KC PvPers, how do you open?

Sturjus

I know some people that open w/ a Project, but I believe that cost:damage isn't worth it. Why not open w/ Slow Time, then double strike for proc, Project, Slow Time, then TK Throw?

It really depends on who I am fighting. I sometimes open with slow time, and FB vs hard hitting classes. Project with team focus and solos I'll open with either DS or ST depedning on the class.

Your rotation really depends on whats going on.

I know some people that open w/ a Project, but I believe that cost:damage isn't worth it. Why not open w/ Slow Time, then double strike for proc, Project, Slow Time, then TK Throw?

Because there's this thing called Particle Acceleration that resets the CD on project, therefore allowing you to have a chance to use it 2 times before a 6 sec CD.

Opening w/ project>Slow Time>DS is the way to go.

shock<slowtime<double strike(proc)<adrenal+relic<shock<force potency<tk

or

shock<slowtime<double strike(no proc)<double strike(proc)<saber strike<relic+adrenal<shock<force potency<tk

Depends on class your fighting, this all out dmg for me.

Defensive rotations are all situational of course.

What Xin and XPROOF basically said. If you have stalker 4pc you can pop Recklessness/Potency with the second Shock/Project already.

If you face opponents that are heavy on kiting, you may want to start with a snare attack, just don't use stun-attacks as an opener, as you would then waste them.

Edited by Okema

Because there's this thing called Particle Acceleration that resets the CD on project, therefore allowing you to have a chance to use it 2 times before a 6 sec CD.

Why not go ST > project > DS > project

It accomplishes everything you are trying to accomplish with your rotation, but you get the debuff on your opponent sooner.

Why not go ST > project > DS > project

It accomplishes everything you are trying to accomplish with your rotation, but you get the debuff on your opponent sooner.

So go for it. The point is to get a project in before the DS.

This is what I do, not to mention better burst with the delay on project if you use slow time immediately.

The obvious priority queue is Project and then Slow Time.

The reason for this is not that you hope your DS resets your Project (when that happens, it won't matter whether you did Slow Time or Project first), but that you set your rotation up for the worst possible case, which is NOT having your DS reset your Project (in which case you'd build HDx3 a global sooner with the Project > Slow Time queue than with the Slow Time > Project queue), while at the same time maximizing your damage within a given 6s window (and the side effect of having your first Project and Slow Time hit in the same time stamp).

I hope that clears it up.

Edited by Payneintherear

^ this

The fastest TK cycle you can sustain is Project > Slow time > Saber Strike x3 > Project > Throw

That's another reason you would like to open with a Project

DS is fine when you are DPS geared AND confident into the squeeshyness of your opponent

When you face an heavy armor wielder, and healer that is running alone or another tank, I think myself you should rather aim to a fast and sustainable cycle, which mean to drop Dual Strike because with Project x2 + Slow Time + Throw used in a rapid fashion, you don't have much force left anyway

But that's all about how is the current situation. If you are protecting a healer, the best opening is Guard/Mind, Control, Kick, Project, and so on.

To speak of one "opening" is imho rather a bad way to figure how to play. You open with what is suitable. I even see situations where I open with Mind Maze (1vs2, strating from stealth) or Slow Time/Breach (mass fight) or Sprint/Kick (fast interception) or Stun or something else...

Situations where you are one vs one, and with all your cooldowns up, and without stealth.... are pretty rare if you play well. So there is no "standard opening". You analyse and adapt.

... but yes, there are times where you should open with a Project. Nothing surprising about that. You open with a project each time you want to reach your first Telekinetic Throw the fastest possible, but as said Shinarika in her video, you shouldn't try to Throw blindly without figuring the situation.

Edited by Moonheart_S

Which video are you referring to?

To what Moonheart said about double-strike:

I think this is a very good point... Use DS at the start only to put in some more pressure but the longer a fight takes the more it besomes a battle of force costs.

Edited by Okema