. But really, it doesn't matter that much so long as people keep paying.

Edited by metalgearyoda

actually AoC pop has gone up over the past year since they went F2P. AoC also lost 75% of their subs in 2 months. We are at 25% in 4 months. BIG DIFFERENCE>

Oh hi, you must be from the AoC forums...

Funcom releases a news statement that over 600,000 people have signed up for AoC since it went free to play...its proof, proof that the game is doing great...then you log in, make a character and talk to the people actually playing the game and they will tell you that it would be a stretch to say that even 1000 of them stayed more than a few days and they cant remember a time there were more than 100 logged into the server at the same time.

And thats from people who have been playing the game for a few years, level 80 vets in the biggest guilds...you know, people who have a reason to lie about the popularity of the game they are playing.

Bioware charges you up-front, they don't do so month to month. So whoever bought those 3/6 month subs already paid.

My bill was like 90$ for the 6 Month sub.

And anyway, why would a player care about what's a win for Bioware? You should be worried about population..

Is there something you aren't telling us, metalgearyoda? :p:p

Edit: Bioware doesn't care how active you are. They've already pointed out the drop in concurrent use. They are working on transfers and perhaps mergers after that. But really, it doesn't matter that much so long as people keep paying.

Nobody who had a 50 or legacy level 6 2 months ago is paying fot the game right now unless you bought a 2-6 month sub.

And if you really think 1.3 million people are actively playing this game right now, then you need to take the blinders off. Then again, you are probably beyond all hope.

"subscriber numbers haven’t dropped, but concurrent users at peak times have. This, Erickson says, is the reason why players are noticing a lot of ‘light’ server populations – and also why mergers are on the cards, but not a priority"

Why do you think that 1.3 million subscribers = 1.3 million concurrent users.

It doesn't.

WoW tends to hang around 250k concurrent users (in NA). Do you think it only has 250k subs?

Edited by metalgearyoda

Nobody who had a 50 or legacy level 6 2 months ago is paying fot the game right now unless you bought a 2-6 month sub.

Wrong.

You had to have an active sub to get that.

So even if you came back just for that you still paid 15 dollars to reactivate and get the free month.

Edited by metalgearyoda

So using imaginary figures is more accurate then real figures that are a month old.

That's adorable. :w_tongue:

Edit: You should print that out and put it on the fridge.

I didnt post any immaginary numbers. I just stated facts. Bioware counted unpaid subs in the 1.3 number and that they lost 400k subs in 2 months and that 1.3 number is 1 month old.

please dispute any of those facts.

Edited by Mallorik

I didnt post any immaginary numbers. I just stated facts. Bioware counted unpaid subs in the 1.3 number and that they lost 400k subs in 2 months and that 1.3 number is 1 month old.

please dispute any of those facts.

Its more the implication that any number other than 1.3m is a viable estimate.

"subscriber numbers haven’t dropped, but concurrent users at peak times have. This, Erickson says, is the reason why players are noticing a lot of ‘light’ server populations – and also why mergers are on the cards, but not a priority"

Why do you think that 1.3 million subscribers = 1.3 million concurrent users.

It doesn't.

WoW tends to hang around 250k concurrent users (in NA). Do you think it only has 250k subs?

Isn't this the same guy that said subs didn't drop at all, and then like 3 days later the ea report said that the subs dropped by around 400k?

Wrong.

So even if you came back just for that you still paid 15 dollars to reactivate and get the free month.

And that is why the 1.3 million is a farce...how many came back just because they were getting 2 months for $15.

NOBODY IN THE HISTORY OF THE GENRE OFFERED UP A FREE MONTH THAT WAS NOT SEEING A BIG DROP IN PLAYERS.

Nobody...ever...time to stop fooling yourself and start looking for SOLUTIONS to the problems before its too late.

Wrong.

You don't get it do you?

A lot of people resubbed because 1.2 was coming out in a week, with rated WZs. 1.2 came out, no rateds in patch.

They then gave people a free month after that.

The 1.2 million figures includes those people who got tricked into resubbing.

Next time they tell you the number of subscribers, I guarantee it's going to be a whole lot less.

Isn't this the same guy that said subs didn't drop at all, and then like 3 days later the ea report said that the subs dropped by around 400k?

The majority of the sub drop appears to have occurred after the free 30 days ended. (typical)

Most likely, from Daniels perspective subs had stabilized over the past 2 months so in a way he was probably right in say that they hadn't lost a lot of subs in that its not really worth counting anyone who left after taking the game for a test ride.

Nobody...ever...time to stop fooling yourself and start looking for SOLUTIONS to the problems before its too late.

Yeah! Solutions!

Lets camp outside austin bioware and protest their "lack of effort" to save the game or something!

Time to stop fooling yourself. You don't have solutions.

They are professionals, many of whom have been in the industry for years.

Any solution you come up with they have most likely already thought of and either are being worked on or have decided against.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.