Flashpoint needs to be reset bug?

I've had this problem since last night. I can't enter any flashpoint and resetting does not seem to do anything. Surely there has to be a better solution to the problem than infecting someone else with the bug...

These are the steps I used to unbug myself and my teammates:

1. Enter your last known "good" flashpoint. (You may need to take it again from the terminal, or it may still show in your mission list.)

2. Right-click your HUD portrait and choose the option to reset the phase. You'll then get a pop-up error message telling you the mission can't be reset because you're still inside.

3. Exit the flashpoint.

4. Open your mission log, find the flashpoint, and reset and abandon the FP from within the mission log interface.

5. At this point you should be able to take and enter other flashpoints properly.

Make sure you run through all the steps in sequence. I had tried every one of these options separately, but only this particular combination of steps worked for me. Kudos to the player who figured this out in a previous thread.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the steps I used to unbug myself and my teammates:

1. Enter your last known "good" flashpoint. (You may need to take it again from the terminal, or it may still show in your mission list.)

2. Right-click your HUD portrait and choose the option to reset the phase. You'll then get a pop-up error message telling you the mission can't be reset because you're still inside.

3. Exit the flashpoint.

4. Open your mission log, find the flashpoint, and reset and abandon the FP from within the mission log interface.

5. At this point you should be able to take and enter other flashpoints properly.

Make sure you run through all the steps in sequence. I had tried every one of these options separately, but only this particular combination of steps worked for me. Kudos to the player who figured this out in a previous thread.

You forgot step 3a) Again Reset all Instances when you're outside!!!!

Then it worled for me

Edited by CorazonSantiago

We found that the bug could be transferred from player to player. If someone with the bug accepts your invite, you take over their instances and you get the bug. At the same time, they *lose* the bug. We were able to unbug our group by figuring out who was bugged, making a level 1, and having that character invite the bugged player.

I have had the flashpoint plague on my gunslinger twink and none of the workarounds worked, since I was not able to enter any flashpoint even alone and had no completed ones either.

So I did some testing on it and found out the following:

a) it is contagious and will be transfered in the hard form (you cannot enter an FP even alone) from any player to the group leader.

b) everybody else gets the mild form which can be cleared by using the method described above.

c) you can see that you got it when you get the "clear phases from all flashpoints" menu entry when rightclicking your character even though you have no flashpoint open.

Thus you cannot safely group with random players since a malicius player is able to give you the non-fixable disease by making you leader (or let you invite) and leave group - this has a lot of grieving potential and should be fixed ASAP!

Then I had the same idea as posted one above and asked a daring guildmate to get the plague from me and then transfer it to a non-played lowbe jedi on my account. There it remains so far - and both of our normal chars were able to join FPs - I will check whether it gets cleared sometime and hope that customer support will answer my ticket to investigate...

Edited by Kraarg

One of my friends gets this often and we've found that the Jedi Prisoner is almost always the culprit for him. He has to lose everything, get the quest, get the flashpoint, go in and come out. We've been been there in a long time, but for some reason that is the one that fixes him.

So me and my buddies are trying to run Cademimu but every time we do it we get a message that the phase needs to be reset before entering. So we try resetting our phases and nothing happens.

We also tried having 1 person enter and then inviting, but the 4th person, no matter who it is, gets the phase needs to be reset before joining and cannot join.

Anyone else having this problem?

Had this exact same problem. I couldn't reset the instances on my character and thus couldn't get into another fp. I submitted a ticket but haven't heard back on it yet.

You forgot step 3a) Again Reset all Instances when you're outside!!!!

Then it worled for me

My group and I didn't actually do that, IIRC. Couldn't hurt to include it as an additional step, though - I'll make a note of it.

But it does sound like various people are getting bugged in slightly different ways. A number of players have stated that they can't even get into their last run flashpoint to reset, so they can't even attempt this workaround. I think I've seen mention of one or two people who couldn't even group *at all*, so even the "pass the plague" solution won't work for them.

