The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVP Daily FAIL. What were you thinking?

DarthWoad

that's his point.. they don't care if they win because they will still get the daily done. so they just /sit or /dance for 15-20 min and get the 1 game played.

i'm in total agreement with the OP..

News Flash - This has been happening in civil war well before this change to the daily. The problem is not with the daily, it is with folks that give up when they face adversity in any form.

News Flash - This has been happening in civil war well before this change to the daily. The problem is not with the daily, it is with folks that give up when they face adversity in any form.

No, the problem is the daily. People are working less hard to win because even if they lose they still get a reward. I dont care about the rewards, I play for fun..its no fun when the rest of your team just sit around.

It is just a way to attract more "CASUAL PLAYERS" to pvp. 3 wins or 6 loses is also helpful for "bad days" of one side.

I have been pvp-ing everyday but there are days that I am so bad luck that I keep getting into bad PUGs and losing for straight 3 days.:rak_01:

99 wz and 99 ranked comm reward is not that much game breaking thing (A bit helpful to closer the gear gap though).

It's pretty funny all the guy talking about how the gear gap between premades and casual get bigger clearly has no idea what they're talking about.

Your real hardcores have nearly full WH by now. The gear gap cannot get any bigger no matter what because once you have full WH, that's it (unless you count WZ consumables, but that's a different issue). Either people are too stupid to realize these evil premades are already in near if not outright full WH or more likely they're actually the premades trying to put the little guy down on some bogus argument, because obviously the losers still catch up quicker in this new daily system compared to before. The winners don't get any more ahead because they should have WH done by now if they're truly winning.

Sad to say people been giving up on PvP matches before the change. The difference now is they stick around till the end.

^This. The only difference is that people will stop leaving until they get their daily done. If your team had the doomed mentality prior to the change they would have made sure they got their medals or just straight left so they could find a winning match. Either way you would have probably lost, now at least you get credit for playing the game.

The problem isn't BW it's the players. You can't fix players. BW can just relieve issues caused by them.

Edited by DarkDruidSS

No, the problem is the daily. People are working less hard to win because even if they lose they still get a reward. I dont care about the rewards, I play for fun..its no fun when the rest of your team just sit around.

Then you must not have been doing this for very long if you think that this quit and dance mentality has not been going on for a very long, long, long, time before this change to the daily.

It even happens in the low is bracket. Game gets out of reach and you start seeing the emotes spam in ops chat " so and so sits down next to what's his name." "player x assures everyone that these are not the Delors being sought" etc...

I feel your pain in dealing with quitters, but in this case you have to hate the player not the game.

Long story short, BW is tired of players dropping subs every time 1 little thing doesn't go the way they want. It's similar to when WoW started practically giving epics away for just logging in to the game with pvp/pve. I don't think the problem is the game, the problem is the whiny playerbase.

"It doesn't matter if we win or lose, I'll still finish my daily"

Firstly, do you play on a PvP or a PvE Server? Can't tell by your sig.

Secondly, it's not at all strange for weak players to completely collapse in the face of stiff opposition, especially when they are getting routinely wrecked. This happened before the patch quite frequently.

I hardly see how this one example could be used to support the generalization that the change to the PvP Daily was a fail. The change was not that extensive. It's essentially the same, except now games played counts. One bad WZ does not a failed daily make. Props to you for sticking it out though.

I got stuck in one of these matches yesterday, yeah it's disgusting but its a crappy players issue not a crappy systems issue.

Bingo.

The issue (on my server, at least) isn't just the whole "oh well, we lose, let me just milk medals and still get credit for daily" mentality, but also the fact that even when I'm in a premade group, the other 4 members of the team now tend to be fresh 50's, 50's that never pvp'd before (and happen to always wear pve gear), and even 50's that are still wearing lv. 40 pvp gear (albeit, we did have a tank-specced jug wearing lv. 34 green gear who only had 10,9k hp after BH buff a few times) are now all pugging up at prime-time (when the republic alpha team queues). Sure, before the patch we could carry 1 or 2 fresh 50's on our team and still win, but now it's damn near impossible when team composition turns out like this against geared teams.

Isn't Eclipse a PvE Server? Of course, the players there are probably horrible at PvP.

And more peeps queuing for PvP is a good thing. Show them the ropes. Help them with strats. They may be scrubs now, but in a week or two they could easily become difference makers.

I don't hate the patch, or what BW was trying to do, but it ruined PvP on my server.

What server do you play on?

Firstly, do you play on a PvP or a PvE Server? Can't tell by your sig.

Secondly, it's not at all strange for weak players to completely collapse in the face of stiff opposition, especially when they are getting routinely wrecked. This happened before the patch quite frequently.

I hardly see how this one example could be used to support the generalization that the change to the PvP Daily was a fail. The change was not that extensive. It's essentially the same, except now games played counts. One bad WZ does not a failed daily make. Props to you for sticking it out though.

Bingo.

Isn't Eclipse a PvE Server? Of course, the players there are probably horrible at PvP.

And more peeps queuing for PvP is a good thing. Show them the ropes. Help them with strats. They may be scrubs now, but in a week or two they could easily become difference makers.

What server do you play on?

I play on a PVP server. And I quote it because those are the exact words that they said....like 4 of them on my team said "same" in reply to it.

I call shenanigans. His team only has 20 points in the screenshot, meaning they JUST captured that turret. This isn't a pic of them stalling and dancing around. This is a pic of them at the end of the battle for the one turret they captured.

OP is fabricating a story because he's angry he didn't get the one warzone win he needed to complete the daily and had to play one more match (see screenshot for that, too).

pwned

Based on your UI and quests, you seem to be a fresh 50 that got ownd by a premade. You should be glad the loss credit exists.

People are lazy by default, with or without credit for losing. Chalk up the loss and hope to get on a better team next time. If you don't, you'll still get your daily done.