The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The reason people hate marauders in pvp

Roiz

Bioware buffed melee especially marauder in the latest patch makes pvp more balanced and fair. Actually melee can challenge ranged classes in warzones in fair basis. Probably marauder is now even the FOTM.

Usually when new FOTM appeared people rerolling or start playing an alts.

Many people tried new marauder but most of them failed. I see every warzones descent amount of marauders but only few play good, most of them are probably played arsenal merc or sorc before. The problem is to be successfull at mara you need skills. Marauder is the most skilled class of all swtor classes, especially annigilation.

Being constantly screwed by skilled marauders and inability to play marauder due to lack of skills creates wine about marauders/sentinels. It is not openess of this class it is just lack of skills. Before 1.2 everyone could press one button on sorcs and mercs killing from 30 meters range getting best damage dealt.

Bioware did a right move by nerfing dumb specs and buffing skilled specs to the place where they should be. In general i respect 1.2 balance changes.

people hate marauders mostly because of one cooldown that has a very short timer so it is up nearly every fight.

its not very often you meet a mara in a warzone and they do not pop it at around 10 to 20% health.

Edited by tynt

All that you say is so far from the truth, that it is totally unnecessary to even comment. Live in your imaginary world, and don't be surprised that all the other players simply despise you for playing your wheelchair class.

Your argument, if I understood correctly, is that the reason Marauders/Sents are doing so well is ONLY because skilled players play that class? Right, so I'm guessing after 1.2 came out all Maras decided "you know what, I'm going to start using THE SAME abilities I had before 1.2 but now I'm going to kill players with 1110+ expertise in less than 10 seconds, just because I feel like it." Yeah I'm sure that's what happened.

A guy with high dps and amazing defensive/vanish cds is not i call a balancing thing. That is cos Marauders are really annoying and need a nerf. Dps or defence, never both. Dunno what the hell BW is doing right now, Ops were nerfed very fast, for example.

Anyway, in PVP and as teamwork concept in warzones, Tankassins are clearly the best ones. I dont understand why BW didnt change them yet.

people hate marauders mostly because of one cooldown that has a very short timer so it is up nearly every fight.

its not very often you meet a mara in a warzone and they do not pop it at around 10 to 20% health.

It only has a short timer if you spec and gear a certain way - be smart about preparation and using it. It's really just like everything else. I often find in fights that aren't one on one (and certain cases of 1v1) where it's not ready yet or you simply don't get a chance to use it. It's anything but imbalancing; it's just enough to give you that needed edge in certain situations, if you're smart about it.

Bioware buffed melee especially marauder in the latest patch makes pvp more balanced and fair. Actually melee can challenge ranged classes in warzones in fair basis. Probably marauder is now even the FOTM.

Many people tried new marauder but most of them failed. I see every warzones descent amount of marauders but only few play good, most of them are probably played arsenal merc or sorc before. The problem is to be successfull at mara you need skills. Marauder is the most skilled class of all swtor classes, especially annigilation.

Being constantly screwed by skilled marauders and inability to play marauder due to lack of skills creates wine about marauders/sentinels. It is not openess of this class it is just lack of skills. Before 1.2 everyone could press one button on sorcs and mercs killing from 30 meters range getting best damage dealt.

Bioware did a right move by nerfing dumb specs and buffing skilled specs to the place where they should be. In general i respect 1.2 balance changes.

Stop using "skill" as a blanket excuse for allowing Marauders to be far more effective than they should be. I'm not going to lie, you're right, Marauders require more concentration to play well than other classes. Marauders require a higher level of skill to play well. But does that mean every Marauder player is more skilled than every non-Marauder player in the game? No. I'm equally as skilled and geared as ANY Marauder in my server, but I still get murdered by an equal skill/gear Marauder with ease in any kind of fight because I'm not a Marauder. If anything, I think I'm MORE skilled than most Marauders now that I've had to completely revamp and refine my defensive playstyle to defend against Marauders, but I still lose. You Marauders say you use ever skill on your toolbar to own? So do I. I still lose. Even crappy Marauders require a disproportionately high amount of effort to beat.

For the record, I am perfectly fine with Marauder DPS even though your burst AND substained DPS exceeds mine by a significant amount (DPS Sage). What I am not fine with are the absurd cooldowns that the Marauder possesses that allows them to do things they really shouldn't be doing on a very frequent basis.

Edited by Underpowered

Your argument, if I understood correctly, is that the reason Marauders/Sents are doing so well is ONLY because skilled players play that class? Right, so I'm guessing after 1.2 came out all Maras decided "you know what, I'm going to start using THE SAME abilities I had before 1.2 but now I'm going to kill players with 1110+ expertise in less than 10 seconds, just because I feel like it." Yeah I'm sure that's what happened.

No he's saying unskilled FotM rerollers are resentful that they can't make the class work as well as the skilled players. Not sure if it's true, but that's what he's saying.

Marauders are annoying because they have stealth and invincibility cooldowns. I think the following two tweaks would be a great place to start:

• No heals while Undying Rage is active
  • If I haven't targeted someone else in the time it took the marauder to vanish and reappear, I should reacquire them as my target when they reappear

More balancing might not even be required.

