Are the set bonuses not worth it for maras?

i had posted this question in another thread and didnt get a response and i have done a search and didnt come up with much of a solid answer. I have been looking at all these threads about how "your warrior looks' and "post your mara" but it doesnt seem like anyone really cares about the 4 piece bonus, i know the 2 piece can be hidden easily. My mara is only 24 so i havent tried or really researched much on end game gear yet, thanx for any help in advanced.

The PVP set bonus I really like. 5 extra meters of range on Vicious Throw is fantastic for capping off fleeing healers and such. Even better when someone thinks they've outranged you because they've stepped outside of 10 meters. I don't ever want augments badly enough in PVP to sacrifice extra range on my execute skill.

The PVE set bonus isn't as solid, but Vicious Throw is one of our most rage-efficient damage sources, and a 33% cost reduction in the last phase of a boss fight (when things tend to go sideways, if they're going to at all) gives you a lot more wiggle room. Makes perfect sense why people will sacrifice the set bonus for augments, as it's generally going to be a slight DPS gain to do so. I wouldn't call it worthless, but I'd also not just throw away tiered gear for BH gear and give up the set bonus for nothing (rather, I'd pull the mods from the BH gear and slot into gear with augment slots or set bonus).

It's not that they're "not worth it", it's just that they're not so good that you'd even notice them being gone. They're so minimal, they may as well not even exist. It's not even enough to gain a *SLIGHT* advantage in any engagement.

To add to this, the set bonuses for all classes aren't that exceptional. None of them are game changers, just slightly useful.

5 augmented gear =

+90 main stat

+60 endurance

Better than any 4 set bonus

(Top tier armour mods hold set bonuses, so if you have the time to grind war hero, you can get augments + set bonuses. As I said earlier, go for the tank gear set bonus.)

I dropped my set bonus to get full augmented gear, but definitely noticed the loss of our 4pc. I didn't think that i'd find as many situations that I would have killed someone with that extra 5 meters, but I did. I've since gotten my 4pc back with the WH gear and it's nice to have it back.

>Get the tank dps war hero gear

>Put mods into augmented orange

>4 set bonus = +10% damage for 5 secs after leap

>??????

>profit

I can't imagine 10% more damage for 5s after a leap will be useful at all against a decent group of players. I'd think the Undying CD reduction would be far far more useful, especially for Rage Mara's, not to mention the extra VT range (longer range root for Carnage).

I can't imagine 10% more damage for 5s after a leap will be useful at all against a decent group of players. I'd think the Undying CD reduction would be far far more useful, especially for Rage Mara's, not to mention the extra VT range (longer range root for Carnage).

Alot more useful than +5m on saber throw in my opinion. Against good players that's not going to clutch a victory. Assuming your not playing huttball, and playing average players, using a specced 12sec leap as soon as it comes off cd, thats almost half of your damage increased by 10%.

Obviously, against better players you'd keep your leap in pocket to close gaps, but still using it frequently, i'd take a +10% damage over increased range any day.

Each to their own however

Juggs 4pc set bonus dwarfs ours, it's not even a contest. Imagine a 10% damage increase to Ravage almost every time you use it. Vengeance Juggs absolutely love their set bonus. They charge in, charge procs their CC immunity for 4 seconds, their 4pc procs +10% damage, and then they hammer Ravage. I'd kill to trade 4 piece bonuses with them.

You're also mistaken. Our 4 piece set bonus increases the range of Vicious Throw (our execute), not Deadly Throw (healing reduction and root for Carnage).

Juggs 4pc set bonus dwarfs ours, it's not even a contest. Imagine a 10% damage increase to Ravage almost every time you use it. Vengeance Juggs absolutely love their set bonus. They charge in, charge procs their CC immunity for 4 seconds, their 4pc procs +10% damage, and then they hammer Ravage. I'd kill to trade 4 piece bonuses with them.

You're also mistaken. Our 4 piece set bonus increases the range of Vicious Throw (our execute), not Deadly Throw (healing reduction and root for Carnage).

Ah yeah, that's right, I always confuse VT and DT.

While I can see (and know firsthand) how good the 4-pc bonus is for Vengy Juggs, that's exactly why I don't think it's that great for Mara's. Vengy Juggs will get 4/5 of that extra damage all the time because they're immune to all CC, but my experience has been that if I charge into a Ravage I immediately get CC'ed/KB'ed before it has a chance to get past the first two hits. The only time I'll use Ravage is if my target is hard-CC'ed in some way, doesn't have a knockback/all of their CC is down, or else I have a full resolve bar. Otherwise I never seem to be able to get the whole thing off, and I spend most of my time snared and kited.

Typically my first move after charging is to snare my target anyway, simply because I'm almost always knocked back and snared as soon as I make contact, and that's with saving my Charge for a mid-combat re-engagement following another knockback.

Then again, most games I've been in have had 3-5 Sorcs in them lately, all coordinating knockbacks and Force Slow to keep melee off of them. Which is why I laugh when I see the Sorcs in the pvp forums complain about being destroyed my Mara's and Sent's; of course if you try and face tank a Mara you'll be destroyed, but a pair of Sorcs working in concert can keep a pair of Mara's perpetually out of melee range and snared almost full time while also killing them.