pre level 50 pvp point?

SpecialEnmity

just wondering.. I haven't played in a few months. Since warzone commendations seem to cap at 2000.... and since you can't buy level 50 pvp items until you are level 50... is there any point to pvping before level 50 other than to complete the daily for the reward... and for experience and fun in general?

i belive you can start buying rated coms at rank 40? so lvl 40 if you keep your rank capped at rank=lvl

if you do lvl 40-50 strictly from WZ's i think you could have quite a lot of ranked coms by 50

if you need something to spend coms on before 40, buy WZ medpacs and adrenals, once you hit 50 you really want to spend all your coms on gear

so i would say theres definatly a point, if you start doing 50 pvp in recruit gear or even worse lvling gear, its going to be a rough experience, but if you can get a few pieces of ranked gear right away it will help

Edited by donlep

i belive you can start buying rated coms at rank 40? so lvl 40 if you keep your rank capped at rank=lvl

if you do lvl 40-50 strictly from WZ's i think you could have quite a lot of ranked coms by 50

if you need something to spend coms on before 40, buy WZ medpacs and adrenals, once you hit 50 you really want to spend all your coms on gear

so i would say theres definatly a point, if you start doing 50 pvp in recruit gear or even worse lvling gear, its going to be a rough experience, but if you can get a few pieces of ranked gear right away it will help

+1 at valor rank 40 you can convert your coms for rated coms

Edited by Jonril
just re-read the quote and relized you were saying the same as me :)

Need war hero valor rank to wear war hero gear

You need rank 70 to wear the orange custom war hero, you can buy the purple as soon as you have a BM piece to trade in.

Also to OP what I do with my alts when every I get low is just buy as many warzone stims as I can and mail them to my main.

How about to have fun? Have MMO players reached a point where they longer play to have fun, but because they are compelled to?

^this!!! Why is it that we need rewards to justify pvping? Coming from SWG (preCU) the were not rewards for pvping besides having a ton of fun and having epic battles in AH or Theed.

To level, have fun and learn the class. Plus on my server it's the only way to get a match without standing around for 40 minutes. Low level is much more active.

I find it to be more competitive as well. People don't seem to give up as easily and you don't have to worry as much about a gear gap.

How about to have fun? Have MMO players reached a point where they longer play to have fun, but because they are compelled to?

well I have fun leveling up through PVP or through PVE. I would rather do the one that would benefit my character more though. Since custom war hero gear seems nice I might try that route although I know it would take ages.

is the orange gear better than the purple? or just same stats but more elitist?

well I have fun leveling up through PVP or through PVE. I would rather do the one that would benefit my character more though. Since custom war hero gear seems nice I might try that route although I know it would take ages.

is the orange gear better than the purple? or just same stats but more elitist?

If you crit the Orange gear it can have an augment slot. So if you have the time and a crafter who can craft them OR the money to buy a crafted version looking at 1 to 2 million for a set . they are superior to the regular set for that extra slot.

Hording comms, hording adrenals and hording medpacks. Practicing builds, practicing how to PVP, learning the objectives, all ideallly so when you do get to 50 you'll be an asset to your team instead of dead weight that needs to be carried.