Dear Bioware - I don't want your stinking Recruit Gear.

Mirthadrond

I think the closure of the debate is simple.. Server populations speak louder than any forum poster, pro or anti it doesn't matter the answer and the outcome is in front of your face.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots and lots of hard truth up there.

PvP is mostly fun and easy in this game compared to others. Anyone who disagrees probably never played Quake or Unreal back in their heyday, where PvP could be downright frustrating (tele-frag anyone?) or other games where the PvP learning curve was far more severe and the competition much more fierce.

This is how it SHOULD be but the population of players who think like this is small and spread out amongst all the servers. The majority wants to be lead around on a leash.

Let me be clear, THANK YOU for changing the gearing up process. Being able to buy Recruit gear is a nice option.. FOR PVE'rs.

However - as a PVP player, I'm sorry, but it is insufficient for my needs. When my 'next' toon hit's 50, I would like the option to buy MORE than 2 pieces of Battlemaster gear.

At current BM prices, and the 'questionable' cap on War Zone commendations (2000 - a seemingly arbitrary number to be honest..) makes this is all but impossible.

PLEASE... FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY - Increase our War Zone commendations cap to AT THE VERY LEAST 5000 comms. I'd prefer NO cap at all.... but I know you wont do that for "insert stupid reason here".

I have a GREAT time pvping from lvl 10 - 49. Granted I can save 2000 comms, buy 2 pieces of BM gear, but I STILL FEEL LIKE I HIT LIKE A WET NOODLE.

Then... as a PVP player, I have to grind out the next 2 weeks replacing all my recruit gear, so I DONT hit like a wet noodle and DONT get utterly destroyed in 4 GCD's.

WHY?? When during my slog to 50, I could have purchased an entire set of BM gear, and STILL have comms left over?? I'll be at 50 valor the moment I ding 50.

STOP punishing me, and every other dedicated PVP player out there by forcing us to buy recruit gear to continue playing PVP after we hit lvl 50.

PLEASE allow us to save MORE than 2000 war zone commendations.

Thank you.

I think saving more than 2000 is reasonable...

However, I think slogging your way through gear tiers is the effective way to make PvP progression work. Bioware did the right thing and is not locking people out of gear. That would be foolish. Still, you still have to fight your way up to the gear. That's the PvP reward. When you have the better gear you have a slight edge on those who don't. In the end its the team that makes all the difference.

I would hate to see the end game groups you run with that allow you to run hard modes in Recruit gear.

I don't think that's what the o.p. meant.....I think he meant that a PvE'r who has not PvP'd hardly at all, can simply buy all their PvP gear to start PvP'ing with and the PvP'r who has been PvPing the whole time.....is left with the same option only.