I'm not particularly happy with BW's copypasta "customer service" or the numerous communications failures on these, their official forums. Even if the bug(s) takes a while to track down and fix, they should at least let the customer base know what's going on.

My group and I didn't actually do that, IIRC. Couldn't hurt to include it as an additional step, though - I'll make a note of it.

But it does sound like various people are getting bugged in slightly different ways. A number of players have stated that they can't even get into their last run flashpoint to reset, so they can't even attempt this workaround. I think I've seen mention of one or two people who couldn't even group *at all*, so even the "pass the plague" solution won't work for them.

I'm not particularly happy with BW's copypasta "customer service" or the numerous communications failures on these, their official forums. Even if the bug(s) takes a while to track down and fix, they should at least let the customer base know what's going on.

Honestly, the modes should be selectable ... I have no clue what I can or can't enter on what mode or not or what prerequisite might be required.

It's horrible. Period

I have gotten an answer to my ticket (which contained some language of mine not fit for quoting) beside the regular autoresponder that they will assign it to a hi-level support team to investigate the matter. I reported my findings posted above to the ticket and hope they'll have a closer look at the lowbe jedi char I transferred the broken instance to or even contact me ingame for testing.

Our Group got this bug so I thought I would share how we got rid of it.

Every time we changed leadership of the group the leader would get the bug. You could tell because when they were out of group they still had the little Phase option to reset all instances. We could consistently pass the bug between us, by passing leadership of the group.

So I passed the bug to my teammate and then logged out, created a new character, let him pass the bug to that new character and then deleted the him. Bye-bye bug. For a step by step follow below.

1. Identify who has the bug: they will have a phase option when right clicking on their picture.

2. Someone else needs to create a new character.

3. Person with the bug invites that new character to group

4. Pass leadership to the new character

5. leave that group

6. verify that the phase option is gone from everyone but the new character

7. delete the new character and the bug

8. log back into your main character

9. re-group and have fun

This took a while to figure out so hopefully it saves someone else some time.

Every time we changed leadership of the group the leader would get the bug. You could tell because when they were out of group they still had the little Phase option to reset all instances. We could consistently pass the bug between us, by passing leadership of the group.

So I passed the bug to my teammate and then logged out, created a new character, let him pass the bug to that new character and then deleted the him. Bye-bye bug. For a step by step follow below.

1. Identify who has the bug: they will have a phase option when right clicking on their picture.

5. leave that group

9. re-group and have fun

thanks, this worked

5. leave that group

9. re-group and have fun

I will have to give this a shot. My main toon has not been able to log into ANY flashpoint for 4 days now. I keep getting the phase needs to be reset message when zoning in, even if I am solo. Their customer support is useless, they didn't even answer my ticket collecting dust for those 4 days now.

My quest log is pretty bare, only a couple pvp/space daily quests and my storyline are in there. I've tried resetting the phases, dropping all but my storyline quest, picking back up the flashpoint quests and resetting them, having others zone into the FP and then try to invite me, nothing seems to work.

This is a major game breaking bug when you cannot even log into a FP solo!

I will have to give this a shot. My main toon has not been able to log into ANY flashpoint for 4 days now. I keep getting the phase needs to be reset message when zoning in, even if I am solo. Their customer support is useless, they didn't even answer my ticket collecting dust for those 4 days now.

My quest log is pretty bare, only a couple pvp/space daily quests and my storyline are in there. I've tried resetting the phases, dropping all but my storyline quest, picking back up the flashpoint quests and resetting them, having others zone into the FP and then try to invite me, nothing seems to work.

This is a major game breaking bug when you cannot even log into a FP solo!

It is working, we had this issue the other day. This method fixes it every time.

I would just like to confirm that the solution by hammerhanded worked for my group as well. Thanks for posting this work-around!

5. leave that group

9. re-group and have fun

I tried the various solutions none worked for me.

Questions:

Do I remove the bugged quest before doing the bugremoval or stay on it?

Remove it all?

Do I need to stay outside or inside a phase when passing leaderhip to the other person?

In fact, is anybody able to post a really thourough describtion?

This bug is ruining the game for me right now:(