Edited by LarryRow

No point trying to explain or teach/educate them about PVP

Becuz most of them are like this in their heads(below)

Ugh!!!!!.................... too much.... common senses......... too much....logic........

Can't process........ into my........... tiny brain.........

AUGHhhhh...... Can't learn..... skills.... can't learn... the concept of... PVP mechanics.

QQ OVERDRIVE MODE!... ENGAGE!!!!!!!!! *crysis suit voice*

Edited by EugeneYap

A guy with high dps and amazing defensive/vanish cds is not i call a balancing thing. That is cos Marauders are really annoying and need a nerf. Dps or defence, never both. Dunno what the hell BW is doing right now, Ops were nerfed very fast, for example.

Anyway, in PVP and as teamwork concept in warzones, Tankassins are clearly the best ones. I dont understand why BW didnt change them yet.

tank spec juggs and shadows in dps gear are just more stupid then marauders.

tank spec juggs

You mean, the ones that tickle you? Exactly the pathetic CC and guard bots? The ones that differ in survivability with the other jugg/guard specs just by 1x3min cd? Yes, they are stupidly underpowered, i agree.

All that you say is so far from the truth, that it is totally unnecessary to even comment. Live in your imaginary world, and don't be surprised that all the other players simply despise you for playing your wheelchair class.

Lol wheel chair class.

No he's saying unskilled FotM rerollers are resentful that they can't make the class work as well as the skilled players. Not sure if it's true, but that's what he's saying.

Marauders are annoying because they have stealth and invincibility cooldowns. I think the following two tweaks would be a great place to start:

• If I haven't targeted someone else in the time it took the marauder to vanish and reappear, I should reacquire them as my target when they reappear

Lols at your crappy bullets. This should happen while force shroud is up and after ops and assassins cloak, when they reappear you get the target back.

Lols at your crappy bullets. This should happen while force shroud is up and after ops and assassins cloak, when they reappear you get the target back.

No, it's different because Marauders/Sentinels cloak is temporary (and force shroud is not a cloak, derp). It's total cheese that they get to survive by cloaking, getting a speed boost, and then running somewhere that makes them difficult to target, like the far side of a group. Lots of times I burn one down pretty good, he cloaks, and I think, "Just wait til he reappears and kill him" except I can't or it takes way longer than it should because of targeting.

You could argue that it's the lame targeting mechanics, but I'd like to see this addressed in some fashion. I think it's fair that if I'm willing to wait 4 seconds, I should get a free target reacquisition.

lol, use a CC /FP / Stun when they using the shield, it last only 5 sec, Mara are really annoying to fight (invi and invu), but they only do dps, nothing else (all other class can do 2 things). Just play one, only few mara are really strong, most of them are very bad. I would says many sin/sni/Pt are very strong, only few are very bad.....

every class can be OP (ok not merc-arsenal anymore) some a easier that others, mara isnt the case. they are probably the easiest class to kit (if u are a sorc atleast).

I could live with those changes, personally (although the only marauder spec that should even be considered for attention is annihilation). Carnage and Rage specs perform with very brief life expectancy (even with all defensive CD's ready), yet very high potential damage output in that time-frame. Annihilation gets additional survival (with very little trade-off in the burst damage department), excels against multiple targets more easily (DoT up a tank, find a squishy, kill squishy, return to tank to finish him off - and their survivability increases significantly if they have multiple DoT's on multiple targets - sweeping slash 5 people 3 times for insane DoT's on all of them FTW! - doesn't happen enough, though). Although my marauder is carnage spec, I've run as all 3 specs (including a hybrid of annih/carnage).

Personally, I don't have any issues countering marauders (1v1) on any of my other characters (I attribute this to the fact that I play a marauder, so I know when/how best to counter). But I have to admit that annihilation/watchman spec is performing too efficiently at too many things consistantly and its self-healing really compounds any/all issues with the defensive cooldowns (which happen to be significantly necessary for the other specs).

I could live with those changes, personally (although the only marauder spec that should even be considered for attention is annihilation). Carnage and Rage specs perform with very brief life expectancy (even with all defensive CD's ready), yet very high potential damage output in that time-frame. Annihilation gets additional survival (with very little trade-off in the burst damage department), excels against multiple targets more easily (DoT up a tank, find a squishy, kill squishy, return to tank to finish him off - and their survivability increases significantly if they have multiple DoT's on multiple targets - sweeping slash 5 people 3 times for insane DoT's on all of them FTW! - doesn't happen enough, though). Although my marauder is carnage spec, I've run as all 3 specs (including a hybrid of annih/carnage).

Personally, I don't have any issues countering marauders (1v1) on any of my other characters (I attribute this to the fact that I play a marauder, so I know when/how best to counter). But I have to admit that annihilation/watchman spec is performing too efficiently at too many things consistantly and its self-healing really compounds any/all issues with the defensive cooldowns (which happen to be significantly necessary for the other specs).

In warzones who plays 1v1? I guess if you never use medpacs and LOS your own healer all the time I could see why the above would be your experience, but that isn't my experience. The WZs I play people guard and heal.

I wish my tank had a 5 second invulnerability tool.

That, IMO, is on the wrong AC. Give it to Juggs; give it to Assassins; give it to Powertechs. But an immunity to a DPS class? That's poor class design.