Pugs ruin pvp

mikedee

so good said Staalker.

any1 who doesnt want me to solo q just pay me regularly every month (we can bargain for the price), and promise i wud not even log in the game.

grow up, there is no place for such claims like the OP did in a world where you pay money. money talks kiddo. this is not ur fathers gift, bought for you to play alone with your friends only.

btw im sry if im too agressive, but really can't understand when ppl want all others to be like him/herself.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Title says it all. Make friends. L2p as a team. If you can't do those things don't q.

Love when our two guild premades get broken up with 2 afk pugs that do nothing helpfull and on top of that it is 6v8 with them but it is really like 4v8.

I didn't know dogs could play this game, ooooohhh......QQ

Is it those dogs that were sitting around the card table In That one painting? Oohh but wait those were not pugs, what QQ**** the two dogs from homeward bound....no not pugs either

HmmmmQQ

Maybe hooch? No not a pug....damn

Triumph the insult comic dog......no he is a god damn hand puppet......

QQ

Maybe one of Michael vicks rescues? No those were pitbulls

Nope wait figured it olut, pitbull the rapper he is ruining pvp , but he be human

It's got to be frank the talking pug from men in black , hopefully he dies in the 3rd one so you can get your pvp back

Title says it all. Make friends. L2p as a team. If you can't do those things don't q.

Love when our two guild premades get broken up with 2 afk pugs that do nothing helpfull and on top of that it is 6v8 with them but it is really like 4v8.

Agreed entirely.

+1

I can speak from both sides, having been pugging it non-stop since launch, until a few days ago, when I joined a guild, and started rolling in premades. You're working from a few incorrect assumptions...

The first of which being, that PuG players don't try, or are all horrible. Just not true, and to say it is is an exaggeration. This is coming from a PuG player who was asked to join the guild of some of the premades I was thrown in with, so I would humbly suggest you do the same thing and think of the opportunity to play with some PuGs as time to screen some talent. Think of the larger impact to the game, not just yourself and whether you win that particular WZ.

The second of which being, that what YOU want is more important than what other people want. PuG or Premade everybody pays their 14.99/mo and since PuGs probably make up the vast majority of server population, what YOU want is probably LESS important than what they want.

It makes you and your friends upset when you have to play with a couple PuGs? It makes hundreds of PuGs upset to get farmed by premades over and over. Importance of your guild being happy < Everybody esle being happy.

Plus do you really think people would run out and join a guild if they took away solo q'ing? They would just unsub. Enjoy waiting for 2 hours per WZ...

this needs to be quoted for emphasis

Situation few days ago: 8 people in wz, 3 of those were of the same guild, so let's call those 3 premade. Immediately one of those 3 started saying that they will go take right turret (alderaan) and all others should do the other 2. He/she repetead that same "order" several times. They WILL take right one, so noone else should go there.

So wz starts and they go right all others go mid. Do you know what happened 15 seconds into the fight. All those 3 little *****es quit wz. Apparently they got owned by some other premade group and decided to f.. up entire group. In the meantime we managed to get the middle and since we were suddenly 3 people down, didn't stand much chance after that. All because of some intellectually or otherwise challenged premade group.

So ... NO, pugs don't ruin PVP. Stupid and/or childish players do.

? you say dont queue but then say you love it?

my brain hurts

ever heard of sarcasm ?

I agree with the topic. Though I'm in a PvP guild, people often get demotivated for pugs ruining all the premade's work. They can't write in chat, it's annoying to play like this. PvPers are getting a bit tired of waiting for Ranked WZs and I'm getting sick of watching so many good PvPers quit the game because of it.

Situation few days ago: 8 people in wz, 3 of those were of the same guild, so let's call those 3 premade. Immediately one of those 3 started saying that they will go take right turret (alderaan) and all others should do the other 2. He/she repetead that same "order" several times. They WILL take right one, so noone else should go there.

So wz starts and they go right all others go mid. Do you know what happened 15 seconds into the fight. All those 3 little *****es quit wz. Apparently they got owned by some other premade group and decided to f.. up entire group. In the meantime we managed to get the middle and since we were suddenly 3 people down, didn't stand much chance after that. All because of some intellectually or otherwise challenged premade group.

So ... NO, pugs don't ruin PVP. Stupid and/or childish players do.

Yeah .... this.

ever heard of sarcasm ?

I agree with the topic. Though I'm in a PvP guild, people often get demotivated for pugs ruining all the premade's work. They can't write in chat, it's annoying to play like this. PvPers are getting a bit tired of waiting for Ranked WZs and I'm getting sick of watching so many good PvPers quit the game because of it.

Isn't really their fault, oke there are alot of bad ones but it's still a CASUAL game it's not aimed at hardcore pvp. You're in the wrong place for that, want PvP? play LoL or DOTA or Heroes of Newerth, hell switch to GW2.

Problem today is the fact that people are pretty much grinding for full WH, this results in premades to lessen the burden of the grind, however you actually destroy the PvP landscape with that by introducing a "ranked match" into the casual ground --> alot of demotivated players.

There was a thread about this awhile ago about some guild who's doing nothing but PM's on his server in the hope to literally destroy PvP on his server this way.

Why don't you guys stop queuing as groups and ruining puggers gameplay by making sure they're matched against another premade? Go to Outlaw's Den or something. :p

Goes both ways.

Since they're not going to separate group and solo queues, I wish they'd just remove the solo queue option entirely. That way we also don't need to re-group after each match, and we should also get full 8 man, but if you don't have enough for 8 the system should put 4v4 matches too which could be fun since the maps are so tiny to begin with.

