Fix hunker down you idiots!!!

I literally can't imagine an easier ability to code, yet for over a month(possibly more) the one ability that makes this class worth playing is completely worthless. I have counted at least a dozen abilities in PvP that knock me out of Hunker Down, often within the first few seconds.

If you can't fix this ability, please quit the video game business and go back to making medical supplies.

I literally can't imagine an easier ability to code, yet for over a month(possibly more) the one ability that makes this class worth playing is completely worthless. I have counted at least a dozen abilities in PvP that knock me out of Hunker Down, often within the first few seconds.

If you can't fix this ability, please quit the video game business and go back to making medical supplies.

I'm glad you are assisting them by submitting the easily created code to fix this issue. You are a great help to the community and to Bioware for such assistance.

Three things:

1) Who says the ability is broken at all? The tooltip says it makes you immune to all "controlling effects" while active and while you remain in cover. Controlling effects are things like CC. Knockbacks/downs or even some Stuns will most likely still function.

2) Don't be a ******* to people if you want them to do anything. If this were my game I'd ban you purely for acting like an adolescent. Grow up and write a support ticket and post in the requested changes forum, if you truly want it changed. Don't pout and cry about your problems...find ways of fixing them.

3) You have no idea how hard it would be to code anything. Most likely it's something simple (setting a flag to create the immunity), but the change also hinges on staying in cover, only being immune to certain skills, ending if any number of modifiers are enacted (getting out of cover, knocked down, etc...), and more that you couldn't even think of. Don't ever assume a coding change is easy...most of the time when people assume something like that it's because they don't know a thing about enterprise-level coding. Just because you can make a simple VB script doesn't mean you know how to code an MMO that millions of people play.

Three things:

1) Who says the ability is broken at all? The tooltip says it makes you immune to all "controlling effects" while active and while you remain in cover. Controlling effects are things like CC. Knockbacks/downs or even some Stuns will most likely still function.

Does force choke count Control? I've been choked out of Hunker a few times during the 6 second duration.

I'm guessing because Force Choke is a Force ability and it seems to work through hunker down. The tool tip doesn't say much...

I guess since the people who responded have only been playing since patch 1.2, I need to explain something to them.

Hunker Down used to provide immunity to everything. Now it doesn't. There was no patch note about it being rebalanced to only work when it feels like it, just a core ability that now ceases to function in a way that makes it useful. 1.2 Even added a new talent that makes you take less aoe damage while in HD, yet virtually every CC in the game now has a chance to knock you out. The inconsistency is what is most embarrassing, because being immune to everything seems a lot easier to code than being immune to some things.

Furthermore....it used to work perfectly. Now it is broken. It has stayed broken too long and I don't mind saying so.

Furthermore....it used to work perfectly. Now it is broken. It has stayed broken too long and I don't mind saying so.

It never has worked perfectly. Against the rocketeers on Alderaan, for example, I buzzed through that planet first week of January, and Hunker Down didn't work against them. As one example.

the only time hunker down did not work for me was when i was force chocked out of it and the jug who used it died mid way, i was then left hanging there holding my neck watching helplessly as they armed the door, they finaly killed me after loling and i had to leave the wz as i could not move.

I guess since the people who responded have only been playing since patch 1.2, I need to explain something to them.

Hunker Down used to provide immunity to everything. Now it doesn't. There was no patch note about it being rebalanced to only work when it feels like it, just a core ability that now ceases to function in a way that makes it useful. 1.2 Even added a new talent that makes you take less aoe damage while in HD, yet virtually every CC in the game now has a chance to knock you out. The inconsistency is what is most embarrassing, because being immune to everything seems a lot easier to code than being immune to some things.

Actually, I've played since launch. I was in every beta and started on the earliest pre-start. Stop your whining and complaining like a child.

Maybe they fixed it to work like it *should*.

Maybe they fixed it to work like it *should*.

So it should make you immune to all controlling effects as stated on the tool tip, except in those instances where it doesn't work? How on earth is that the way it *should* work?

Maybe they should fix it so it works as advertised.

So it should make you immune to all controlling effects as stated on the tool tip, except in those instances where it doesn't work? How on earth is that the way it *should* work?

Maybe they should fix it so it works as advertised.

Or maybe you should learn what a "Controlling Effect" is. Nobody can CC you while you have it on, so I'd say it's doing its job properly.

Force Choke isn't a CC, neither are knockbacks. Stop complaining in a rude way.

Well I can't say much about using Hunker Down in PVP since I don't actually pvp all that much but I can say this about the ability....it does protect against Knockback. I use HD on the 2nd Boss of Lost Island that does an AoE Smash before jumping onto the pipes above you a few seconds later, and I just continue to rail on the boss for the few secs that everyone else is flying thru the air and the Boss hasn't jumped onto the pipe yet. He does this Smash around 3x during the fight and I can use HD on the 1st and 3rd usually with no loss of DPS....try it urself and see.

So it does prevent Knockbacks in PVE :)

No one defends something being literally broken except for people receiving a paycheck from EA or complete idiots

I just wanted to give you guys the benefit of the doubt, is all.

"Us" guys? Did you see my post about how it's actually been broken since launch? Rocketeers on Alderaan? Yeah, still knock you out of HD. So, if you were including me in that, lrn2read. If not, nevermind.

Besides, all the actual employees' posts about bugs and broken mechanics are actually along the lines of "Thank you for finding that!" or "We have put it on our Known Issues list, and slated it for a fix". Never have I seen an employee say "Wut? It werks fine, I don't see a problem".

Basically, stop calling posters "employees" please.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

U Mad?

"Us" guys? Did you see my post about how it's actually been broken since launch? Rocketeers on Alderaan? Yeah, still knock you out of HD. So, if you were including me in that, lrn2read. If not, nevermind.

Besides, all the actual employees' posts about bugs and broken mechanics are actually along the lines of "Thank you for finding that!" or "We have put it on our Known Issues list, and slated it for a fix". Never have I seen an employee say "Wut? It werks fine, I don't see a problem".

Basically, stop calling posters "employees" please.

You must not read the forums often if you haven't seen "working as intended" used ever

You must not read the forums often if you haven't seen "working as intended" used ever

I've seen it once or twice, usually accompanied with a long explanation complete with mathematical evaluation. And usually, those are responses to posts that come from people who can't play if they're not OP.

This thread, however, is a different case. It's not working right. Anyone can see that by simply going to Alderaan, Take Cover, Hunker Down, and engage a Rocketeer. Voila, broken HD.

I have to say that I've also noticed an increase in the number of times I've been blasted out of HD.

Not by physical attacks, but by knockbacks, jump-to's+knockback, and any number of different things.

I don't agree with the way the OP has voiced his discontent, but I certainly agree that HD is definitly broken right now.

Does force choke count Control? I've been choked out of Hunker a few times during the 6 second duration.

I'm guessing because Force Choke is a Force ability and it seems to work through hunker down. The tool tip doesn't say much...

You can cleanse the CC-effect, so it's CC

You can cleanse the CC-effect, so it's CC

It's not a CC effect...it's a debuff.

OP, and people agreeing with him, I'm not saying it's broken or not...I'm saying that maybe BioWare doesn't define "Controlling Effects" the way you all think it is defined (or should be defined). It seems to me that "Controlling Effects" means, literally, effects that control (CC abilities). If so, knockback/knockdown/stuns wouldn't be included in that.

Why is it that you all believe HD should protect against knockback and knockdown? Those aren't controlling effects. I guess this is just where I'm a bit lost on it. You're assuming these effects are CC effects, which I wouldn't include them as part of.