How long will you wait?

Melysintat

Honestly, to those who are bored and waiting for transfers...just unsub for a month. Dunno in dollars but in the UK that's £9 saved or whatever, and then just resub when they announce transfers.

I think quite a few people are taking that option but people rarely come back to game once they have unsubbed. It really wasn't a sound business plan from Bw to ignore the population issues that have been known to be on some servers from january.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the bottom line.

Bioware released a game that is not ready to release. Its STILL not ready to release.

Then they thought hey, we can get people to pay us while we finish it. BAD IDEA.

Now they have tanked the entire game and the bad rep from this will prevent it from ever being anything but a "star wars game".

I use pay cards, so after the free month is over I will be waiting untill the game is ACTUALY ready for release before I give them any more money.

Your subs will continue to drop until.

1. servers are merged MERGED!!!

2. The time to death in pvp is increased.

3. you entirely rework the engine.

The game is really fubar I dont know how you are gonna fix it and its sad cuz I really like playing.

I think quite a few people are taking that option but people rarely come back to game once they have unsubbed. It really wasn't a sound business plan from Bw to ignore the population issues that have been known to be on some servers from january.

I haven't returned to FUBAR games in the past because they were broken. I don't see SWTOR as broken, it is just unfinished. If, and it's a huge IF, they manage to complete the game they may be able to resusitate it. I can't imagine the damage they've caused themselves and how much time/effort/money it's going to take to get it back on track, but IF they do I think people will come back and take a second look.

As I said, the game is unfinished, unlike other MMOs that were broken beyond description (AoC, Aion, etc). I really hope they can/do fix it, but I'm not going to continue to pay for something based on hope even if the monthly sub is less than I spend on lunch every day.

Edited by Solyad

The only fault I can find from Bioware is that they didn't anticpate players getting to 50 as fast as they did and in all honesty, those players are the MMORPG hoppers anway. SWTOR is definately not geared right now towards the hardcore players.

not all power levelers are mmo hoppers I have played a total of 2 mmo's before this one and I power leveled 2 characters to 50. there is a hole list of issues being ignored within this game that need to be addressed that they keep on ignoring that is why people are going to leave not because we power levelers are going to mmo hop.

I've got maybe one month left in me, how about the rest of you? And will you come back later if you do leave? And I would really love to hear from BW in this thread too for all of us who want to stay, give us a reason to.

When my wife and I get bored of playing, we'll unsubscribe. Hasn't happened yet.

When it does, we'll unsubscribe and I'll not waste time coming here to post about it. Instead, we'll be doing something else.

When my wife and I get bored of playing, we'll unsubscribe. Hasn't happened yet.

When it does, we'll unsubscribe and I'll not waste time coming here to post about it. Instead, we'll be doing something else.[/quote

That is exactly my point, and what will be the final blow to this game. Most people will just leave, just as probably 80% of the people who started it already have. The point of the post is to get the devs to save it. They've lost a huge amount of people, and will lose most of the others without a word being said by them, such as yourselves, I want it to succeed, but without the devs reacting soon it will be all over for everyone. How much support will they give to the game when they've only got a 2-3 servers left, because everyone else have left?

When it does, we'll unsubscribe and I'll not waste time coming here to post about it. Instead, we'll be doing something else.

You'll just waste time typing about how you won't waste time when your time comes, because you'll be busy not wasting time.

I think you have an incredibly unhealthy emotional investment to this game, and should probably go ahead and stop visiting the forums, cancel your subscription, and really go do something else (not just pretend that you do).

When it does, we'll unsubscribe and I'll not waste time coming here to post about it. Instead, we'll be doing something else.[/quote

That is exactly my point, and what will be the final blow to this game. Most people will just leave, just as probably 80% of the people who started it already have. The point of the post is to get the devs to save it. They've lost a huge amount of people, and will lose most of the others without a word being said by them, such as yourselves, I want it to succeed, but without the devs reacting soon it will be all over for everyone. How much support will they give to the game when they've only got a 2-3 servers left, because everyone else have left?

I have a feeling that EA has already written the game off and is in the process of dismantling Bioware's MMO groups. We aren't hearing anything from any developers, they're putting off subscription-saving transfers that they already have the tech and processes for, and they've given up trying to hit their promises of constant content, legacy, and VIP vendor updates. In other words the game looks like it's already on maintenance mode.

They'll release 1.3 whenever they can, probably not for another month. They won't do server consolidations/mergers because that will take extra work on their part, so they'll replicate what they did in Warhammer Online: player driven server consolidations/mergers by gradually allowing players to perform specified transfers over time. The effect will be slow server deaths, as players hop from server to server as they slowly die, eventually ending up with three or four servers. Exactly like what happened with Warhammer Online. They could just merge servers now, but it is apparent planning and critical thinking aren't their strong points.

Edited by ohpleasework

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.