I mean you could do a 4 man heroic with only 2 people, but who does that? And if you do, the game doesn't automatically group you with 2 other people right?

Hahaha, so much arrogance and ignorance in one. Wow.

I'd love to see how long the queues would be for you guys, though, if there were no puggers at all.

Isn't really their fault, oke there are alot of bad ones but it's still a CASUAL game it's not aimed at hardcore pvp. You're in the wrong place for that, want PvP? play LoL or DOTA or Heroes of Newerth, hell switch to GW2.

Problem today is the fact that people are pretty much grinding for full WH, this results in premades to lessen the burden of the grind, however you actually destroy the PvP landscape with that by introducing a "ranked match" into the casual ground --> alot of demotivated players.

They have the solution: ranked WZs. Why should I just satisfy myself with casual if I like it hardcore and the game can provide that ? You're saying just because I love Star Wars and I like the game I can't have decent, well played and balanced PvP ? Why am I struggling to get full augmented WH gear and sometimes get 2 or 3 pugs with 12k life and some of them with green PvE items and ranked below lvl 30?

Ranked PvP cross server is the solution, you can get decent PvP and if there is someone's fault then it's all your premade's fault. I rather be able to blame my premade and see where the gaps and faults are then queuing with pugs and don't be able to improve as a team because most times you don't know if you're just doing something wrong or if are the pugs you were queued with to blame.

This has got to be the funniest thread I've read in quite some time. So let me make sure I understand this: You're nerd raging b/c your 6-8 man premade got broken up into 2 groups & you had to fight against each other rather than roflstomp against 8 puggers? Let me guess, your side lost.

Typical person running around with thoughts that everyone has to think/play like they do.

"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity". ~Frank Leahy, Look, 10 January 1955

No the opposite is true. Premades ruin PVP and PUGs are fun.

Reason is random people can play and do pretty well and have fun.

Premade wipes the PUGs out and complain that the PUGs are the problem. Backwards really the Premade is the problem.

We pay money to have fun, if you want to make it a life style and religion then fine, go play other Premades all the time. And NEVER EVER PLAY AGAINST A PUG.

Want to know what happens in the future? Premades died in other games. Just the facts.....

Edited by Metalmac

what is ruining it for the pug's is that they often fail to communicate, fail to check map , report inc, etc in wz.

just think about it, how many times did you loose a capped point due to the characters guarding it failed to let their team know the status.

Idiots ruin PvP, that includes but is not limited to: people who dont listen, people refusing to learn, elitist ******es who think they are better then everyone else.

Pugs can be perfectly usefull in PvP, just because someone doesn't enter with a premade doesn't make them a bad player.

Idiots ruin PvP, that includes but is not limited to: people who dont listen, people refusing to learn, elitist ******es who think they are better then everyone else.

Pugs can be perfectly usefull in PvP, just because someone doesn't enter with a premade doesn't make them a bad player.

I was in this premade with Michael, and the pugs he's talking about can't contribute to anything. Maybe its different on other servers (which is why people on fatman could never understand this point), but on our server, where there's only 20 people on at a time at peak time, everyone knows everyone. If you dont know anyone or have someone to queue with on our server, then you have anti-social issues and are definitely not going to help the team out. none of the pugs on our server are going to cooperate with anyone or contribute to the game at all...

Pre-Mades Ruin PvP

Love when our PUGS get stuck with 2 crappy pre-mades that do nothing helpfull and on top of that it is 6v8 with them but it is really like 4v8.

This has got to be the funniest thread I've read in quite some time. So let me make sure I understand this: You're nerd raging b/c your 6-8 man premade got broken up into 2 groups & you had to fight against each other rather than roflstomp against 8 puggers? Let me guess, your side lost.

Typical person running around with thoughts that everyone has to think/play like they do.

"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity". ~Frank Leahy, Look, 10 January 1955

No half of our premade(4 people) would have to take turns waiting 20 mins for the other group with the 2 afk pugs to play and get rolled. Your reading skills need to improve. As well as your comprehension.

All you guys that say you are pugs were like the under 1k bracket in wow arenas? Exactly. Sorry that pro players don't want to play with noobs. I never would randomly group up to do arenas or bg's in wow. I won't do it here. All the good pvpers know that you only roll premades for anything. I guess this is what seperates the community. 99% realist 1% elitest 100% better than you.

Let me guess when ranked wz's come out you guys are going to pug those too? LOL good luck

Pugs that keep our wz popping actually, cant blame them. Better with pugs than having no wz at all.

^ bingo, and this is why it is not going to change, people cant even find a group for flashpoints, imagine if you had to find a group to pvp. Wonder would that would be like?

Gear progression in mmos is all about team work and friends. So if you want to do a ops or hm u go in solo? Funny wzs are a team effort also. Maybe you guys should play 1 player games if you want a solo environment meant for gaming.

So what will your bs excuse be when they implement a LFG feature that includes operations, which is already confirmed as being part of 1.3? It functions exactly like the PvP queue system that pits random people against operations that queue up for it.

PvP is PvP, if you don't like PUGs take a pre-made, if you don't like that then hell what are you doing?

Yes some people are terrible but I'm sure they're trying, the worst thing you can do is whine at them as effectively it takes 2 people out of the group not 1.

Someone not doing it right? How about ask if they need help? Strange concept I know but give it a try.

Also without PUGs and Pre-mades there wouldn't be any warzones so chill and enjoy.

I totally crap my pants everytime I see a guy called Iceinferno on my server because I know he's a beast. He can roll up on his own or with a pre-made either way his team are most likely going to win.